Joe Mondello R.I.P.

-
Sorry to see another big name gone. This hits kind of hard because I really got into Olds (my first car) before coming back to Mopar a few years ago.
RIP Joe. Your Rocket cylinder head expertise will be missed.

http://www.mondello.com/

We are sad to announce that Joseph A. Mondello has

passed on this morning at 9:21AM on April 6th, 2011.

A viewing will be held at

Hood's Funeral Home

2371 Highway 127 (Exit 317 from I-40)

(Also known as Main Street)

Crossville, TN. 38572

931-456-4663

We will post more information as it becomes available

Shop my brother works at has a set of Joe's heads for his personal car on the CNC right now.... They where shocked as hell when they heard the news

Sad loss. I've had the pleasure of installin two of his engines in my life. A 403 in a 79 T/A and a 455 in a 84 Delta 88 2 door. Neither car was slow.....but we made the T tops blow outta the T/A goin up I/75 north towards Atlanta. That car would fly.

I had the great pleasure to be taught by and to build my 57 392 hemi at the Mondello Tech Center with Mr. Mondello's guideance. A class act and a true gentleman. He will be missed!!!!!

I met Joe about 30 years ago, maybe longer at a drag strip up in division 1. I told him about the heads on my race car and he came over to look at them.They were a set that he worked over for an an old gasser. He told me to run more carb, or bigger jets and a colder set of plugs. Guess what, the car picked up almost a tenth. He was one of the greatest, I'm sorry to hear he passed away.

I had the great pleasure to be taught by and to build my 57 392 hemi at the Mondello Tech Center with Mr. Mondello's guideance. A class act and a true gentleman. He will be missed!!!!!

I bet that was fun.

-
Back