Is this the right price?

-

GermzD74

Cool Member
Reaction score
Hello, there is a guy who is selling an aluminum 833 4sp OD tranny for 450

"aluminum hsg. comes with 6 cyl. bell hsg.& flywheel.trans will work with any engine combo.short shaft is correct a body trans.comes w/ shifter"

I called the guy and he said the gears are all good condition, overall the tranny works and is ready to go...what about the price? is that a good price?

He said the shifter handle isnt the correct for the darts...i wont be using the 6cyl. bell housing nor flywheel i guess...planing on putting in a 360...what should be the right price for this? or is that good enough? good buy? :scratch:

fQ4HLeBOApU3Q2vxS7B4TR9gvLzc.jpg

In my opinion, it's a little high priced for you if you're not going to use the other stuff, just the tranny.... BTW, you need a bellhousing for a V-8 O/D trans to fit your engine, and if the shifter etc. won't fit your car........It might be a big headache! The shift handle looks scary and won't work without severe bending!

Hi guys! Im gonna need some more feedback, i need to call the guy and let him know whats going to happen...and well...i dont wanna ruch any buy...BTW...what trannys are known to be best? Alum. or steel? OD or non OD...and about the price...what price should i ask for if its only the tranny i will be needing and not the 6cyl bell housing ans flywheel.

Thanks!

O and..where would I be able to buy a bell housing for a small block 360? and correct flywheel?

There are different models of the 833 4spd trans. Some are OD trans, some have different sized tailshafts and different shifter mounting locations to fit various body styles. If trans has been resealed and all gears and hardware are in excellant operating condition, then trans could be worth this price. From what I've seen, it appears to be on the high side. You should make sure that this is the proper trans for your application. Below is a link telling all you need to know about the 833 transmission an applications. You should read it thoroughly and then you'll know exactly what to look for. Mike

http://www.slantsix.org/articles/4-speeds/ODA833fourspeed1.htm

-
Back