Island Members

-

69signetv8

Reaction score
Show your wheels, chat, have a :coffee2: .

Excellent place "every" Friday evening 5PM - 10PM. This is a free "open" Show & Shine that just seemed to stick and has as many as 200+ cars. After a few hours of chat and show, then Cruise your wheels to the Victoria waterfront.
I wish to see more MOPARs and hope that any members from out of town visiting Victoria drop in so we can have a get together.

LINK and MENUs

http://www.francellis.ca/default.htm

That's a good cruise. I've seen a wicked Hemi-powered Duster there many times that just makes me weak in the knees.

DemonDave said:
That's a good cruise. I've seen a wicked Hemi-powered Duster there many times that just makes me weak in the knees.

Where abouts you from there Dave??
:wav:
Those all your cars?
Geeeeeee golly batman.. those are some purdy cars!

I'm up by the airport in Saanichton and yes, those all were my cars back when I lived in Ontario... sadly, I'm currently between A-bodies. :(

Lookin' forward to next cruzin' year!!!

69signetv8 said:
Show your wheels, chat, have a :coffee2: .

Excellent place "every" Friday evening 5PM - 10PM. This is a free "open" Show & Shine that just seemed to stick and has as many as 200+ cars. After a few hours of chat and show, then Cruise your wheels to the Victoria waterfront.
I wish to see more MOPARs and hope that any members from out of town visiting Victoria drop in so we can have a get together.

LINK and MENUs

http://www.francellis.ca/default.htm

hay do you guys get together there all year round or is it only a spring summer fall thing. i grew up in victoria and my car is being stored at my parent place in sidney it would be cool to meet you guys/gals and do some bench racing and shoot the sh** the next time that i'm down from the north island.

I'm travelling to Victoria Feb.20-25. I'm going to be driving to Nanaimo to see some friends, probably on Wed. or Thu. I remember seeing a Duster up on a pole along that highway, is that a wrecking yard? Speaking of cars on poles, there's a place called the Coombs or something like that, do you know it? I remember seeing a white Dodge A100 van on a pole too!

Should I try to stop at this Duster place?

haha, ya the ORANGE duster is a wrecking yard, but he will tell you the same as he tells everyone.. he has no moparts... meanwhile, you go behind his place to another field. and theres a couple.. so hes a lier, or he actually doesnt own them.. but dont let that detur you.. id stop.. i ALWAYS STOP.

jim and i found a gold mine yesterday.. soo.. i stopped.. haha

and coombs yes thats be side parksville.. coombs market is a big thing in the sumer and there are tons of hot chick that show up for some reason

actually just down the way from coombs is where i found a 66 b'cuda sitting in knee high grass rotting away.. v8 car.. makes me sad i dont get to go there that often orelse i would own that gem.

as for that A100.. the yards up there last i heard had nothing and i call them once and a while..

65s said:
I'm travelling to Victoria Feb.20-25. I'm going to be driving to Nanaimo to see some friends, probably on Wed. or Thu. I remember seeing a Duster up on a pole along that highway, is that a wrecking yard? Speaking of cars on poles, there's a place called the Coombs or something like that, do you know it? I remember seeing a white Dodge A100 van on a pole too!

Hey Neil, you and I should hook up and tell old CAM stories. Gil sent me the pics that he took at that wrecking yard in New York you guys went to a couple of weeks ago... times like that I wish I still lived in Ottawa.

Mopar yards are hard to come by these days, as was mentioned above, besides that Duster on the stick, there's nothing in the yard. There was an amazing yard at Horne Lake (near Qualicum Beach) loaded with Mo but he shut down a year or so ago and everything went to the crusher. Very sad. I took Gil there when he visited me for my wedding in 2004 as he just about soiled himself in there (lots of c-body treasures).

Dave

Gil sent you the photos? It's all supposed to be TOP SECRET! I don't even have the photos yet! I'm going to post them on the CAM site with just a "Here's some photos" comment. Some guys around here will want to know where the place is soooooo bad!

My wife is working in Victoria that week, I'll be free every day from 9-5. I have friends to visit and cousin and uncle, but otherwise I'm looking for stuff to do I guess. I'm going to stop and take a photo of the Duster on a stick, but I guess I won't go in...who knows, maybe you're all lying though and I SHOULD go in? Maybe it's a goldmine and you're hogging it to yourselves!

65s said:
Gil sent you the photos? It's all supposed to be TOP SECRET! I don't even have the photos yet!

Well, he didn't tell me where it was and since I'm 4000+ kilometers away knowing the location would be of no use to me. I'd really like to find out where that Mopar wrecking yard in Alberta is where all of the "cars in barns" pics from the MapleLeafMopar website were taken!

65s said:
I'm going to stop and take a photo of the Duster on a stick, but I guess I won't go in...who knows, maybe you're all lying though and I SHOULD go in? Maybe it's a goldmine and you're hogging it to yourselves!

