Jegs Exhaust

-

rklein383

Reaction score
I finished installing a Jegs 2.5 inch exhaust kit designed to be used with headers along with a universal x-pipe kit from them. The kits worked very well together. I have Schumacher headers on my 440+6 Barracuda. I didn't have to buy any bends to put the kits together. It's not a bolt in as I welded the kits together. I also bought a couple of extra flanges that I welded in before the mufflers. I can now drop the entire x-pipe assembly from the under the car to facilitate removing the transmission, if necessary. I am very pleased, overall.
Rod

I finished installing a Jegs 2.5 inch exhaust kit designed to be used with headers along with a universal x-pipe kit from them. The kits worked very well together. I have Schumacher headers on my 440+6 Barracuda. I didn't have to buy any bends to put the kits together. It's not a bolt in as I welded the kits together. I also bought a couple of extra flanges that I welded in before the mufflers. I can now drop the entire x-pipe assembly from the under the car to facilitate removing the transmission, if necessary. I am very pleased, overall.
Rod
Sounds like success to me . . good job, got a
any pics?

Here are a couple of pics. I also had to fabricate a new reverse linkage that goes between the crossmember and the exhaust.
Rod

Attachments

• exh 1.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 376
  • exh2.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 346
They came with the kit, have no idea what they are.

When I first fired it up, it was actually very quiet inside the car, but the rumble out the back is very nice. I have the hemi grind cam in my car so it has a good sound. I have always like turbo flow mufflers, never have like the flowmaster sound.

-
Back