James's 1970 Dodge Dart build.

-
just subscribing for updates.

great build going on, have you got the rear wheels and tyres yet? im looking to do something similar on a 68 and was wondering if i could squeeze the 315/35x17s with a spring relocation kit and mini tub to the frame rail

sorry for the delay. yes, i got the wheels...they are american racing TT2's 17x11 with 4.25" backspace. the tires are nitto 555 315/35/17, and they fit really nice.

dude im in San jose too... i want my car to sit like that in the rear also!!! haha

Great work! I'll be replacing the 8-3/4 in my Scamp with an S60 this winter...subscribing to this tread so I can follow along. We're building another A-body and I really like some of the stuff you're doing with the Dart. Keep going - it's gonna be a nice ride when you're done.

Wow, i´m very impressed!! That thing looks awesome!
I build my 340 actually too.
Keep up the good progress!! And more Pics!

Hello. Nothing new to post yet...Sorry...Progress has slowed dramatically because of these short cold winter days, and the lack of money...haha...But I have been working on the firewall a little bit...I plugged the blower motor hole and relocated the heater hose holes, plugged the wiper motor hole, and flattened some other spots on the firewall, I removed the washer bottle and plugged those holes as well to clean it up some, oh, and the bulk connector hole......Basically when ya pop the hood, all I want to be seen is the engine, and just a few wires all together for that clean look...lol....I hope I can pull it off...I'll post some pics soon, when it is all welded up...Here's a teaser...

downsized_1210091313.jpg

Not done yet, still have to work on plugging some of the drivers side holes...you get the idea...

Beautiful work, on the car! Thanks for your service as well! I was hoping and trying to send you a link to a thread someone posted on here about blocking the holes you are welding in. Cant find it, but its cnc'd block off plates if I can remember correctly for the heater motor hole and possibly wiper motor as well. Pretty cheap I think they were $35, and looked sharp with a mopar design. I hope someone can find the link? Keep up the good work....I am sooooo jealous!

Hmm there was a post either here or BB dart about modding the heater fan and motor so it recessed into the heater box housing.End result was no heater motor sticking out of the firewall. I'll see if I can remember where...

Hmm there was a post either here or BB dart about modding the heater fan and motor so it recessed into the heater box housing.End result was no heater motor sticking out of the firewall. I'll see if I can remember where...

I read that...It's over on BBD...But, I'm using the vintage air heater/defrost unit which is much smaller. I've never used one or seen one in use, but I hope it puts out the same amount of heat and defrost as the factory...

Beautiful work, on the car! Thanks for your service as well! I was hoping and trying to send you a link to a thread someone posted on here about blocking the holes you are welding in. Cant find it, but its cnc'd block off plates if I can remember correctly for the heater motor hole and possibly wiper motor as well. Pretty cheap I think they were $35, and looked sharp with a mopar design. I hope someone can find the link? Keep up the good work....I am sooooo jealous!

I've seen those plates, I know what your talking about. :) A good idea if someone were to ever turn the car back to factory...But, that will never happen to this car..lol

I read that...It's over on BBD...But, I'm using the vintage air heater/defrost unit which is much smaller. I've never used one or seen one in use, but I hope it puts out the same amount of heat and defrost as the factory...

I hope so.For what it costs it better be superior to factopry

That is a great looking Dart you started with. Also thank you for your service and giving us all our freadoms.

I would love to see it stay green like a candy green or something close to original or an all black dart.

The Vit C will look great on it as well or sublime green or buffed silver like on the 68 Charger models.

I like the stance it has after the tubes that is going to be one bad Dart.

James! Whasssup Dude? Taking an extended break from car stuff?

amazing build man!!

where about to you find the heater/defrost unit at?

James! Whasssup Dude? Taking an extended break from car stuff?

hello!!! yes, car progress has slowed tremendously!!! my friend and I are waiting on parts for our sheet metal brake, once we get them, we will start to make a box for the fuel cell, we are cutting out the trunk floor in a few days...

right now, all my focus is on my 68 cuda fastback, im rebuilding the front suspension with disc brakes, and man, what a pain in the *** it has been!! waiting and waiting and waiting on parts!!! but i have to get the cuda done first and drivable, because its torn apart in my driveway, and all parts are layed out in the living room! its been out of commission for almost 2 months! i didnt think a suspension rebuild would take that long!!!! (most of the time im waiting on parts to come...)

Thats really nice tin work!

My question is how and where is the tank vented to? If it's to the trunk Im thinking you need to change that. Especially if you plan on trunk mounting the battery.

Slick work! Looks a lot nicer than the one i just did, although mine was to stock so that might make a difference!

-
Back