Is this a "winged" deck lid?

-

Dusterdude72

IN MOPAR MUSCLE MAGAZINE
Reaction score
Hey guys.....I have a question......my 72 dusters deck lid has what APPEARS to be factory cut out locations for a spoiler.......yet there are no holes in the top skin of the trunk where mounting bolts would pass through.....just on the underside of the deck lid.

Is this a trunk lid for a spoiler that never got a spoiler? or am I missing something and something else went in these locations?

any info on it would be appreciated!

IMG_20110608_164126.jpg

IMG_20110608_164137.jpg

Does not look like factory cut out
I will post pic of mine in the AM of factory cut out

hmmmm. wonder what it could be then.....those holes were not cut by someone.....they are factory holes.

It looks like factory to me....
I've seen lots of these.
The spoiler was an option, the factory underside was cut out (stamped) to prepare for the option if it was ordered on these years.
Yours was not, so the holes weren't drilled, that's all.

That sounds about right then.

That's what I was assuming anyhow....just was not 100% certain

anyone have pictures of the underside of the deck lid with a spoiler mounted so I can get a better look....Ill b e getting a go wing eventually....I just was not sure if my deck lids cutouts were in the right location because a local buddy of mine who has a demon was telling me the spoilers mounted in a different spot than where my cut outs are?

I will post pic in the AM of my 71 demon flat deck lid with factory cut outs

My 71 Demon had the cut outs and no spoiler. It was 100 % factory.

Those are just the factory cutouts that came on the car. They look just like my 71 duster lid.

Thanks everyone for chiming in and posting pictures.....it confirms my suspicions.

NOW....I just need to save some money to actually get a go wing like I have been wanting to do.

-
Back