Just bein' GOLDIE!

-

goldfish65

Reaction score
This is where I am with Goldie's interior. Seats were done by previous owner as was the incorrect carpet. I sit on a desk chair cushion...the old seat foam isn't very soft. You can see my 'temporary' headliner fix using flashing & wooden molding, driver's door vinyl I repainted but I'll re-do in the correct color, door jamb seal treated with Plasti-dip, and that old critter Alf who came with Goldie. Getting the rear floor pan installed was a great improvement...I have a drivers side front pan ready to go in. Then the carpet can go in. In the meantime, Goldie drives and looks good, which is a lot of fun. Couldn't have got this far without help from everybody here.

012.jpg

013.jpg

005.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

Goldie's doin great. Bodywork & paint didn't leave much $ for improvements lately. Today I got the hood lined up better. The latch is key. It's adjustable but now it's reached the end of it's travel. Spose I could elongate the bolt holes a little. Adjusted the bumpers so the corners of the hood are snug. Woo-Hooo!

Took pics this morning at weekly car meet at a donut shop here in Atlanta. Wish more Mopars would come represent. Anybody in the area who's interested pm me.

010.jpg

011.jpg

006.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

Wow, Goldie looks great:cheers:. If I could only get off my butt and finish a project,I'd be able to have fun and go cruising too.

This is where I am with Goldie's interior. Seats were done by previous owner as was the incorrect carpet. I sit on a desk chair cushion...the old seat foam isn't very soft. You can see my 'temporary' headliner fix using flashing & wooden molding, driver's door vinyl I repainted but I'll re-do in the correct color, door jamb seal treated with Plasti-dip, and that old critter Alf who came with Goldie. Getting the rear floor pan installed was a great improvement...I have a drivers side front pan ready to go in. Then the carpet can go in. In the meantime, Goldie drives and looks good, which is a lot of fun. Couldn't have got this far without help from everybody here.
Looks like you could use some 14,s on her,lowrider in rear.

Goldie blends in nicely with the eclectic collection of cars at the show. Thanks for representing the Mopars!

I've been asking Goldie to stay strong as I haven't had extra funds lately. All I've done is clean the engine a little. A while back I replaced dash bulbs (you need eyes on the ends of your fingers) but the left half of the cluster went out....until tonite....they came on again....Yay! I'm sure some of you have similar experiences.

Hey, right on. I think it looks great. Mine is just about done as well. except for the headliner. But I do have the new headliner though. Just haven't got around to that yet. Keep it up. I love your car. Is it a formula-S ???? I noticed it has the emblems there. But you have the 13" rims.

Yo, 'dude, you're right...Goldie's hasn't always had an easy life, the fenders are replacements from a Formula S. In fact, the left fender has been replaced twice. I do have a sway bar tho! AND a slightly tired 273 2 barrel. No complaints though. Everything will come in time. Kudos on your '65 and all your hard work to bring it back.

Today I drove to my Dad's place in the N. Georgia mountains. On the way I got Goldie a present, a fire extinguisher. Not liking the idea of watching my baby burn. Beautiful day and the little 273 purred all day long. We rode to Grandview Lake and a lofty spot overlooking Jasper, Ga. Note the pens in my Dad's shirt pocket. He's an engineer, the number of things he has designed and built and taught himself is mind-boggling. As I drove back home I vowed to spend more time with him, before it's too late. :clock:

002.jpg

008.jpg

Holy crap you guys, Goldie's fuel guage just sprang to life this morning!! It never worked even for the previous owner. I just kinda sat there with my jaw hanging open when I saw the needle swing over to F for the first time.

Today I drove to my Dad's place in the N. Georgia mountains. On the way I got Goldie a present, a fire extinguisher. Not liking the idea of watching my baby burn. Beautiful day and the little 273 purred all day long. We rode to Grandview Lake and a lofty spot overlooking Jasper, Ga. Note the pens in my Dad's shirt pocket. He's an engineer, the number of things he has designed and built and taught himself is mind-boggling. As I drove back home I vowed to spend more time with him, before it's too late. :clock:

That last line is what its all about...My Dad lives with me and sometime I need to be reminded of that last line....Mahalo!

IT's ALIVE...ALIVE!!!!! (Fuel gauge)

Aloha...(PS LOVIN GOLDIE)

From ebay store 'rehrenberg.' Came with adapter plate and adjustable prop valve. Disc conversion will have to wait ($) but it's a big improvement.

Pedal feel is pretty spongey; I hear there are other master cylinders out there that will give you a harder pedal. I've already gotten used to it though.

Also just got a new gas tank from Tamraz's...it's the Canadian unit; reasonably priced and shipped very fast. The old one sprung a leak.

Some bimbo rear-ended Goldie a few weeks ago. She left the scene but my insurance company has tracked her down, when they settle my claim it will be back to the body shop. I found a new bumper on ebay too. It's a hassle but coulda been MUCH worse.

FABO is the best!

001.jpg

Finally found the wheels I wanted thanks to 68Dartfan. The original 13"ers weren't cutting it. Goldie isn't really a Formula S, the fenders aren't the original and they have the S emblems...but now he looks like a real Formula S. New springs are coming very soon because the rears are scrubbing over bumps, just a slight lift will cure that problem. Now we know that 14x7 wheels with 4" backspacing on the rears and 3 1/2" backspacing on the fronts with 205/70 tires will fit on an early-a.

Thanks to everybody who gave me imput.

A VERY BIG THANKS to 68Dartfan for the great deal on these small-bolt wheels...as you see them all shiny and polished was the way he sent them to me.

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

Those wheels look great. I think ive been at least close by where you took it in the mountains. Maybe not. I dont remember town names but it was close to the SC border also. Nice car.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

That looks so awesome, I love the slotted mags, you did get a great deal too, nice work! :cheers:

Goldie sure looks great goldfish65
Congrat's on all the good moves you have made =P~
I have not made the time to check goldie out till know :cheers:
Victoria sure would like to park next to your Barracuda one day :happy10:

I appreciate all you guys' generous comments. Goldie is one of those cars that likes to run. All a-bodies are cool, but for me it has to be a '64-'66. My Mom drove her brand new '66 Valiant for 30 years, 'The Plymouth' was part of the family. When I found Goldie on the roadside with a for-sale sign he was looking forlorn and starting to rust and I couldn't see letting a great car go to waste. I decided to let my '67 Fury go to a good home, that was really hard. :cry:

Tomorrow's goal is to get some air shocks. I just need to get the rear up a little higher so the new tires don't scrub. I know the dangers of running too much air pressure, gonna keep it at a safe level.

Goldie hopes to park next to Victoria someday too...

I run 60lbs in mine to keep a good stance and keep all four corners holding the curves better. She is a great driver, Look how big she looks next to a musician friends car :toothy10:

Birthday swim!! 043.jpg

Birthday swim!! 045.jpg

Did you get the shocks in?
My car was also low in the rear. I took a couple leafs out of an old set of duster leaf springs and added one to each side. It raised it about an inch and stiffened up a little. It works good. Although new springs would be better, but I also like free.

-
Back