Is A New Chrsyler A Patriotic Purchase?

-
A lot of Jap cars are assembled here with parts made in Japan! That does not make it an American car. Remember Pearl Harbor!

So somewhere way back down the line my ancestors came from japan, so that means I'm made of japanese "parts"........does that mean I'm not American? Americans make a living getting paid from Nissan, Toyota, Subaru....etc factories here in the US, should they all abandon their jobs because the name on the building is a japanese name? And I may not have been there, but my grandfather worked to rebuild Pearl Harbor after the attack, guess what......he was japanese. So I remember Pearl Harbor, lived about 2 miles from the front gate most of my life. And one other thing, wasn't germany on the "otherside" during WWII. I also served in the US Air Force and received the Commendation Medal for Operation Dersert Shield/Desert Storm.......but I guess that doesn't count.

BTW what's your ancestry?

I personally don't buy new cars because I hate losing so much money just driving it off the lot. My mother on the other hand would never buy a used car.

This "remember Pearl Harbor" and "remember WWII" junk gets on my nerves. The companies that built military hardware for our enemies 70 years ago weren't the ones that declared war on us; it was the leaders of their countries, helloooo...! They had no say in the matter, they built the stuff because it was their duty as citizens of a nation at war. I see the mentality of "don't buy Japanese/German because they were our enemies once upon a time" the same as blaming soldiers for an unjust war. They didn't make the choice to go to war with a certain country, they just follow orders and fight their hardest because they are supporting the nation they belong to! If everyone had this kind of mentality humankind would never make any progress, hell if you go back far enough in history pretty much every nation or race has been in conflict with one another at some point. Should I refuse to buy products made in western Europe because 600 years ago my father's ancestors in the Levantine were possibly at war with them?

Nothing Chrysler is American anymore unfortunately. Also don't buy into the propaganda that Foreign Brand Car X "built in America" load of crap. Even if the car is built in the US the ajority of the profits go overseas and cripple our economy. Buy Ford or GM if you want new and to support the US economy. even if a Ford or Gm is built in Mexico the majority of the profits stay in the US. Thats good for our economy.

Nothing Chrysler is American anymore unfortunately. Also don't buy into the propaganda that Foreign Brand Car X "built in America" load of crap. Even if the car is built in the US the ajority of the profits go overseas and cripple our economy. Buy Ford or GM if you want new and to support the US economy. even if a Ford or Gm is built in Mexico the majority of the profits stay in the US. Thats good for our economy.

We have all bought some Ford and GM in some sense. With tax dollars. :eek:ops:

I can see where you're coming from, but what strengthens the economy is jobs. For jobs we need manufacturing, which these factories provide. Corporations use profits for R&D and technology. GM moved its tech and R&D facilities to China so it is sending profits and jobs overseas. So they are not only crippling our economy, but also giving away vital technology. I'll see if I can find that video of the GM CEO giving a speech in China outling the whole thing. I also believe that the amount these foreign companies spend in the US in to cover payroll, landlease, facility construction, trucking for materials, etc....is alot more then the profits that are sent overseas. But I, like you, would prefer to have everything stay American.

I would not buy a new car ....... Not for the fact im never going to have the money lol ....... But for the fact that I drove a 08 dodge ram . the damn thing sucks if you dont put your seat belt on it will not shut up . I dont want my cars watching me . Or telling me what to do . the newest ride I have had has been a 95 (GM) I have never owned or drove any thing jap . (Cant spell the whole word sorry )

Interesting sight. What is up with the Hebrew symbols? And the Jewish rhetoric with USA flags flying? Weird.

The family is Jewish from Israel, where they speak Hebrew, hence the first part, and they live in the US now, hence the USA part.

so, none of.you shop walmart either, I suppose. Hell , Harley Davidson is assembled using foreign and domestic parts. We, collectively, are not the manufacturing giant/super-power we once were.
And for everyone one clamoring," remember the great wars“ our weapons were manufactured by seemingly inoccuos companies. International harvester, singer sewing machine among others built rifles, Hell Chrysler built tank engines, Rockwell and Eaton collaborated to. build.plane engines here in.Chicago.
Careful when pointing fingers, there's always 3 pointing back.
off my soapbox now,thanks.for your.time.

This "remember Pearl Harbor" and "remember WWII" junk gets on my nerves. The companies that built military hardware for our enemies 70 years ago weren't the ones that declared war on us; it was the leaders of their countries, helloooo...! They had no say in the matter, they built the stuff because it was their duty as citizens of a nation at war. I see the mentality of "don't buy Japanese/German because they were our enemies once upon a time" the same as blaming soldiers for an unjust war. They didn't make the choice to go to war with a certain country, they just follow orders and fight their hardest because they are supporting the nation they belong to! If everyone had this kind of mentality humankind would never make any progress, hell if you go back far enough in history pretty much every nation or race has been in conflict with one another at some point. Should I refuse to buy products made in western Europe because 600 years ago my father's ancestors in the Levantine were possibly at war with them?

Dude, Screw the war crap, do a little history on japanese business tactics. How they dump their **** in other countries (namely the U.S)at a loss to eliminate the competition. They have done it with electronics and got busted in the 80's doing it in the automotive industry. Before people ***** about the so called bail out(paid back secured loans) the US auto makers got, understand that all jap auto companies are subsidized by their government and sometime our government.

