Votes: 52 52.5%
  • No part it out

Votes: 39 39.4%
  • Other, please specify

Votes: 8 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
Nothing is worth saving anymore, you'll never get back what you have into it. I'm starting to realize that, and it is because of people on here thinking that if it isn't a hemi car or 6 pack car it is junk, so I am scrapping everything. I just got $330 for a 75 dart 2 door roller from a local scrapyard, which is better than what anyone on here would offer me.

Presented a car similar to this to my body guy a while back. His comment....you like the car? Does this particular car, not one like it but THIS mean something to you? You doing the work? If not, can you afford to pay someone to do it for you? If you answered no to any of the questions then you have answered your own question....
I would use it for target practice. The amount of funds it is going to take, unless you can do it all yourself, is going to be significantly higher than starting with a cleaner ride....even if you do have to ship it...

Nothing is worth saving anymore, you'll never get back what you have into it. I'm starting to realize that, and it is because of people on here thinking that if it isn't a hemi car or 6 pack car it is junk, so I am scrapping everything. I just got $330 for a 75 dart 2 door roller from a local scrapyard, which is better than what anyone on here would offer me.

Lot of folks say they are all "worth saving".....must be nice to have monstrously deep pockets...75 a-body..../6 auto.....what is worth perfectly restored? 25% of what it takes to get it there? Hardly worth it form a dollar stand point.....this is why I can't help but chuckle when I see people freaking out over someone swapping in a LS or a Windsor power plant.....or a 'glide/700/60 or 80 e trans etc into a /6 junker....folks....the car is worthless...what's the difference what it has under the hood? Would much rather see someone "hot rod" a Dart like ours, /63onthetree than let it sit on a field...serving as a rodent inn....

just sell it and let it live. im sure somebody would buy it. dont let it become a hyundai!

Love the color combo, but sadly, I voted to part it. Unless you have the coin, time, and ambition, to turn it into a high dollar clone.....? After all, it's a battered, rusty, /6 car with parts missing. It's just not a good investment in my opinion.

Lot of folks say they are all "worth saving".....must be nice to have monstrously deep pockets...75 a-body..../6 auto.....what is worth perfectly restored? 25% of what it takes to get it there? Hardly worth it form a dollar stand point.....this is why I can't help but chuckle when I see people freaking out over someone swapping in a LS or a Windsor power plant.....or a 'glide/700/60 or 80 e trans etc into a /6 junker....folks....the car is worthless...what's the difference what it has under the hood? Would much rather see someone "hot rod" a Dart like ours, /63onthetree than let it sit on a field...serving as a rodent inn....

This is good info. I just started looking for an A-body project and the more decent bodies e.g. early 70s dusters 6cyl Auto for a candidate for a V8 swap are running in the the $2K-3K range. I just started adding up costs with me doing a majority of the work and it looks like I need to rethink what I am looking for. It seems like the V8 cars are getting a premium in much worse condition; either way not sure if it is a sound decision finacially.

This is good info. I just started looking for an A-body project and the more decent bodies e.g. early 70s dusters 6cyl Auto for a candidate for a V8 swap are running in the the $2K-3K range. I just started adding up costs with me doing a majority of the work and it looks like I need to rethink what I am looking for. It seems like the V8 cars are getting a premium in much worse condition; either way not sure if it is a sound decision finacially.

You're much better off saving up more, then scooping up someone's nearly done project. Plenty of those around these days...

Always up to the person looking at it. I'd say give it a shot as a whole, part it out if not. Or scrap it if you don't want to do the work.

Seriously, completely up to you and the person standing there with cash in hand interested in it (or parts of it).

Looks like 40 potential customers at this point, if you decide to let it go.:D

And I bet not a one of those 40 that say save it would actually buy the car from him to actually save it. It is easy to tell someone else to save it and dump a pile of money in. To get one of themto actually back their save it thought is all together different.

Presented a car similar to this to my body guy a while back. His comment....you like the car? Does this particular car, not one like it but THIS mean something to you? You doing the work? If not, can you afford to pay someone to do it for you? If you answered no to any of the questions then you have answered your own question....
I would use it for target practice. The amount of funds it is going to take, unless you can do it all yourself, is going to be significantly higher than starting with a cleaner ride....even if you do have to ship it...

this is the answer to everyone!

If you part it out I MAY be interested in the front seats

Sounds like the guy that Pm'ed me sayin his dad "might" be interested in my 383. Might, may, maybe don't mean squat, except, I MIGHT be interested if you're gonna give it away.

Wise words. Also part of the reason I sold my Mopars. It's funny. I tried for 10 years to get a Mopar going. All I did was dig our hole deeper. Now I am probably two months away from having my little Ford project driving. Some attitudes right here on this very forum helped me make up my mind.

-
Back