Is it the world or just me?

-
On Jay Leno...Morse Code VS Texting...

<iframe src="http://www.ebaumsworld.com/media/embed/80519289" width="567" height="345" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Jay Leno---Technology - Video

As a radio amateur I found this incredibly funny, though I doubt most of the audience "got" it. But I can't copy CW that fast, either on paper or in my head. In my "good years" 25 wpm was about as fast as I could go.

O.K., I though I was just going crazy. Thanks for the help everybody, it was much cheaper than hiring a shrink.

I was in an insurance office the other day requesting a quote. The girl would ask a question or two, type into the computer and then pick up her phone to text for a few minutes. After a few repeats of the scenario I got up and left. In a couple of minutes I got a phone call from the girl who was apologizing and telling me that her texting was a very important message. I said,"You're right. It was more important than my business!" and I hung up.
I recognize that textiing is a great tool of technology. I use it fairly regularly. But, it has a time and a place. The sad part is there is a whole world of people that think the most important thing in their life is that phone call or text message......

I would consider intentionally running into someone who did not see you coming to "put him on his ***" as the definition of rude.

They have 15 yard penalties for that in the NFL.
Never said I was not rude....at least I am willing to admit to it.....I think we all have our moments....and anyone who says they have never been rude once in there life is a liar.

My Wife has a super whammy smart/I phone,...text, internet, etc,...She gets SOME pissed when I leave my old fashioned flip phone @ home,...on purpose,...

I think it is convenient to recieve a message and be able to read when i have
free time. Like all of these post. (Text messages) i just read.

Don't need to look any further than this site and its 2 million + posts to see rude. How many times has any one sent a pm to some one and not gotten a response? Had a difference in opinion with some folks here and they just ceased all communication with me. Perhaps it is just me but there is plenty of "rudeness" here....

Never said I was not rude....at least I am willing to admit to it.....I think we all have our moments....and anyone who says they have never been rude once in there life is a liar.

I've never been rude once in my life. :D

Exactly what 65_valiant said ^^^ !

X2.

I won't answer my phone while driving either, it has voice mail. No texting in the car, the store, while walking down the street (I prefer not to get ran over because of a text).

I know about nine people and two dogs, so I'm not MR. SOCIAL to begin with...

BUT, regardless of how many or few people I know, it doesn't change the fact that I hate being on a phone more than sixty seconds.

I always answer the phone, but it best be quick-pertinent info being related ("beers later?", "titties on ch.526",etc) or a GD Emergency. I have the verizon bare-minimum 400 minutes, and use about 150/month tops. Unlimited texts though. If it's not important don't call; it can wait and be addressed when I feel like checking my texts, and I don't have to waste time logging into voicemail: F THAT.

Texting is great. My Android rules. One of the features I love about smartphones it is it keeps a record of the text conversation PER CONTACT. Those that don't have this, or know what I'm referring to, have no idea what they're missing. Life SIMPLIFIED.

I don't know a lot of people, but I thought this is what people did now...

I have cell phone and use it as a phone
Texting I cannot stand -people drive & text, stop dead in the mall or store to text!
Really ... you can't stop for 5 mins?
They are becoming mindless drones

I don't even own a cell phone. I work at home and cell service is junk where I live...And when im not home I dont want to be around a damn phone.

Hang on man technology is going to come hard and fast in the next 10 years in your work and personal life. you will have to either embrace it or get left behind.

My New I phone is amazing, i have so many apps that make my life easier its awesome.

The Wednesday before Thanksgiving Joyce and I went out to eat in downtown Orlando with my middle son and his girl friend. There was a couple of 30 somethings seated across an aisle from us. From the time that they were seated until they left, they literally did not say a word to each other. Both were on their cell phones either texting, playing games, or what ever. The only time they spoke was to order and pay the tab. They were together, and needed to talk to someone else, I suppose.
For nearly an hour they shared a table and a meal, and not much else.

The Wednesday before Thanksgiving Joyce and I went out to eat in downtown Orlando with my middle son and his girl friend. There was a couple of 30 somethings seated across an aisle from us. From the time that they were seated until they left, they literally did not say a word to each other. Both were on their cell phones either texting, playing games, or what ever. The only time they spoke was to order and pay the tab. They were together, and needed to talk to someone else, I suppose.
For nearly an hour they shared a table and a meal, and not much else.
I have people that stop in and its the same deal, You cant get there attention because thier eyes are on thier phone the whole time.

texting is great , at work , on the clock, in the bathroom , posting on FABO......its a beautiful thing ..........ssshhhhh ! cant you see...... im texting

texting is great , at work , on the clock, in the bathroom , posting on FABO......its a beautiful thing ..........ssshhhhh ! cant you see...... im texting

That way the person you're conversing with can't hear the ungodly noises you're making or hear the sound of the flush. :D

THANK YOU!! I enjoyed the laugh for sure :D
People would be surprized to know what causes most car accidents :banghead:
I think he was trying to say you were the rude one for knocking the dumbass on his dumb ***...

I don't even own a cell phone. I work at home and cell service is junk where I live...And when im not home I dont want to be around a damn phone.
ding ding ding we have a winner.
Same here (well, the service here is fine, but who needs it?). Why would I want to have to answer the phone when I'm out driving around?

A friend of mine asked me when I was going to get a cell phone so he could call me if everyone was going to go for coffee. I pointed out to him that he'd never called me at home, so what difference would a cell phone make?:D

btw, my former boss said his kids and their friends stand in a circle texting each other. Sounds like time to eliminate it from everyday usage.

.. .... .- - . - --- ... .- -.-- .. - -... ..- - .. .... . .-.. .--. . -.. -.-. .-. . .- - . - .... .. ... -- --- -. ... - . .-. .-.-.- - .... . .--. .... --- -. . -... ..- ... .. -. . ... ... .... .- ... -.-. .... .- -. --. . -.. .- .-.. --- - .. -. ...-- ----- -.-- . .- .-. ... .-.-.-

Hang on man technology is going to come hard and fast in the next 10 years in your work and personal life. you will have to either embrace it or get left behind.

My New I phone is amazing, i have so many apps that make my life easier its awesome.

And as the solar storms increase technology fails. I hope it dont happen but what happen to other advanced civiliations in the past. Alot of space junk out there to take itself also.

.. .... .- - . - --- ... .- -.-- .. - -... ..- - .. .... . .-.. .--. . -.. -.-. .-. . .- - . - .... .. ... -- --- -. ... - . .-. .-.-.- - .... . .--. .... --- -. . -... ..- ... .. -. . ... ... .... .- ... -.-. .... .- -. --. . -.. .- .-.. --- - .. -. ...-- ----- -.-- . .- .-. ... .-.-.-

You did? Well, I agree it has changed a lot. But it's useful technology if used respectfully and properly.

-
Back