I've gota do it.(long post)

-
Its a great person that can lend a hand and expect nothing in return for him self. Just a hand up for some one else. The project is all ready a success. Great job Small Block.

Yet proof again on many fronts;

How drinking can take a good man down and ruin him and his family and cause lost hope of his loved ones. Something I see to often.

Proof of a good man still out there trying to fix more than just a fella up, but the whole family. Perhaps in someones veiw, more than a mouthfull, but to the man with a plan, maybe just a up hill battle that he's looking for. And a good cause it is.

Small Block, I wish you the best on this and I hope that theres still some heart left in this guy to change. Because that is where it'll start from, the effected one wanting it.

It takes a special type of person to be so generous. Bless you and this family.

Best of luck with this and keep us posted.

CM

Pulled the Savoy in the shop this evening and removed the seats, front and rear. Placed it on jacks and removed the wheels. Surveyed the situation and mad a list of things to do by one another. Bought an aluminum radiator off of ebay tonite. Took some pics and will get em posted tomorrow for you guys. Need a fuel cell if you have one forsale. One of the boys cant believe how great of shape the car is in. New floor pans are in the future. Glad to have you guys in our corner.
Small Block

Pulled the Savoy in the shop this evening and removed the seats, front and rear. Placed it on jacks and removed the wheels. Surveyed the situation and mad a list of things to do by one another. Bought an aluminum radiator off of ebay tonite. Took some pics and will get em posted tomorrow for you guys. Need a fuel cell if you have one forsale. One of the boys cant believe how great of shape the car is in. New floor pans are in the future. Glad to have you guys in our corner.
Small Block

Bill I have a 10-12 gallon foam filled RCI fuel cell with a bad chevy sending unit. It has the straps and a new cap and an 8an feed line I believe. I will sell cheap. I just upgraded to a bigger tank, but would be good for a drag car. PM me if interested.

So you are looking for a 65 Coronet? Here you go, 65 Coronet console shift big block in Twin Falls, Idaho. $1,800 and looks really solid. http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=0&nid=443&tab=list/view&ad=2674440

The red one I found last year. It is sitting in a field about an hour from my house in Idaho also.

13121750.jpg

13121831.jpg

13121984.jpg

drive9.jpg

drive8.jpg

Badart, That's a good price on the Coronet but i'm holding out for a two dr post. I PM'd ya on the fuel cell. Gota head for Oriellys and get a case of PB blaster and steel wool and wire wheels at the farm store and then head out to a buddy to borrow his rotisserie. We'll be needing weather strips for doors, trunk and front and rear window gaskets. Keep this in mind guys and gals. Not looking for any handouts just your help in locating stuff at a good price. After all this is a FABO generated project so feel free to participate in helping find the stuff. Used sheet metal will work if ya know of any. Thanks already for your help and concern. I let the boys (3) read this post yesterday evening and WOW. They are stoked. Even with the stipulations and ground rules i laid down, they are on this thing like a pitbull on a T-Bone. Water and soda pop ONLY in the shop. Like i said before, Jimmy is a GM certified body and paint man. Joey is a certified welder working at a Company that does reworks on Military combat vehicles and Sammy is one hell of a can do guy that grabs root and growls. That's funny. I guess im just the financier and the computer find it guy. Dad is coming out today and the unveiling will take place today for him. The boys have already loaded his thought so the seed has been planted.......and it's growing. He's not in the best of health and it is getting hot here BUT, the shop is air conditioned and stays about 72 if we like it to. Robert, the seeds your planting are taking root and will not return void. This is a good bunch of people that just made a few wrong turns. Thanks so much guys and gals and i look forward to returning here from time to time and seeing your input and participation which is much appriciated. I am so humbled to be allowed to take part is something of this nature and magnitude. I guess many years ago i said to the coach "Put me in Coach". Now "THE" Coach has taken me off the bench and has ask me to show him if i'm worthy. This is a full court press.
Small Block
Small Block

Good on you Bill. If worse come to worse and this guy just can't do it, at least you can be secure in the knowledge that you did your best.

Alcohol and drugs can really get a grip on a man's soul. Some grow out of it, some have to hit bottom and some just need a good push in the right direction. I hope in this guy's case, it's the latter.

I want to say happy belated Father's day to you Bill and thank you for being there for yet another family :happy10: That Plymouth is going to put allot of smiles in allot of hart's I bet.
God bless you brother :love7:

Small block, get your parts list ready, I may be able to hook you up with some parts.

Hey, what's up with the booze in the shop?

Please give us an update, smallblock, this is the first time I have seen this post and was blown away. God has a plan and you are already part of it. We never know how His plan will turn out, but He does.

First, Spaz, the booze thing has been corrected.
Second, i got the fuel cell from Badart.
Third, i got complete floor pans from mopardave for a greta price. They are in and looking good.
Forth, I got the quarters from Kramer. They are in and now starting to take it all down to metal.
Fifth, i didn't borrow the rotisserie, i bought it. What a tool. Like i've said. I'm atoo freak and when we run up nagainst an issue that needs a specific toll, if i can afford it i make a purchase. I bought some exstractors from J-Mac on here. Good stuff.
Sixth, we're looking for a dome top police stobe for the top. It is a Kentucky State Police pursuit vehicle so the attempt is to put it back in it's former glory complete with the strobe, siren, and spotlite and a few mods like 10" torque thrusts in therear and 6 inches in teh front and a DQ 440. The kids at the track should get a kick out of watching it storm down the quarter. This is still moving forward and many thanks to those that are behind us in the effort. Your prayers are needed. Mike will be up sometime and we'll do a pic spread of the car for ya.
Small Block

Maybe I'm a little confused.... where is dad at? I thought you was going to get him and his boys together to build the car.

I was (9 yrs ago) the dad you are trying to help. The problem with me before I sobered up was it was everyone's fault but mine. I drank to escape how I felt about myself. The lower I got the more I drank. I started laying out of work, letting the bills get behind, using everyone up, was going to get another DUI, started having health problems, and got to the point where I really didn't want to live any longer. I knew I was a alcoholic but did nothing to stop drinking. However we alcoholics don't necessary have to be the ones that you see laying around on the side of the roads or under bridges. I still had a job, a roof over my head, transportation, and a little money in my pocket. But on the inside I was dead and if I had not stopped drinking I would have surely been under that bridge at one time or another. For us alcoholics three things is bound to happen. One..... sober up, two..... locked up, three.... covered up. I choose sober up. I absolutely have nothing against people that drink.... I just know that I can't drink. When I drink it sets up in my mind a phenomenon of craving. Once that craving gets started it is very hard to stop so that first drink is what will kill me! Not the thousandth one but the first drink. I really hope you can help the dad but in real life however he will not stop drinking until he gets ready. Sometimes its to late and some of us die but some of us make it. I have been going to AA for 9 yrs now......... I have lost count of the people that have went back out and died as the result of drinking again. People that I have tried to help (sponsor) and people that was my friends!! I didn't get sober on the first try or the second but thank God I finally did or I might have died myself. We look at alcohol as a disease it's not a disease for those who can drink successfully but for us alcoholics it is a disease. Just like diabetes for example. He can get help if he wants by calling someone who is in AA or in the telephone book. That's what I did and I tell you..... that phone weighed a thousand pounds. Really I shouldn't even say he is a alcoholic only he can say that he is or not but the way it sounds alcohol is causing trouble in his life. I'm really not good on politics, certified mechanic, doctor, fireman, but one thing I do know all about is alcohol.

Bill I wish you all the luck/prayers in the world to help the guy.

-
Back