Is the market going up?

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
Seeing lots of pricey cars lately. This one is local.

http://nanaimo.en.craigslist.ca/cto/3481679179.html

1967 Dart GT Convertible - $27000

"Lots of restoration done to this sweet ride. New rebuilt 318 with 360 heads, edelbrock intake and 4 bbl carb, new cooling system, starter, alternator, ignition, battery, Master cyl, front disc brakes, bearings, new rear brakes, parking brake cables, tires, rebuilt trans, new top, well liner, new quarter panels, paint and body, work, bumpers, new lights, tail light assemblies the list goes on and on. I get lots of thumbs up on this car. It is one excellent driver that sounds awesome must be seen and heard. I have more into this car than asking price. Will consider trades for another toy, RV, but cash is king also if you can not buy this car in person do not waste my time, I do not ship no scammers."

3G23Kc3Fb5G65K45Mcccf08758ef06e9c143b.jpg

3Fe3Ja3N65N15I55P5ccf922e8621847e1ae9.jpg

3Ka3Fe3N15N95Ic5Jeccf685a93e948c1147b.jpg

I don't believe the market is going up , some people just are still stuck in the Barrett/Jackson days that almost ruined our hobby,remember when people were into mopars because they liked them !

I don't believe the market is going up , some people just are still stuck in the Barrett/Jackson days that almost ruined our hobby,remember when people were into mopars because they liked them !

Absolutely no disrespect intended here, but that is an interesting comment from someone who goes by the name of "Flipper."

The market isn't going up as much as the US dollar is going down, but I'm not sure about the Canadian dollar.

Just like the creased/dented rust free duster fenders from Oregon for $800 which have been on ebay for for 1.5 years.

Nope, The market isnt going. But the amount of greedy people seems to be.

No, the market hasn't moved. Personally I think it leveled off, but hasn't fully corrected itself yet...
For $27K I'd want either the #s matching engine, perfectly restored (and i wouldn't pay $20K for a 273 2bbl car) or a decent valuable engine like a 383 or 273 Hi-Po. Things like a complete interior and exhaust tips would also help...

I'm sure its a really nice car but he is overshooting the market. Some folks seem to forget that most of us will never get anything close to what we have into our cars. That's just straight cash, not considering sweat equity. We probably will not see the high dollars of the early 2000's anytime in the near future. That being said, one has to remember, there truly is a sucker born every minute.

Makes sense bad accident . I thought the name meant you were a flipper as well. Kind like going to Israel with a swastika on your back !! lol

Market is the same. There's just always idiots out there that get greedy and try to drive the market up. I'd be perfectly glad if the entire market crashed down and our cars were worth next to nothing. I'm in the hobby because I love old cars, not because I'm trying to make money. Problem is that people drive the market up, so we have to sell our cars/parts for a ton of money just to be able to afford the next project.

All good thanks anyway Adam,I can see why anyone would be confused.

I kinda wish it would crash too! I used too have more fun with these when I was a kid. Crash wont happen too much of a business nowadays. As soon as the suits and the politics get involved it's over and that my friends is what has happened!

Money? 10 years away. Owning a Mopar that smokes anything, especially the kids in a 5.0 stang, and the riceburners- priceless.

It is so funny, all my life- chevs, fords, pontiacs; never lost my a body 340. It kicks azz. And people that lose to them, hate them. Wonder why? From stock, they won( bore x stroke, etc) Ma mopar used to have it together, but slid out to other direction.

I'm 62, but my sb abody is my toy, to show youngsters, what it is, lol.
and my buddies 69 Charger, restored, will scare the younger. It scares us when it hits 120 mph so fast. (oh, crap, where is that seatbelt.lol).

It's now expensive hobbie, always was. But driving one--horns honking, cameras, thumbs up. That is the older crowd.

Kids go nuts, also, lot of those cars in their video games.

In the charger, on the street, I'm in pass seat, window rolled down, to get the cable into the hand-held computer adjuster. People talking- great, used to have one, etc. I just keep adjusting the a/f; timing; etc. Owner loves it.

-
Back