Interior help with lost part.

-

articcolds

Reaction score
Hello
I am finally getting my 68 Plymouth Barracuda back together. Finding and losing parts as I go. I habe came to a dilemma and need a little help.
Right below the rear sail panel there is a plastic piece. It holds the upper interior metal piece for the rear quarter window. I don't know the name of it or I wouldn't ask. Not sure if I can buy one or someone has one. But I am in need if anyone could help me out would be quite grateful. Thanks

I somehow broke one of those. I found a square nylon piece ( license plate fastener I think ) that fit the slot in the body so I put a plastic tubing spacer on the screw. My pitiful memory says 3/4 inch long spacer. Took a little fishing to get the screw in the fastener but it worked.

That is a good idea if I cannot find a part to replace it. I was hoping someone would know or have one. Thanks for the reply.

If you have a Year One catalog handy, there are dozens of Exploded View diagrams throughout for almost every major assembly. At a minimum, you can see what it looks like and find out the name of it to buy one from Mr. G's (mrgusa.com) or R/T Specialties.

Thanks for the help forgive my question but was looking on the Year One site and cannot find any exploded views. Not sure if I am looking in the right area . Maybe that would help find some of the weather strip for the side windows as well. They don't seem to exist either atleast the ones that are on the side windows. Otherwise was thinking maybe a parts book of that era.

Oh, I'm sorry. I meant their printed catalog. It's been years since I bought one but it was $7.50, and there was a coupon tucked inside for $10 off my first order.

The diagrams proved invaluable during reassembly. I had about 10 years of rolling chassis before my paint job and it was tough to remember everything. :D

Yes I have about 1 year of working on car before I have finally painted. I didn't take enough pictures to help put things like window hardware back together. But I did order a Year One catalog hoping it will help figure out the part. But like most things for this Barracuda it won't exist in a reproduction part . And without knowing the name asking others remains difficult. Let me ask you what you did about the plastic guides on the side windows of the car. Not the quarter glass weather strip but the front channel guides that are on the windows. I see mine are totally wrecked and I am sure they don't exist. Just curious

Those forward glass guides are available in a kit for 1 or both doors. Average cost is 50 USD per door.
As for that special oval shaped screw catcher you need in the quarter, I seriously doubt its available. I have a broke one laying on my tool box. Owners of donors might break what the have at removal. Worse is your breaking what they provide at your install. Plastics get brittle with age. Nature of the beast.

Any ideas where the guides are available would be great to find. I do understand over the years these things get brittle and break. I will have to make something to work as some have suggested I guess. Like many things that are not possible to buy or find just have to improvise and maybe at a swap meet find it or do without. I only ask here to get ideas and know what others are doing. Thanks

If I could take mine back apart and show you my substitute.. I would. Alternate plastic snap in screw catcher worked. Short piece of 1/2 pvc pipe replaced the length and foot print of their OEM piece.

Thanks for the information. I will try a license plate snap plastic deal and your 1/2 pvc pipe idea and think that will work ok. I do appreciate all the ideas .
I could start a new thread or search again to find the plastic guides or options on the side windows. I am not 100% on what there called. They have grooves and held onto the window by white t type snap hardware. Have a black weatherstripping and chrome color plastic I assume it is to seal the window tight in the weather strip as well as help hold seal in the end window guides. I have purchased a original parts manual in hopes to give me a better idea of names and placement of parts on the car. I have looked at other years to see if there is anything I could use for this instead since I am sure I cannot buy them. Had no luck

try "a-body door glass channel run" and/or mopar part number 1-02932230

That is the picture of what I was searching for . I was going to try and put a pic on here but been so long I have forgot how to put one on here. I got in touch with barracudakid and he had the pieces I was looking for. Thank you very much all of you for the help with this. I do have to add if anyone needs the side window front channel guides that I was searching for. Barracudakid helped me find a place called Dante's Parts and of course they are a little pricey but what do you do.

-
Back