Is it just me or is the Nats unorganized?

Mopar Events and Classic Car Shows

1. toolmanmike

toolmanmike FABO Staff Staff Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    10:02 PM
    It is loosely organized but the chaos is part of the energy. tmm

2. 72Dodge

72Dodge Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The Nats are a far cry from what they were 20 years ago. I didn't bother going again this year after seeing it last year. It's still a lot of fun, don't get me wrong, but not like it was in the early '90s. Back then you couldn't even hope to see it all in 2 or 3 days it was so huge.

3. abodyjoe

abodyjoe Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:02 PM
    thats cool.. guys at moparts were making it sound like the end of the world before hand..lol

4. krazykuda

krazykuda FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    It's just you....

5. abodyjoe

abodyjoe Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    what's just who??

6. WRB426

WRB426 Insane 4 Mopars FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    When did they shut down to one lane? I was there til after 10 and it was still two lanes. I was at red lobster intersection.

7. doogievlg

doogievlg Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Maybe 100 yards past that intersection. When I was on my way out I saw a lot of guys cruising before it though

8. WRB426

Local Time:
    Which car were you in?

9. toolmanmike

toolmanmike FABO Staff Staff Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    Not too far from us at the Holiday Inn Express. We didn't stick around for the crazies this year. We went to Buckeye lake instead. A couple of happening pubs there.

10. cosgig

cosgig MoBro Inc. FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    You can argue that fact all day with anyone, but the fact of the matter is that its your fault for having to pay so much! 3 day fun field passes are $65, and that gets your car in and 2 wristbands! If you were planning on coming, why not pay in advance? I get my car, tow vehicle, trailer and all my parts in for all 3 days, and could come Thursday if I wanted, all for $125! With my tow vehicle inside the gates, I get inside the track storage, coolers, lunch, my tent, mini bike, and anything else I want to bring in, and a place to store my parts purchases!! Yea, you are only a couple hours away and your circumstances may vary, but its still only $65 for the 3'day fun field pass with 2 person entry!

As for the bathrooms, why not use the nice inside bathrooms inside the tower? or the one inside the Hot Rod Grille building or under the bleachers if you have ladies? My girls always used the tower bathrooms...air conditioned and clean!!!Geof

11. HemiMark

HemiMark Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    And no $2 cheese sandwiches!

12. doogievlg

doogievlg Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    The dart stayed at home sadly. I was in my silver 2000 gt. Nothing fancy just bone stock. I did one burnout as I was leaving and they got me. It was on the lowes side

13. Rodzilla

Rodzilla Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:02 PM
    lmao!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • badlilred79

badlilred79 badred360 FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
      I had a good time meet a lot of cool guys and gals everything was great until I got my show cart got jack lol hemi,mark,hemi denny I know who involve

• PA Dodger

PA Dodger Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      It wasn't any more disorganized than in the past. It isn't as structured as Chrysler Carlisle but Carlisle doesn't have drag racing and cruising. But, it looks like the show organizers aren't putting any effort into the show. The midway was at least half empty. The main pavilion had the Jeg's car and a newer black Challenger (not the Hellcat although there was one there). That's all the interesting cars they could come up with? The exhibition runs down the track-I was watching but have no idea who exactly was the main attraction. Kinda seems like they are running on the show name and not putting any effort into keeping it interesting. Today (Sunday) we got to the show around 9:30 am and it was a ghost town. I have never seen it that empty.
      As for the cruising, it wasn't worth the effort. The announcements at the show gave a few options for the cruising.We checked out Tri-County Dodge and they had a great turnout for a small dealership. There was nobody in Newark which was the alternative to Heath. And Heath being narrowed down to one lane sucked. There was gridlock and you only saw a Mopar every now and then.
      Maybe it's time to take a break from the Nats.

• Rodzilla

Rodzilla Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      9:02 PM
      MORE LMAO!!! It was nice to meet you too Mike!

• WRB426

Local Time:
      I was wondering if the ghost town today was normal for the show. And I was hoping for more special cars and guest. I wish I saw the hellcat. Reminds me of Englishtown, slowly went down hill til it was not worth going.

• PA Dodger

PA Dodger Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      Sunday is usually light because many people leave to get home. I have never seen it like this year. The Hellcat was there Saturday near the Holley booth. It was white. There was usually something or someone to make it interesting. Used to be Bill Maverick Golden or the Raminator monster truck or something like that.

• RzeroB

RzeroB Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      I went to the Nats this year for the first time in over 20 years and came away with the same impression.

I went this year because with the 100th anniversary of Dodge and the 50th anniversary of the 426 Hemi. I was expecting it to be a really big deal and awesome "must see" event. Sadly, I didn't come away with that impression. The big Dodge event seemed to be the Hellcat and the Hemi tribute seemed to consist of the two 68 SS/AA cars. I thought that I would see more. What really surprised me was that I looked for, but could not find, a single original "R code" Hemi E-body. If there was one on the grounds I didn't see it and I thought that I had done a pretty thorough search! For being "the BIG event" I was really surprised that there wasn't one there.

I guess I was just expecting it to be more like it was when I had previously attended in the 80's thru the early 90's. Things really have changed ... but then again I should have been realistic and anticipated that it would have.

The highlight for me was stopping by the FABO tent and the one over at Cuda-Challenger.com and saying "hi" to all you guys! :cheers:

• Sublime Swinger

Sublime Swinger Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      Friday drags seemed kind of slapped together, long pauses between sets, Saturday was much better. Was hoping to see more than just 5 FAST cars down the track. Who ever had the hemi demon under the fabo tent all I have to say is "Wow!". Did anyone see what the dyno numbers were on the graveyard carz Daytona? I seen it in line but didn't get to see it up there. I didn't get to stop and talk to anyone in the fabo tent my group seemed to be on a mission all weekend.

• krazykuda

Local Time:
      I was being a smart ass and answering the title...

• Rob Fess

Rob Fess Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      i went to nats since 90s since before indy nats. seems like every year it gets worse no exibition cars no pro stocks no wheel standers no hemi shoot out with ss hemi cars. very dissapointing

• cosgig

cosgig MoBro Inc. FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
      The graveyard cars Daytona was a whopping 229 RWHP!! Not bad i guess, but not awesome either!!

• krazykuda

Local Time:

Unfortunately, in today's economy, many companies are cutting costs. One of the costs that they cut is the advertising/promo budget and the support for the nats suffers. :wack:

I find it contradictory that Mopar does not want to sponsor the Nats anymore, but uses it to help promote the new Hellcat.... :banghead:

• HemiDenny

HemiDenny HDK Suspension FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
      Unorganized??....yeah, there is room for improvement.

Ever try hearding cats?......

I do enjoy it....year after year....best place to see some of the best Mopars and owners I know of.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.