There isn't any 100% American product, be it a car to a coffee table, Harley Davidson stopped makin' bikes in 1984, if you ask me, that's what ya get when everybody wants to get the good Wallyworld deals, it's pathetic. You can still get quality American made product product, ya gotta pay for it and it's worth it, same goes for up here in nanookland. If everybody stuck to their gun's and only supported American product the country would be so much better off, but too many people are stuck in front of the idiot box eatin garbage washing their brains. thanks I feel better now.

So somewhere way back down the line my ancestors came from japan, so that means I'm made of japanese "parts"........does that mean I'm not American? Americans make a living getting paid from Nissan, Toyota, Subaru....etc factories here in the US, should they all abandon their jobs because the name on the building is a japanese name? And I may not have been there, but my grandfather worked to rebuild Pearl Harbor after the attack, guess what......he was japanese. So I remember Pearl Harbor, lived about 2 miles from the front gate most of my life. And one other thing, wasn't germany on the "otherside" during WWII. I also served in the US Air Force and received the Commendation Medal for Operation Dersert Shield/Desert Storm.......but I guess that doesn't count.

BTW what's your ancestry?

Thank you for your service & sacrifices. It sure as hell does count as far as I'm concerned!

A little FYI for the guys still holding grudges from WWII. Did you know that BAYER(yes as in aspirin) was the manufacturer of the gases & experimental drugs used against the Jews in Nazi Germany? Did you know that IBM made the machines used to issue & track the serial #s issued to Jewish people & eventually prisoners?
Seems to me a company's direct involvement in such atrocities is worse than a company who was a defense contractor for their own country in a time of war.
Japan is 1 of our closest allies in the world today especially economically.

I think the only "patriotic" new car purchase is a Ford because they took no bailout money.

Dude, Screw the war crap, do a little history on japanese business tactics. How they dump their **** in other countries (namely the U.S)at a loss to eliminate the competition. They have done it with electronics and got busted in the 80's doing it in the automotive industry. Before people ***** about the so called bail out(paid back secured loans) the US auto makers got, understand that all jap auto companies are subsidized by their government and sometime our government.

That's actually what china did to take hold of the manufacturing and export (from china) market. They would devalue their currency to make it a bargan to do business with them. This went on until about the middle to late 2000's. Now the businesses are so vested in china they can bring their currency rate back up. But china isn't the only one to do it.

Just a question for the "staff", is it okay to use kike, spic, chink, nigger, beaner, gook, kraut, wetback....... on this site? Just thought I'd ask since jap has been used quite bit here.

I don't doubt what you are saying, that probably is true about their business tactics BUT I was only referring to the excuses regarding "they used to be our enemies once upon a time." I actually took a Globalization Since 1945 class last semester in college and I learned how the U.S. enacted trade and currency exchange agreements with Japan that gave them a huge advantage so they could rebuild from the devastation of WWII and "catch up" in the world economy... Only problem was, once they did catch up in the 1970s they just kept growing while our own economy started to fall behind, largely due to American business practices making "quick money" the top priority while Japanese businesses were (and still are) all about longevity and actually building good products along with the best employee benefits possible. Yes they did dump their products here at a loss but our own government actually encouraged it until they realized that it came back to bite us in the end...

Just a question for the "staff", is it okay to use kike, spic, chink, nigger, beaner, gook, kraut, wetback....... on this site? Just thought I'd ask since jap has been used quite bit here.

It must be ok cause I've seen honky, cracker, whitey, peckerwood, redneck and any other supposedly "derogatory" names for whites used here......but I'm a cracker and it doesn't bother me one damn bit.

I don't doubt what you are saying, that probably is true about their business tactics BUT I was only referring to the excuses regarding "they used to be our enemies once upon a time." I actually took a Globalization Since 1945 class last semester in college and I learned how the U.S. enacted trade and currency exchange agreements with Japan that gave them a huge advantage so they could rebuild from the devastation of WWII and "catch up" in the world economy... Only problem was, once they did catch up in the 1970s they just kept growing while our own economy started to fall behind, largely due to American business practices making "quick money" the top priority while Japanese businesses were (and still are) all about longevity and actually building good products along with the best employee benefits possible. Yes they did dump their products here at a loss but our own government actually encouraged it until they realized that it came back to bite us in the end...

And sadly our government still hasn't learned. Not much will change while there is still so much greed in big business. Our government needs to work on getting manufacturing back in the USA. Get the steel industry back up and running, fabrication, r&d, technology development....anything and everything. Cut back on alot (if not all) of these "trade agreements" that don't benefit industry in the US. With manufacturing comes jobs, with jobs our economy thrives. If we had to go into a major war, we really don't have many factories that can be re-tooled to manufacture what we need to win.

It must be ok cause I've seen honky, cracker, whitey, peckerwood, redneck and any other supposedly "derogatory" names for whites used here......but I'm a cracker and it doesn't bother me one damn bit.

I was just asking because if they said yes I'd be okay with that.....just want it to be fair :D Most of the time it's how its said not that it was said.

About as American as Hyundai. Oh wait, Hyundai builds cars here...and they don't seem to fall apart within 5-7 years. FIAT, never known for being a quality brand-translation "I don't think I'll be buying anything they touch. It's all S."

The biggest expense to building a car is the labor. And let's not forget how many parts are 'contractor' parts, so the argument of "The profits go overseas," holds a lot less water. Those are net profits. What the workers, dealers, techs, et cetera do with the cash they make off working on said products can stem that tide as well. Also, if that were such an all-encompassing statement, why would GM have needed a bail-out? They make a helluva a lot of cars in China (not the mention Europe and Australia), so those profits should have held them over if that statement was 100% truthful

-
Back