Johnny's Pics and Videos!

-

Johnny Mac

www.blueprintengines.com
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
Hey all, I know most of you know I'm a big Mopar guy too! I was able to get my bracket car ready for some track time this weekend!!! Hopefully the video works!

Video Link

image4000000.jpg

image0000006.jpg

image000002.jpg

image000001.jpg

image00.jpg

image0000.jpg

image000000.jpg

20180804_202844.jpg

20180804_181354.jpg

20180804_181331.jpg

Last edited:
nice, but there is a really weird tire mark in the 8th pic. Too low air pressure or chrysler traction stuff ?
Too low pressure coupled with a few pieces of gravel in my path. You could literally see where the "marbles" made those cheetah spots. and yeah, I did bump up the pressure for a better contact patch in a later test launch. much better!

If i could figure out how i embedded that video, i'd post it on the racecar thread.lol

I bet it was! I want one myself and have the room.......but my money tree ain't bloomin.
I found that one surprisingly inexpensive. IMO anyways. It was 2300 installed. 400 of it was the install. I contemplated installing it myself, but...it was a true 12 foot installed height...and drilling my new 6 inch concrete...so...let them do it.

I found that one surprisingly inexpensive. IMO anyways. It was 2300 installed. 400 of it was the install. I contemplated installing it myself, but...it was a true 12 foot installed height...and drilling my new 6 inch concrete...so...let them do it.

That is a good deal. IMO, I think Gregg Smith Equipment has the best deals on them. I don't know who you got yours from. Mine will have to have the base cap for a short ceiling, which is ok by me. My height at the wall is a little over 9' but the peak height is over 12, so I know one will fit.

I MAY build a tall lean too outside and put it under that. that is, if I run into some dough.

That is a good deal. IMO, I think Gregg Smith Equipment has the best deals on them. I don't know who you got yours from. Mine will have to have the base cap for a short ceiling, which is ok by me. My height at the wall is a little over 9' but the peak height is over 12, so I know one will fit.

I MAY build a tall lean too outside and put it under that. that is, if I run into some dough.
Greg smith was a bit cheaper. I couldn't however get them on the phone after multiple attempts. Glad I went with an installer bc I had to have them back for minor adjustments 2 times...but I fully admit it's a china "tuxedo" lift. I'm sure a challenger or a rotary would be a little nicer.

Greg smith was a bit cheaper. I couldn't however get them on the phone after multiple attempts. Glad I went with an installer bc I had to have them back for minor adjustments 2 times...but I fully admit it's a china "tuxedo" lift. I'm sure a challenger or a rotary would be a little nicer.

Maybe, maybe not. Some of the import stuff is pretty nice, despite what some people say. So was 6" deep enough concrete? Danged if I'd trust that. I plan to mark my floor, bust up where the lift towers will go, dig it up and pour probably 12" footers. It's all in the installation. I know a little about it. I had a friend who installed lifts for a living. His business was "Rack Man Installations". Poor Jeffery, he had a debilitating stroke about two years ago and he died last year. I miss my buddy. He knew how to install shop equipment right.

Very cool I love that car! I'm partial to the beak cars especially 74 and 75. 74 being my favorite I always liked the 73-74 grille alot better than 75 (mine is 75) I dont like the two recesses on either side of the "beak" on 75s I like the smooth gradual raise of the beak in the 73-74 grille! I thought about putting a 73-74 grille in mine.
Also I absolutely love the color!!

Maybe, maybe not. Some of the import stuff is pretty nice, despite what some people say. So was 6" deep enough concrete? Danged if I'd trust that. I plan to mark my floor, bust up where the lift towers will go, dig it up and pour probably 12" footers. It's all in the installation. I know a little about it. I had a friend who installed lifts for a living. His business was "Rack Man Installations". Poor Jeffery, he had a debilitating stroke about two years ago and he died last year. I miss my buddy. He knew how to install shop equipment right.
Sorry to hear about your buddy, we loose good gearheads all too often!

Believe it or not...all the 2 post companies I talked to told me 4...yes 4...inches of high pressure concrete. I went 6...

They punch all the way through with a drill, and have expanding spider like anchors that grab. If u have it installed...they probably wont want u to do 12. The bolts are like all thread, with the anchors. Not deck lags. I was pretty surprised also!

Sorry to hear about your buddy, we loose good gearheads all too often!

Believe it or not...all the 2 post companies I talked to told me 4...yes 4...inches of high pressure concrete. I went 6...

They punch all the way through with a drill, and have expanding spider like anchors that grab. If u have it installed...they probably wont want u to do 12. The bolts are like all thread, with the anchors. Not deck lags. I was pretty surprised also!

Yeah......this old boy ain't trustin 4". Not me. lol

Very cool I love that car! I'm partial to the beak cars especially 74 and 75. 74 being my favorite I always liked the 73-74 grille alot better than 75 (mine is 75) I dont like the two recesses on either side of the "beak" on 75s I like the smooth gradual raise of the beak in the 73-74 grille! I thought about putting a 73-74 grille in mine.
Also I absolutely love the color!!
Thanks! The 74 is what I could afford when I was 16 :) I made it mine, and went with the things I liked. I contemplate putting it back on the street some days. But it becomes more of a dedicated drag car every time I touch it lol

Yeah......this old boy ain't trustin 4". Not me. lol
6000 psi concrete...lol...but maybe its different if you are just cutting out sections of older concrete to make anchor points. Rebar is probably very important there.

Thanks! The 74 is what I could afford when I was 16 :) I made it mine, and went with the things I liked. I contemplate putting it back on the street some days. But it becomes more of a dedicated drag car every time I touch it lol
I got mine when I was 16 also still have it all these years later. Although it's nowhere near complete its getting there I'm making progress.

20180829_104649.jpg

6000 psi concrete...lol...but maybe its different if you are just cutting out sections of older concrete to make anchor points. Rebar is probably very important there.

That's what mine is. 6K psi and 4". But still........lol

-
Back