IS THIS A LEGIT WEBSITE??

-

73SwungOut

Reaction score
Wuts up everyone. Looking for a bit of help if possible. Sry if im in the wrong Forum but...I'm about to order these pistons from some place called Shop Eddies.. Has anyone ordered anything from this site? I attached a photo if it helps. Thanx in advance my peeps..

Screenshot_20230310_122224_Chrome.jpg

Never heard of um but a quick online search reveals they have several BBB complaints and several Facebook complaints.

Would it be a bad idea to buy pistons from Amazon? Found the kb167 for about $60 cheaper?

Would it be a bad idea to buy pistons from Amazon? Found the kb167 for about $60 cheaper?
Buy them from a reputable company like Summit. Pay the extra and have someone honest to contact if something is wrong. The scammers are just looking for fellas like yourself looking for a bargain.

Remember - Summit price matches.
Even for the $70 some odd dollars more, I'd trust summit more.
Looking at the OPs website, and then looking up their address shows me a massive warehouse in FL.
Looks like that warehouse is a drop-ship or mail order deal for dozens of sites. So it's probably legit, but what will they do for you if there's an issue? Shipping problem, wrong part, cosmetic blemishes, etc? I know what Summit would do...

On a different note, Why KB hyperutectics? They're okay if you run big ring gaps, treat them nice, don't let it detonate & never look at NOS..

But there are better pistons for not much more $$$..

Thanx everyone. I saw it at summit but just ran into that page for cheaper and thought about it. But thanx for letting me know for future reference. The shop hooked it up for me dude ordered it through his account and got the set for me for $300.. Can't wait to see her all cleaned up.. Thanx to all of you she's getting done finally..

On a different note, Why KB hyperutectics? They're okay if you run big ring gaps, treat them nice, don't let it detonate & never look at NOS..

But there are better pistons for not much more $$$..
Yo yo whats up WildRt. I just dropped my block and heads at the shop to get bored honed and what ever else they do lol. I'm all new to this so I needed some pistons for what the shop called for and didn't know anything so I hollered in here and the KBs were mentioned the most so I just tagged along and secretly swiped the mastercard....And that's how I came along these KB167s

Make sure to chose "free shipping by Amazon" on the left side and you will get all the truly legit sellers.

I wouldn’t hesitate to buy parts from Amazon as long as it’s a reputable seller. Never trust a website you don’t recognize just to save money, it’ll usually end up costing you more in the end.

I've taken some chances with my Citibank credit card and they've always come through anytime anything fishy has happened.

I've taken some chances with my Citibank credit card and they've always come through anytime anything fishy has happened.

Chase lost a 20+ year customer today.

Ship 800 dollars worth of stuff and it's my fault I didn't get it. Speedmaster can suck my balls as well, "we usually ship stuff that expensive requiring a signature..." except to me. Fuckers. Damn porch pirates.

**** them both and the protection the card company may offer has a ton of exclusions in many cases.... guess what one of them is with Chase - auto parts and accessories.

I wouldn't be concerned with amazon as long as it's a prime deal or have summit match it as well. Lots of options.

Ship 800 dollars worth of stuff and it's my fault I didn't get it. Speedmaster can suck my balls as well, "we usually ship stuff that expensive requiring a signature..." except to me. Fuckers. Damn porch pirates.

**** them both and the protection the card company may offer has a ton of exclusions in many cases.... guess what one of them is with Chase - auto parts and accessories.

I wouldn't be concerned with amazon as long as it's a prime deal or have summit match it as well. Lots of options.

Sorry to hear that. What a bunch of BS. Especially that exclusion. I'd be going after Speedmaster hard on that one.

That’s fucked up, I’d take it to Speedmaster. They required a signature when I got my shipment, made my wife show Id. What was their excuse for not having a signature confirmation?

I bought some stuff from Amazon last night but always try to buy sold and shipped by Amazon.

The trouble with Amazon is that if they have several resellers shipping and selling what they pinky-swear are the same item using the Fulfilled by Amazon service, Amazon will take their word that the items are all the same and group them together without paying attention to what seller sent them what. It's an open invitation to a contaminated supply chain. If the possibility that I might be getting a counterfeit part bothers me, I don't order it on Amazon.

-
Back