Jeep Cherokee Rear?

-

timfromme

Reaction score
Hello, I just bought a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Chrysler 8.25 rear end with open differential and 3.55 gearing for cheap at a local wreaking yard. My question is how much torque or power do those rear ends can handle? I plan on putting a limited slip or posi unit in. Also when I checked the wheel bolt pattern it was 4.25". Is that correct? Thanks, Tim

Oh, I see the post for the 8 1/4 rear end pros n cons. Thanks. That helped. But am I reading the bolt pattern wrong some how for the wheels? Stupid question but what is the correct way to read the wheel bolt pattern?

Bolt pattern is how many lugs by how far apart on center of the stud to the other stud, which would be, lugs arrainged in a star pattern, top lug measured downwards to one of he lower lugs, ethier side of the bottom of the star pattern.

I do believe the Jeeps rear is a 5 (Lug) on a 4-1/2 (Distance between centers of the lugs.)

Glad that thread on the rear helped.

Hi, The rear end has the chrysler logo on it but has the 4 1/4 lug centers for the wheel bolt pattern. Will take pics and post. Maybe someone can identify what I really have?

137.JPG

137.JPG

On 5 bolt you measure from the outside of one bolt to the center of one across from it, yours is 41/2 as I have looked into these rear ends before. Are you using this in an A-Body? If so I think the spring perch measurement is slightly wider
Hope this helps Bruce

So what I posted in the pictures is correct? Center on one of the lugs to the outside edge of the other lug measures 4 1/2. From center of lug to center of the other lug measures 4 1/4. Always thought it was center to center, that is why the question. Thank you for clarifying that for me. So I do have 4 1/2 wheel bolt pattern. Thanks, Tim

-
Back