Junkyard Math...

-

Frankie

Member #9641
Reaction score
13226645_1044587768968995_7425087628441617162_n.jpg

If I had a dime for every time I heard that, I would be rich........

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

I've made a steering wheel puller from a hood hinge, two water pump bolts and a big bolt and nut I found.

I've used axle shafts as hammers and pry bars and broken glass as a knife.

I actually HAVE a metric crescent wrench. No joke, it's stamped so many mm to so many mm!!

Notice how the dime is bent and not flat any more....

If you buy parts at the pick and pull, how many nuts and bolts is acceptable to pocket and sneak without "declaring" at the front desk???

If you buy parts at the pick and pull, how many nuts and bolts is acceptable to pocket and sneak without "declaring" at the front desk???
Depends on the size of the bolts, and how much they charge you to walk the yard in the first place

always knew you were smart Frankie

Just not smart enough to do this math or read the picture .as stated 1/2 inch + dime does not equal 14 mm. 14 mm + dime =1/2 inch .Now to the bigger question - if you've got metric wrenches why not force a 12 mm on it ?

Just not smart enough to do this math or read the picture .as stated 1/2 inch + dime does not equal 14 mm. 14 mm + dime =1/2 inch .Now to the bigger question - if you've got metric wrenches why not force a 12 mm on it ?
I think you got that backwards, 14 mm plus 1 dime would be closer to 19/32
the two correct answers are 14 mm MINUS 1 dime is 1/2, and 1/2 plus 1 dime is 14 mm

6 beers make a nice evening snack! I grab what ever bolts I take off to get to what I need removed.

I once needed a woodruff key, pulled a crank pully , got yhe key, and walked to the u pull it window and set the key on the counter,,, The lady looked at me with this funny look and said. "Honey I didn't know car parts could be that small, just take it."

I don't think anyone had ever tried to pay for something they could just pocket...
HA ha

-
Back