Is it just me or is the Nats unorganized?

-
It's still one of my favorite shows to go to, and if you know who to fall in with, extremely informative.
As for Heath, man I was standing at the Holiday Inn Express too. We must have been right there together. I was standing in front of someones red Duster. If you saw a 65 Fury Conv Pace Car, then I wasn't far from that. I was also selling keys in the swap area Saturday.
I also learned if you hang a left at the Speedway, shoot up N30th you can bypass all that 1 lane crap, and go back down. So I had a good time, but Heath will kill it's self if they keep up the tickets.

I had a good time meet a lot of cool guys and gals everything was great until I got my show cart got jack lol hemi,mark,hemi denny I know who involve

Mike's golf cart.... My buddy Don AKA Bull1tt on FABO took Mikes mirror from his Duster and placed it under his golf cart.......I was just a look out! Of course Denny made Mike a new Plaque for his 1st place winning 1 of 1 golf carts!

Attachments

• mikesgolf.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 223
I did talk to someone tonight in Heath that said there is talk of it moving to Norwalk to the new nhra track, but he said the grounds are much smaller.

I go to both tracks because they are local. Yes, Norwalk has to have less acreage than National Trail. The Norwalk track is the best around these parts Period. Nat'l Trail has gone down hill since it was taken over by NHRA. Norwalk is privately owned and the Bader family put a lot into it. Norwalk would be better for the racers but you could not have as many show/fun cars on site compared to Natl Trail. There is a Mopar event September 12-14 at Norwalk coming up. http://www.monstermopar.com/ It is geared more for the racers than show or swap but I ALWAYS go because it's the last big Mopar show around here before ol' man winter comes through. I have to breathe in enough tire smoke and high octane fumes to keep me going til next season.

I go to the Nats for the experience and overlook organization, I'm just used to it being that way. I don't care if all the a-bods or b-bods are together because I make it a point to have fun. As I get older, the interaction with the people is what I am enjoying more these days. My first Mopar Nats was 1983 at Milan.

Been here for two days now. I have a handicap placard in the car when I show up at the gate. I ask were HC parking is. they say just pull in to the vendor area , someone will tell you where to park. Like I said, It's been two days now and nobody can tell me where handicap parking is. What a joke. I just park wherever I want to !! LOL

Hey, Mitch, was wondering if you ever found that parking. I took my 4yr, old grandaughter, was looking for the fun tent, nobody knew where it was.
great spare tire and great to deal with you Mitch, it will look good in my Cuda. Good luck on your resto's.
Glenn

Mike's golf cart.... My buddy Don AKA Bull1tt on FABO took Mikes mirror from his Duster and placed it under his golf cart.......I was just a look out! Of course Denny made Mike a new Plaque for his 1st place winning 1 of 1 golf carts!

Oh man! I missed that! Now I'm the one ROFLMAO!!!

Not too far from us at the Holiday Inn Express. We didn't stick around for the crazies this year. We went to Buckeye lake instead. A couple of happening pubs there.

I heard that town is very classy. Someone I worked with told me the chief of police can " get you what you want". Idk if it's true, but it sounds funny.

Actually, I kind of like the mix up of the body types. I usually can only stay for 1 day, by being mixed up, I can see pretty much every type of mopar out there even if i dont make the entire round due to time.

Actually, I kind of like the mix up of the body types. I usually can only stay for 1 day, by being mixed up, I can see pretty much every type of mopar out there even if i dont make the entire round due to time.

I agree... I prefer the cars being all mixed up.. I have been to Carlisle several times, and too me, its like the polar opposite.. its too organized for me.. Plus as someone mentioned earlier, some people go in groups and all want to park together.. Thats what our group does.. we park in that row along the staging lanes every year.. For me its more about the overall experience.. I enjoy the interaction with the other people and hanging in our group together..

I went ot nats every year from 1987 to bout 2003. it has always been unoraganized, lots of ways it could be improved.
sounds like i'm glad I didn' spend a stupid amount of $$ to make trip from Missouri..
for the diehard guy it is still perhaps a must go to deal....glad I;m not a diehard anymore!!!
it was always fun looking for that " illusive" part and at a fair price. at nats both could be hard to accomplish though! LOL
back when I had lots of parts, fun to price my stuff fairly and sell out!!! even give away a few.
seems to me, its run by people that are only after the buck... otherwise any idiot could make it a better event!!!!!! just me...........

Of all the years i have gone to NATS .. this has been the worst ... but still had a good time .. I will defintately not go back for awhile ....
Lets face it .. if the electricity of the HELLCAT and the HEMI tribute cannot make it one of the best shows ever ... what will ? ...
Going to try Carlisle and Mopar fest in future .

By far, the worst part of the event for me was the damn golf carts EVERYWHERE. They need to put a limitation on them. You couldn't walk anywhere without one of them on your heels or coming at you head on with no regard. Most seemed to be loaded with younger people who should have no problem walking.

This year was very different for me, as it was the first time going as a dad. I was more excited about my 2 yr old seeing the event than I was for myself. We got there about 10:30 Saturday, and there was a coloring contest scheduled for 11:00. I remember years ago, it took place in one of the vendor spots near the staging lanes, so we walked all through those first and saw nothing. I walked up to the registration tent, waited in line for a minute, and eventually got up to 2 teenage girls who were sitting at the table drawing on each others arms with markers. I asked where the coloring contest was, they both looked like deer in headlights, then shrugged and continued drawing. Luckily, I caught a guy walking by that knew the general direction it was in, and we made it in time. What the hell was the point in those two sitting at the registration table to ignore participants?

-
Back