jazzing up the Indy manifold

-

BARRACUDA340S

Reaction score
took off the Indy manifold today. I'm sending it to quincy Il to Andy Dittmer to get a turtle installed. Then it's off the California to get polished. While I have it apart I'm gonna install new rocker shafts and re-set the valves. I'm also gonna send my pro systems carb to monmouth Il to have it powder coated to match the car. I got spoiled with BIGS carbs. They look so nice. That's about all I'm up to right now.

There is a place over here in Monmouth IL that powder coats but I'm not sure I want to give them my carb. Maybe I can send it to you and have your guy do it. The blocks and base are red like my old carb.

Brett, just send the carb up and I will take care of it.....I would like to take a look see and see whats so much better then mine anyway......Jesse :shaking:

OK deal! I will ship it out friday. It's a 1000 cfm and is supposed to have dominator metering blocks. On the chasis dyno the 1000 race demon was jetted at what I thought would be about right. The 1st pull was 471 HP and it was way rich. I jetted down several times and ended up with 545 HP with basically jetting and swapping from a straight 4 hole spacer to a HVH 4 hole tappered. Patrick said the indy heads were very efficient and with my set up I needed a special set up to counter the efficiency, hence the the dominator metering blocks. I have not had his carb on the dyno and did not get a chance to run it against the Demon at the track so I don't know how good it really is. It has great throttle response but if you look at the videos at the track it looked rich and obviously needed tuned on, just didn't have time. I will also send a copy of the spec sheet I got with the carb. Let me know when you get it.

Thanks Jessie

Brett

after having a bigs carb for the last 4 years I just can't look at gold anymore. I alway's got a lot of compliments on the carb and it really set off the engine compartment.

Hey Jessie, the carb is on the way. I will fax you the specs on it mon. Give it a test drive and see what you think.

thanks again

Brett

-
Back