Is the Hemi engine worth more than the car ?

-
Yes

The early Hemi's don't have the value the later ones do but they are still popular

The car, not popular

Back in the day they would buy Hemi cars on car lot, pull the engine and junk the bodies, so even when they were plentiful the engines were worth more than the car

I would love to have one. Back in 1974 I passed on an early Hemi with 3 speed trans with OD for $100 what a dumb a**

Buddy of mine has a 354 that he got out of a junk yard along with 11 other Hemi's for $25 a piece it is the only one he has left.

yes the DeSoto hemi is a little smaller than the chrysler hemi. i had a 54 new yorker deluxe. it was a 331 ci 4 bbl. WCFB carb. the distributor was a duel point. i put points in it once. did it the hard way. latter i found to take the dist out on the duel point type. 2 speed power flight trans. i think the DeSoto will have the same trans. i had 1965 300 L 413. duel point dist. i got it down to 15 min. AND got the dwell angle at 42 degrees. every time.

I like the early hemi engines just because they are so different. You had the Desoto Fire Dome, the Dodge Red Ram, and the Chrysler Fire Power. A buddy of mine has a built dual quad forged internals Fire Power swapped into a 48 Plymouth Coupe with a mini tub. That car peels like you wouldn't believe!

-
Back