Is There Any Way to Find Out Exactly How Many of These Were Made?

-

LogzOnLogz

Reaction score
Hey all, new to the forums (and to learning about the ins and outs of A-bodies in general), so this may be a dumb question, but maybe someone can help me out:

My father just picked up a '74 Gold Duster, and I just got done deciphering the fender tag. It's got an A64 Gold Duster code (which, to my knowledge, most of them are, y'know, gold), but also has an FE5 code for Ralleye Red. How common is this, exactly? I found one or two with factory FE5 on the Internet, but that's about it. It has a G75 dual painted mirrors code as well, which to my understanding is also decently uncommon.

Therefore, how would I be able to tell how many of these red Gold Dusters actually exist? Thought about reaching out to Galen Govier to see if he could figure anything out, but I'm not gonna pay yet if there's an option that I missed.

This car has peaked my curiosity and I would love to know more about it.

Thanks!

Tha Gold Duster package was just that. A package. It did not mean the car was gold in color. I had a green one years ago.

Thank you! Still would like some production numbers on it eventually, just for the hell of it, but I appreciate it!
Then follow the link in post #2. It should have that information. I don't know how far it filters the production numbers out. You'll have to see for yourself.

Hey all, new to the forums (and to learning about the ins and outs of A-bodies in general), so this may be a dumb question, but maybe someone can help me out:

My father just picked up a '74 Gold Duster, and I just got done deciphering the fender tag. It's got an A64 Gold Duster code (which, to my knowledge, most of them are, y'know, gold), but also has an FE5 code for Ralleye Red. How common is this, exactly? I found one or two with factory FE5 on the Internet, but that's about it. It has a G75 dual painted mirrors code as well, which to my understanding is also decently uncommon.

Therefore, how would I be able to tell how many of these red Gold Dusters actually exist? Thought about reaching out to Galen Govier to see if he could figure anything out, but I'm not gonna pay yet if there's an option that I missed.

This car has peaked my curiosity and I would love to know more about it.

Thanks!
What motor is in your duster

There should be a sales report that shows the percentage of models by color.

That's all you're gonna get. No breakdown of engines or other options when dealing with color.

Not sure if it will be percentage of Dusters, or percentage of Gold Dusters either, unless it's a VIN difference.

Rallye red with painted mirrors is pretty cool.

-
Back