ITs a MoPaR

-

71dodge

ADDICTED.
Reaction score
ok well just got this off of my dad yep 87 ramcharger 4x4 318 sb real clean im gonna lift it and paint and work on the motor a bit sorry for the pics it was dark out so far i have blacked out the middles in the grille and the head light bezels it looks better for now ill get pics tomarrow 100_1519.jpg

100_1522.jpg

100_1519.jpg

100_1522.jpg

it has a large dent by the gas cap and the driver side door had a big dent thats it and ill fix that when its time to paint

AND this is the PLANN! it will be 6iches in the air (MAYBE a 3in body lift not sure on that yet) it will be silver and blue will have 36 inch buckshots with aluminum rims the interior is nice so im gonna put mossy oak seat covers over it hop up the 318 intake carb MAYBE a cam? and to finish it off a BIG sign on the back window that says MOPAR thats the plan for this truck and it WILL NOT BE CHANGE.

Nice looking Ramcharger. Good job there dude.
Just me but I wouldn't touch it. Looks good like it is.

ya i know ill see what i can do id like to paint it first

DON"T mess with it.... leave it how it is and drive it until you have EVERYTHING to do a swap. DRIVE IT FIRST

What about a gear change? That thing would be such a turd with 36's and stock gearing.
But after you burn up the tranny, you'll know.

i know i was planning on swaping gears but idk what im gonna do with it? i might just leave ti stock

What about a gear change? That thing would be such a turd with 36's and stock gearing.
But after you burn up the tranny, you'll know.

Yup. A lift is about more than just throwing the blocks between the axles and the springs. Get over to RamchargerCentral.com and start searching around for tech. It's a nice looking truck, by the way.

i am already looking on ramchargercentral.com lol and thanks

I agree drive it for a while first. I got 2 84 Ramchargers this last year. One for parts and one to build. Decided to drive my good one for now. After about 8" of snow and Ice and some off road adventures. I think Im gonna leave it alone. New paint, carpet, seals. and drive it till the wheels fall off BTW 32X11.50R15 will fit and they havent rubbed yet.

BTW 32X11.50R15 will fit and they havent rubbed yet.

I ran this size on mine for about 50,000 miles and they never rubbed. As a matter of fact I had a chance to test fit a set of 33's on mine. Close, but looked do-able. Went back to the factory 31X10.5 because I liked the speedo being correct...

You will get a lot of good info from ramchargercentral. Between FABO and ramchargercentral i think one could write a Mopar bible.

Looks like a nice solid Ramcharger! Congratulations!
Are you going to keep the blue in the same areas as it has now and change the white to silver?

we have a '90 Ramcharger in the clan. Its recently been painted and has 31X10.5 tires on it. It has the 360 in it. the thing only has 100K miles on it but its a totally gutless wagon. Before we got it the idiot before put way too big *** of tires on it and wore out the steering gear box. (Which is a common thing on these) I am searching the yards for a decent gearbox. The steering rag joint is also a pain on these just like the trucks of that era. You go bigger tires you wont be able to pull yourself out of your own tracks without going better drivetrain components. We also had a a 89 in the family a while back and same problems with it. Mainly a gutless pile.

-RPM

we have a '90 Ramcharger in the clan. Its recently been painted and has 31X10.5 tires on it. It has the 360 in it. the thing only has 100K miles on it but its a totally gutless wagon. Before we got it the idiot before put way too big *** of tires on it and wore out the steering gear box. (Which is a common thing on these) I am searching the yards for a decent gearbox. The steering rag joint is also a pain on these just like the trucks of that era. You go bigger tires you wont be able to pull yourself out of your own tracks without going better drivetrain components. We also had a a 89 in the family a while back and same problems with it. Mainly a gutless pile.

-RPM

Mine may not look like much, but 173,000 miles, 318 TBI, 4 speed riding on the OE clutch, factory 31X10.5 (the only option besides A/C) not much of a pile considering all the hauling, towing, cross country trips it's been through. Like I said: it may not look like much, but I'd have no problems putting the key in the ignition and driving cross country at a moment's notice. As a matter of fact I'd say it's been the most dependable vehicle I've ever owned. All the work I put her through and she just keeps coming back for more. It would be a cold day in hell before I let my old Bus go...

Mine may not look like much, but 173,000 miles, 318 TBI, 4 speed riding on the OE clutch, factory 31X10.5 (the only option besides A/C) not much of a pile considering all the hauling, towing, cross country trips it's been through. Like I said: it may not look like much, but I'd have no problems putting the key in the ignition and driving cross country at a moment's notice. As a matter of fact I'd say it's been the most dependable vehicle I've ever owned. All the work I put her through and she just keeps coming back for more. It would be a cold day in hell before I let my old Bus go...
yep thats how our 88 2wd it has 230,000 miles on the original 318 and we have only put dual exahust on it and changed the oil every 300 miles and every SINGLE day it fires right up and runs great drives great and hauls a$$ it is really fast and we have got into alot of road races with it and won belive it or not lots of fun

-
Back