Job Profession

-
Part owner of a fire sprinkler company, I mainly design the systems with CAD.

Past life's, Network administrator, 8 years, Chrysler Technician 5 years, Mopar resto shop owner, 4 years, US Navy Sonar Tech, 10 years. Short order cook was my first gig at 18.

Professional body builder and male stripper!..................or maybe an auto parts counterman for the last 29 year!

Let me see.
1 Carpentry/millwork for 40 years
2 Insurance restoration contractor (fire and water) for 28 years
3 Estimator for an insurance restoration contractor for 18 years
4 Business owner for 15 years
5 Independent Insurance Adjuster the last 3 years

Well that about sums it up.

Jim

Let me see.
1 Carpentry/millwork for 40 years
2 Insurance restoration contractor (fire and water) for 28 years
3 Estimator for an insurance restoration contractor for 18 years
4 Business owner for 15 years
5 Independent Insurance Adjuster the last 3 years

Well that about sums it up.

Jim

Wow that means your over 104 yrs old! :-D

Full time FF/EMT-A, currently an engineer in the fire house. Also certified as an instructor, investigator, ice water rescue, hazmat tech and few other things. Also a member of out local vol. fire dept.

I met my wifee over 20 years ago, worked with the G-parents till they retired and sold the business to an idiot.

We quit and started our own gig, 13 years making custom wetsuits and other Neoprene products like mermaid suits and lens covers.......you get it?

Here's our site,

Otterbaysuits.com

Other than that, I rebuild old boats, meet Theresa C. (1933)

rmtlzm.jpg

I do commercial salmon fish if we have a season..
Help friends with their telephone woes...
Make the strongest beer you'll ever drink..
And tonight I will eat the crab we caught this AM!!!!!
Though snow is 200 miles from us, I still get a chance to snowboard:cheers:

Remember 50 is the new 15:bootysha:

So many jobs, you'd think I'm 200!!!

Great thread!

LCjeff

Aircraft mechanic. Spent 14 years at Delta Airlines at the Dallas Fort Worth hangar before they closed it in 2004. Chased dial tone at Verizon for a while when I left Delta. I'm now working at a turbine engine overhaul and repair facility in Grapevine Texas as an inspector.

I'm a high school history teacher here in Southern California. I'm entering my fifth year in this profession with my previous experience being in furniture delivery and produce ranch work. The recession is killing education here in SoCal with expected pink slips going on in April. I might have to add group home hired thug as my second profession very soon if pink slips go out.

I've been a supervisor at a paper, and single stream recycling plant for 13 years. I keep an eye on what everybody is doing. And when needed, I'll drive forklift, bucket loader, (a 950 Cat,) skid steer, yard jocky, and may go out and drive a truck making pickups on occation. And there is also the balers to watch and solve any problems that may interupt them from running nromally.

Environmental Project Manager for a large city, take care of all there Hazmat problems.Here me in about 8 inches of dead pigeons and there dung a very foul-smelling situation.

Hello

DSC00327.jpg

21 Years in the Army. Did everything from killing the enemy to Nuclear Weapons Fire Control. Retired and worked as world-wide network engineer for GTE Government Systems Corp. When they folded in 93 I opened my own business as an IT consultant. Wife's ilness has forced me to forego that for the last year or so so just call me SEMI-RETIRED....

Retired Air Force in '86, 5 years working in the antique auto restoration business, 5 more years of the same except it was my shop, 9 years at Lowes as a kitchen designer, last 5 as a part-time USPS rural mail carrier.

Custom finisher. I finish cabinets,millwork, and specialize at woodgraining metal entry doors.

29 yrs. as a USPS rural mail carrier, 7 yrs. to go.
Sign Painter since 1981, Opened my own shop in '95, probably pin stripe my own coffin right before I climb in.

Mechanical Engineer. After a short stint as a Manufacturing Engineer I got pulled into the Quality Assurance world. Quality Engineer for 3 years and now Quality Manager for 14 years since I was 24 at various plants because they keep closing in Michigan. Currently Quality Manager at a plastic trim company owned by the Chinese.

I inspect, test and repair trains in the rail yards. Rain sleet snow crazy heat, I'm out there looking for problems. One of the few jobs where looking for trouble is OK!

100_0525.jpg

100_0529.jpg

Registered Architect since 1993.

Lucky? enough to basically work for the same firm since college. It is a small company with two office locations specializing in mostly commercial related design.

I worked for a window tint and auto detail shop right outta high school, after a while there I thought I could do a better job than the owner, bought him out, doubled the business and ran myself into the ground. Sold the business a year later for a nice profit and signed on with the IBEW and have been a union electrician for 13 years now. Don't work with the tools much anymore, mostly run the work but still get out in the field for stress relief as much as possible. Currently waiting for my Crane operator certificate to arrive in the mail (I have been running Boom truck crane's for years but WA state just passed a law that you have to have a license to do so, and pay dearly for that license). I have built both of the houses that I have lived in, have helped several friends build both houses and shops. Mostly because I am too cheap to pay someone to do it, but also because I love the challenge.

-
Back