It's time to start thinking about another project.

Which way would you go

• Detune Demon and build new

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Build nice driver for wife

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 8 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
The time has come to start thinking about another project. I have been thinking about a couple of different roads to go down.
1. Detune the Demon and make it easier to drive and give it to the wife. Then build a real killer street car (Demon) for myself. It would be a stroked smallblock or stroked bigblock.

2. Build a nice driver, (Demon), for the wife and modify the Demon to get it deep into the 11's or maybe high 10's.

Either way, I am thinking that I will make them both look identical from the outside.

Jack

I think Detune the Demon and make it easier to drive and give it to the wife.
You know what the demon is:cheers: and how nice and safe it is.
And since they will look the same she will get hers first:-D

Then you just make up your own mind on the small block or big block.
The new project will most likely be a roll bar car and tubs.
Ether way Jack you will be a winner, But I think the wife first works good.

when you give wife a car you get peace at home,or is that piece at home lol

agree with the others, besides, you can always pull this one. "Honey", can I borrow the Demon tonight please, I love youuu!!!

Good luck

Like Mike says, you know the present Demon well, so that's the one I would give to the wife. Build your new car from scratch and put everything you've learned into it.

Looking forward to seeing the new car Jack!

I,m With Everybody Else..happy Wife..happy Jack!!good Luck With A New Project,and Let Us Know What You Pick.

Hey Jack ... you can always leave the Demon fully tuned and give it to me instead.

Hahahahahahaha

Love ya!

Im with everyone else, keep it for your wife and start your new build from the ground up. Best part is you still have that awesome looking Demon to drive while you build the new one.

maybe do some shopping around to see what you can find first. Maybe you will find a nice rolling body with no drivetrain and build it up. Or if you find one with a /6 or 318 build it for the wife. I'll be looking for the build thread though.

Something I should mention is that I have a 318/904 combo sitting in my garage doing nothing at present. It sure would make the "build a nice driver for the wife" option a lot cheaper. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Jack

I agree with 68 A look around & see what you can find. If you find a nice body that already has tubs, put the 318/904 in your present car for your wife. Then you can use your present engine as a basis to build a new engine with more HP.

maybe do some shopping around to see what you can find first. Maybe you will find a nice rolling body with no drivetrain and build it up. Or if you find one with a /6 or 318 build it for the wife. I'll be looking for the build thread though.

Don't be looking to soon. I think about what I am going to build for about a year before I start. That way you have a good plan and can stick to it.

Jack

if you are set on another demon build a 71 this time around. if you change your mind then go with another body type then paint it to match the demon now. i personally would not want 2 identical cars. maybe the second should be the evil opposite twin:snakeman:. black with red stripes????

As the wife of Rays340, I think you should build her the car you have in the garage. If she enjoy's your hobby with you, get her involved in the project. I worked on my car with Ray and truly enjoyed it. I don't know that he would say that, but I did. I am very independant and I liked learning how to do certain things for myself. I even degreed the cam in my car. (Some of his car buddies haven't done this, so you can understand MY enjoyment).:-D

If your serious about building a car for her, let her help you decide. I am sure you can "help" her down the path you want to take the project.

I realize that this idea might not occur or be favored by some guys. But the car will mean much more to her in the end, because she will get to "build it" with you.

Just a wife's 2 cents.

Not to hijack your thread Jack, but .........

Tams390, welcome to FABO!!! I'm delighted to have you here. Any lady who knows her way around her own car -- and the garage/tool box :-D -- is a woman after my own heart. Way to go!!! And Ray, here's a thumb's up for you too.

Not a problem Leanna, just don't let it happen again. LOL

Tams390,
She does have a lot of input into the car. That is why I would either detune mine and make it more pleasant to drive for her or build a new one for her. She sure doesn't like the power mine has. She does like to watch me build the car but she doesn't really like the turning of wrench's to much.

Jack

Thanks Leanna!

Didn't realize that she was so involved in the process Jack. Good for her and You! I alot of wives aren't, and don't want to be, so I just assumed. Sorry! I guess it all boils down to how attached YOU are to your Demon.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

I am leaning more towards building one for her as mine would need a lot of work to make it nice for her to drive. Plus having the 318/904 just sitting there taking up space doesn't make a lot of sense. The 318 with a 2 barrel would be right up her alley power and gas mileage wise.

Jack

Jack, Jack not you Jack we named the monkey Jack. I love that line off Pirates. Anyway Jack I'd detune your Demon and make it just driveable for the wisses, don't go to far though as I'm sure she'll enjoy wiping the grins off the fart canners. Then I'd get another Demon, paint it exactly the same as your old one and dropped a stroked 400 in her. That way when the locals think it's your wife's car your driving it'll be easy to take 100 sommolies off them and bury them in the process. They won't know what hit them.

Terry

I would say find a solid roller or /6 car and build her one of her own. You've been thru alot to get the Demon to where it is now, might as well continue on to where you want it to be. That way she'll have one that was truly for her from the beginning and you'll still have the car that you started building for yourself.

I see everybody is bringing up points that I have been thinking of. All very valid points. Another fact that I have to keep in mind is that my wife is 63 years old. Funny thing though, she doesn't mind pushing the go pedal in her car. LOL

Jack

The time has come to start thinking about another project. I have been thinking about a couple of different roads to go down.
1. Detune the Demon and make it easier to drive and give it to the wife. Then build a real killer street car (Demon) for myself. It would be a stroked smallblock or stroked bigblock.

2. Build a nice driver, (Demon), for the wife and modify the Demon to get it deep into the 11's or maybe high 10's.

Either way, I am thinking that I will make them both look identical from the outside.

Jack
Rollie and I are going to Chipman today to look at a 71 Duster. Jack the pics of this thing look like its new. Bone stock with 340 auto, clean, clean. The guy is asking $ 8000, we all know you couldn't even begin to build one of these for that money. Check out Kijiji Fredericton, you may have to dig a little but its there.

-
Back