Is this a fair deal?

-
I think everyone agrees that Doug's and TTI's are about the best fitting headers for a small block A body. I am buying headers soon and have decided to go with the TTI's. You should be fine with either.

I'd be careful purchasing anything from KMJ Performance out of Iowa. They have a F rating with the BBB.

I would pay the $25 more and buy them from Summit. If you would have bought them two weeks ago, you could have saved an additional 10%.

They have an "F" rating!!!!!!!!

F is for F them..... NEXT VENDOR!!!!!

someone (maybe crackedback) had posted a link here a while back to these headers that were the cheapest i have seen. may want to contact him about it..

free shipping if your a prime member..:)

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Dougs-Headers-D453-4-Tube-Exhaust/dp/B000SSE8HU"]Doug's Headers D453 1-5/8" 4-Tube Full Length Exhaust Header for Mopar A Body Small Block Mopar 67-72 : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

I want to thank everyone for their thoughts on this. I really appericate it. I saw that the TTI's were almost $800.00 bucks and then I found that link, I just want to get a good product for that kind of money. This is why I will soon be a Gold member.....because if all the great members!!!!! Thanks Gary

Sooo.... how much does coating really do?
$150 extra is a lot.

It seems the TTI's are more popular than the Doug's, I think the TTI's flow a little better?(i'm not sure on the difference) I am in the middle of installing a set of Doug's as we speak.(they came with no instructions... I believe the TTI's come with detailed install instructions)

As far as ceramic vs uncoated... I will never buy uncoated again. On my Camaro I had uncoated Hooker Super Comps... wrapped them in about 85$ worth of fiber-glass header wrap, which eventually I tore off as it was a pain to work around and was falling off in big chunks... painted them with about 35$ worth of VHT header paint(burnt off in no-time)... after replacing MSD wires(burnt) 2 or 3 times I finally bought coated Hooker Super Comps... should of done that in the first place. Look great, underhood temp is a little lower, no burnt wires. :cheers:

-
Back