It's "rare" because....the headlights are in wrong?

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
or it's the one 69 RR ever made with a 440?

or the "rare" factory whatever that gauge thing in the dash is?

or "rare" because you are used to Chivvies?

Ya know, I'm sure some of these guys are the nicest guys you'd want to meet, but putting up an ad like this with no information, plus having a "posi" just makes ya wonder..................

http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/3874646958.html

Attachments

• rare1.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 368
  • rare3.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 412
  • ammeter1.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 356
  • lights.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 360
  • ammeter2.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 346
Ok Del, school a young gun. Whats wrong with the headlights?

And oh my god jesus look at the hood alignment!:pukeleft:

NEVERMIND! Just now saw the problem with the headlights! I think I'm sleepy. Why does the front end of this car look like a 68 to me? Is it cause I'm tired?

Not sure if the grilles interchange 'er not. I never knew some of this stuff. I assumed most of the parts from the 67-8-9 Darts interchange, until now that I have a 67, LOL. LOTS of stuff "one year only" on mine.

68:

1968-plymouth-road-runner_600x0w.jpg

1968_Plymouth_Road_Runner_ad6.jpg

1969_Plymouth_Road_Runner_ad7.jpg

68-9 the same but grille, hood inserts, marker light obviously, tail lights, and trunk. air grabber hood aside. if it is a 440, car it would be a 6-pack car.

Hell, LOL, I don't even remember anymore, if my 69 had shoulder harnesses.

or it's the one 69 RR ever made with a 440?
Granted, this has the Air Grabber hood, which means it was probably a 383 car to begin with, but they did make a 440-6 RR in 1969. They didn't make any 440-4 RR in 69.

In 1969 the 383ci engine was the standard powerplant, and the 426 cubic inch Hemi was the only engine option available for the Road Runner until mid year production. The (A12) 440 cubic inch engine option with three Holley 2 barrel carburetors was added to the lineup at mid-year. Several of the cars were ran in Super Stock Eliminator drag race competitions. As denoted on its fiberglass hood, Dodge marketed its three two-barrel setup as the "440 Six Pack" for the 1969 Super Bee. 440 6-bbl Road Runners had no wheel covers or hubcaps, sporting only "H" stamped steel wheels with chrome lug nuts. It featured an organosol black fiberglass lift-off hood with 4 hood pins and a large functional hood scoop with a red sticker on each side saying "440 6BBL". The scoop sealed to the large air breather. All cars had a Dana 60 rear axle with a 4.10 gear ratio. Production of the 440 6-bbl A12 option Road Runner was approximately 1432.

Granted, this has the Air Grabber hood, which means it was probably a 383 car to begin with, but they did make a 440-6 RR in 1969. They didn't make any 440-4 RR in 69.

Uh, yeh......I'm aware. I owned a 70 440-6. I get awful tired of people selling "440 Roadrunners" If it was a -6 they'd SAY so, LOL They didn't make 440-4 cars in 70 either

From your post it sounded like you were saying they didn't make ANY 69 RR's with 440s, period. If I misunderstood, I apologize.

Option in 70-71 or 72

Nope. Option in 69 as well. I owned a 69 383 when it was a year old. Mine most certainly did NOT have a functional air grabber. The hood decorations are there, in fact I made the mistake (in San Diego, and I was young) found some nice black expanded metal and replaced the factory "plugs." ......Until it rained..................

My 440-6 car was a 70

Didn't they make a 69 and a half road runner with the 440-6? I know they had a few convertibles.

Didn't they make a 69 and a half road runner with the 440-6? I know they had a few convertibles.
Yes, they are commonly referred to as A12 cars cause that was the code used to denote them by the factory.

If I am not mistaken the for the 69-1/2 cars they used an aluminum intake from Edelbrock and on 1970 they switched to in-house cast iron units.

while you guys go back and forth on a 383 road chikin.......im checkin out the Beretta.

****runs and ducks****

seriously though...i always thought those Berettas were kinda cool since i first saw them ....when i was younger i had a model kit of one.

and if thats a real deal Indy pace car ....im calling cool on that one

I'm not too sure, LOL, but I don't think I wanna get stopped by a cop while driving a car that says "Indy Pace Car" on the side

yes, first year for air grabber was 69 and it was optional. It had red grilles in the hood instead of the black inserts. Out of the 30 or so we pulled apart back in the day 3 or 4 had them. So I wouldn't say they were rare or common. Probably repop'ed now so....

?? They were an option, I don't get what you are saying. My 69 didn't

In 69 it was just an air grabber only with regular intake. It had a large oval air cleaner similar to the 6-pac that said, "coyote duster". The only alum intake was the 440-6 - Hemi aside.

Yes, they are commonly referred to as A12 cars cause that was the code used to denote them by the factory.

If I am not mistaken the for the 69-1/2 cars they used an aluminum intake from Edelbrock and on 1970 they switched to in-house cast iron units.

the trap door air grabber started in '70. 69 was built in the hood grilles and a cable opened two doors in the under hood assembly to allow fresh air in.

Ok you were talkin about the raised edge of the hood ok I was thinking of the door in the center of the hood

Yes 3 engine options standard 383 and, 440-6 and 426 Hemi only for Road Runner. GTX had standard 440-4 and Hemi.
They offered posts (pop out windows), coupes (roll down windows) and converts (who needs stinking windows!)

-
Back