Votes: 52 52.5%
  • No part it out

Votes: 39 39.4%
  • Other, please specify

Votes: 8 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
Looks to me by the pictures that most of the right side is bent in , I'd scrap it myself

really you do need to add more information and pictures for a fair assessment. I dont think your ask is the least bit out of line as a complete car or a car to part for someone in need of parts.

bucket seat cores pr 4-500
console 1-200
brackets - 100
fenders if good 4-500 ea
hood - 150-250
header w/ grilles and bezels (condition?) 3-600
rear window trim 350-500

a lot more parts from there, column, wheels tires, dash etc etc... I would probably kick it in the nuts... but that's me.

If you have the funds to save it go for it, if not part that puppy out, someone else may benifit from the parts

It's all rusty. The floors have pe pached at one time, and it has body damage from the front of the pass for to right behind the rear weel well

If it's as rusty as you say it is, then that pretty much answers your question.
No matter what you decide to do, you won't please everyone.
Do what you want.
One question to ask yourself is, if you stripped the car down to a bare shell and acid dipped the body, how much would be left after it's pulled out?
Rust is usually at least twice as bad as it appears on the outside of a car.
I would say part it.

If it was in CT someone would save it. It's a little high money wise IMO for the whole deal. If I was local I'd be looking to pay around $1K at most and would offer below that. You won't get as much whole (in as far as this might be considered "whole") as for parts. But there's no labor in selling it whole.

It's all rusty. The floors have pe pached at one time, and it has body damage from the front of the pass for to right behind the rear weel well

if its that rusty and from the salt belt I'd junk that real quick; if you didn't buy it yet dont

really you do need to add more information and pictures for a fair assessment. I dont think your ask is the least bit out of line as a complete car or a car to part for someone in need of parts.

bucket seat cores pr 4-500
console 1-200
brackets - 100
fenders if good 4-500 ea
hood - 150-250
header w/ grilles and bezels (condition?) 3-600
rear window trim 350-500

a lot more parts from there, column, wheels tires, dash etc etc... I would probably kick it in the nuts... but that's me.

No window trim is viewable for the rear. No front picture so who knows about the grilles and bezels.

I can't vote on this just based off the six pictures I have seen so I am going to abstain from voting.

Based only off the six pictures only, I have seen much worse restored.

No window trim is viewable for the rear. No front picture so who knows about the grilles and bezels.

I can't vote on this just based off the six pictures I have seen so I am going to abstain from voting.

Based only off the six pictures only, I have seen much worse restored.

Just sent a few more pictures to your email

Here are 10 of the pictures and yes it is a rust bucket that would be better off as a parts car. Every panel is bad and the grilles are 1967 instead of 1968.

Attachments

• bc15.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 628
  • bc11.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 622
  • bc9.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 610
  • bc8.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 616
  • bc6.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 643
  • bc5.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 643
  • bc4.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 621
  • bc3.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 619
  • bc2.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 635
  • bc.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 626
I hate to see any old muscle die but I say part it out. It's not some super rare wanted combo so it's not worth the money to restore.

I say part it and help out others trying to do a notch Cuda (like myself). These cars are hard enough to find parts for. But don't just scrap it like others have suggested.

Actually I change my mind - part it out.

There's nicer body shells that are sitting around waiting to be used - lile this one at CTC auto ranch in Texas.

1968%20Baracuda%20Body%201.JPG

If your pockets are deep, save it. If you think funding would be more than you would like due to the amount of work that's needed, part it out.

-
Back