Is 426ci 360 a small block?

-
I really dig the diptick tube.

Hemi orange & 8qts oil.

always wondered about that, I bought an 8 quart milodon oilpan, does that mean my whole system takes 8 quarts or do I need to add a quart for the filter?

always wondered about that, I bought an 8 quart milodon oilpan, does that mean my whole system takes 8 quarts or do I need to add a quart for the filter?

The 30935 for the 318 and 340 and the 30940 for the 360 take 8 quarts plus the filter.

Nice. A super Vic intake right?
How big of a header tu e will be run?

Mines just a little old 408
It made 512HP/519TQ on the dyno

It's not in the car as of yet but soon it will live

1393456_720516201352665_2762093611439174302_n.jpg

Nice. A super Vic intake right?
How big of a header tu e will be run?

Just curious to how it compared to my current build, 420 inch W2-headed smallblock. :happy1:

I'll provide a lot more information shortly, just trying to be cutesy right now. Super Vic yes, same intake we ran on the 462 HP 273. These are ProComp/RaceMaster heads. 1st time I've tried them.

You don't necessarily need 8 quarts in the system. 6-7 should be plenty. I run 5 total in my car with a standard pump. Running a little less helps keep the oil away from the crank and the extra from sloshing back & forth.

I'll provide a lot more information shortly, just trying to be cutesy right now. Super Vic yes, same intake we ran on the 462 HP 273. These are ProComp/RaceMaster heads. 1st time I've tried them.

now this will be very interesting......keep us updated!

Michael

How do you like those Pro Comp heads so far?

How do you like those Pro Comp heads so far?

I guess they're okay. Not super impressed. A couple of outside exhaust ports were cast so close to the bolt holes the gasket is blowing out on the dyno. We will install aluminum studs into the bolt holes, finish them flush and move the bolt hole over in the head and header to get more sealing surface. Yesterday's 2nd dyno run was 523 lb-ft and 532 hp. Today was 541 lb-ft and 572 hp.

You don't necessarily need 8 quarts in the system. 6-7 should be plenty. I run 5 total in my car with a standard pump. Running a little less helps keep the oil away from the crank and the extra from sloshing back & forth.

do you run that on the streets or only on the track ?

(mine will be a daily driver)

Is there a thread on the 462hp 273, or some details on the combo sounds like fun!

-
Back