Is QC3 enough?

-

Stepper

Reaction score
I recently bought the Devilbiss QC3 desiccant dryer/filer and am in the final stages of setting up my air system. But there are so many variations online regarding how to set up your system.

What I'm curious about is do I still need an additional filter or dryer of some type in the system? Or is the QC3 enough? My system will be simple to start. I'd like to just do one drop containing any and all filters/dryers needed.

So, my plan was to run the line from the air compressor for about 50 feet to allow for cooling. Then I would have my supply drop containing the QC3 (and any other one i may need) which will ultimately feed my hose reel.

After the supply drop, the hard lines will continue to one final system drop for a drain. But as you can see, I'd like to keep the system simple and have only one drop.

I plan on painting my car myself and will run all of the necessary autobody tools.

I'm just confused if I need another dryer or filer along with the QC3.

Thanks for any input.

Mike

I haven't finished it yet but I am in a similar boat as you. My plan was a little different but not much. I plan on putting the QC3 at the end of the run with a series of 1" copper lines running vertical, where the top of the "sets" of pipes are tied together, and the "sets" are tied together at the bottom. Basically the air has to snake up and down the pipe to get thru to the other end. At the bottom of each set is a 1' drop with a ball valve on it so that I can drain the water out in several locations. I also plan on having two outlets, one with a cheap filter and regulator for regular air tools, and another with the QC3 that is strictly for painting. Total length of pipe is 60' of 1" and another 15' of 3/4" after the 1" grid to the drop. The 1" will be spaced off of the back wall of the garage which is a concrete wall that is buried on the outside so it always stays cooler than the rest of the garage.

In my head it all works based on what I have read on other forums, but I have yet to actually apply it in the real world.

I am not sure what the rule is on posting links to other forums so if you want to know where I got the info I did pm me and I will tell you where.

Jason

I think that there will be no need to purchase the dryer along with the QC3. Devilbiss QC3 only will be enough for the system.

-
Back