If it's a goldmine, I don't know about it. When I went inside to inquire (Gil was with me, he'll vouch), I was told the only Mopars were in Horne Lake so we went there. Still, I'd be interested in knowing if the impaled Duster is a real TorRed 340 car and if they'd notice if I rented a helicopter and stole it off of the pole in the middle of the night. ;)

I heard the owner has been offered a fair whack'o'dough for the "Dust(r)Sicle". I believe the yard changed hands within the past year or 2, so the new guy might be in a selling mood. As for Mopes,i've been in there for other(read off-brand) parts and havent noticed any Hemi-Cuda 'verts just hanging around. Never hurts to stop if you're in the area,though.

""My wife is working in Victoria that week, I'll be free every day from 9-5.""

Those are pretty much my working hours too, but if you're free outside of that time, we could maybe get together for a "Timmy's"...or sumpin stronger!

65Val said:
So, judging by your nick ,"custom100", can I assume that you do indeed own a Valiant Custom 100?

yes i do own a custom 100 2dr hrdtop/273, it was on the road up intill about 3 years ago. its burgandy with a black roof, it was my daily driver when i was living in victoria

demondave is horn lake still around and how are the pickens there? as for the wrecker in alberta i think i may have let the cat out of the bag on that one on a different post. but i guess there could be mor than one wrecker that deals with mopar stuff in alberta

custom100 said:
demondave is horn lake still around and how are the pickens there? as for the wrecker in alberta i think i may have let the cat out of the bag on that one on a different post. but i guess there could be mor than one wrecker that deals with mopar stuff in alberta

No, Horne Lake shut down last year and crushed everything. It's a real shame as there were some neat cars in there.

65s said:

Bring your "rain coat" :lol: :lol:

I was really bummed when they cleared everything out at Horne Lake, I have a few trinkets hanging on the shop wall from there, that place was great to just wonder around. We have a cabin not far from there, near Coombes actually, it's a cool area. There's a great little car show in Coombes on the Sat before the big Parksville show Aug long weekend, any of you guys go to either of those shows?

Rob said:
I was really bummed when they cleared everything out at Horne Lake, I have a few trinkets hanging on the shop wall from there, that place was great to just wonder around. We have a cabin not far from there, near Coombes actually, it's a cool area. There's a great little car show in Coombes on the Sat before the big Parksville show Aug long weekend, any of you guys go to either of those shows?

Not yet Rob, however I've been told Parksville is excellent, also Port Alberni has one of the largest on the island...three days: The car show itself (open to all) The day drive-by and then open drags at some airport around there.

every year.. actually last year i was looking around instead of infront of me and almost drove into a hemi cuda.. dum dee dum dummm.. i left 3 feet of black lines missing his bumper im sure by maybe a foot to a foot and a half.. my GF can vouche for me actually so could the bruise on my are, but that has dissapeared

The Parksville show is really big, 700 or a 1000 cars depending on who you listen too. The Coombes one is much smaller but a really good little show, maybe 250 cars? If you guys are up there you should swing by for a beer :toothy7:

Rob said:

I've been up to the Parksville show twice and was certainly impressed by both the cars and the scenery. Beautiful area. The only thing that ruined it for me the last year I went was seeing Dennis Gage wandering around. J/K. It was his mustache that ruined it. :D Qualicum Beach has a nice show on the streets of downtown as well that's worth seeing. Sort of a mini-Langley show. Also, if you're out my way, the Sidney show is fun and again, they shut down the downtown streets for the show cars. Speaking of downtown, are they planning the Inner Harbour show for 2007?

PS: I try to hit the Mopar show at Beaver Lake (Vic) every year though although I missed it in 2006 as I was working in Vancouver at the time. Driving by, it looks like they're going to have to move a pretty big tree that's lying in the show field for this year's show.

DemonDave said:
I've been up to the Parksville show twice and was certainly impressed by both the cars and the scenery. Beautiful area. The only thing that ruined it for me the last year I went was seeing Dennis Gage wandering around. J/K. It was his mustache that ruined it. :D Qualicum Beach has a nice show on the streets of downtown as well that's worth seeing. Sort of a mini-Langley show. Also, if you're out my way, the Sidney show is fun and again, they shut down the downtown streets for the show cars. Speaking of downtown, are they planning the Inner Harbour show for 2007?

PS: I try to hit the Mopar show at Beaver Lake (Vic) every year though although I missed it in 2006 as I was working in Vancouver at the time. Driving by, it looks like they're going to have to move a pretty big tree that's lying in the show field for this year's show.

Sidney show, by torquemasters :headbang: :headbang: Makes for a good day, been in it a few times.

I've been to the Sidney show, very good show. I really like the ones where they shut down the streets, makes it very efficient seeing the cars, the PArksville one on the beach is kind of a funny shape so it's hard to pick a decent route to wonder through. We're going to check out the Qualicum one this year, heard it was great too. I assume you mean the Deuces Northwest show in the inner harbour, I can't remember if it's this year or not? I think the last one was 2004 so it probably is this year.

-
Back