Just bought a 5.7 for my Duster

-
Carl,

I like that suspension you got there, by the way if you dont mind me asking
how much is a " Few Bucks"

Bob

OK so a "few" may be stretching it but I figured by the time I rebuilt the old suspension, bought the TTI mounts and headers and converted to disk brakes, mildon oil pan and oil filter block off plate/ relocation kit I was not that far off. Then I would still be stuck without power steering.
Going with the RMS will allow me to run power steering, run a stock ram oil pan ($50 new) and jeep manifolds. (or as 5.7Dart did, Ram 5.7 manifolds)

RMS301 AlterKtion Coil-Over System, Street/Handling, 67-76 A-body Options: mounts: 5.7L/6.1L $4,250.00 1 $4,250.00 140-7017 Wilwood 12.19" 4-piston Kit Options: Rotor_Type: Drilled/Slotted Caliper_Color: Black $829.00 1 $829.00 Subtotal: $5,079.00 Shipping cost: $95.64
cid:spacer_black.gif
Total: $5,174.64

Hello,

I wouldn't worry about the model year with the exception of the MDS which in-turn changed the engine from a 8 to a 4 by turning off the lifters. Works well. The 2003 did not have the MDS. It's no big deal. It can be turned off and all is safe. The nice thing about the truck serpentine belt is the clearance for the A/C. Currently there is nothing available for conversion. The belts underdrive the accessories and are designed that way to begin with. I would talk to Ben at Plum Floored Creations www.plumfloored.com (623) 986-5000. He has done many of these conversions. Also try http://www.hotrodlane.cc/New%20HEMI%20Tech/HEMI%20links%20page.html#hemitech. They have a lot of product and support.
Intake go with the Mopar Hot Rod style manifold. EFI with center mounted throttle body. Makes for a clean install.
Computers: Their are stand alone that does not require the OEM ECM
Cams: Try Comp Cams or call the B.E.S. Racing Engine they won the EMC with a late model HEMI. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=125247

I am in Fullerton, would to check the car out...

Thanks

Carl,

I like that suspension you got there, by the way if you dont mind me asking
how much is a " Few Bucks"

Bob
Clan, I decided not to tade a "kidney" for front suspension conversion. I must appologize as I have approx. $1,500, without coilovers(to be QA-1s). Yes, I know-pictures. PST tube uca's plug into Willwood, Mus. II , Heidt x-member ,dropped spindles, RX7 hubs, 1.25" x11.75 rotors, Alum. 4 pots, both Willwood. 15/1 ratio power rack/front. 150 lbs lighter ? Good Luck, ateam.:toothy10:

Ateam,

i would really like to see some pics of yours too .

Bob
Bob and clan, untill then, It looks "exactly" like Heidts Mustang II crossmember, ordered to fit inside of your rails. What makes this lil' easier is using stock A body, uca. mounts with tube a-arms, that fit the Willwood spindles,(steering arms bolt on for front/rear steer). Yea pic's, I know,ateam.:profilel:

Bob and clan, untill then, It looks "exactly" like Heidts Mustang II crossmember, ordered to fit inside of your rails. What makes this lil' easier is using stock A body, uca. mounts with tube a-arms, that fit the Willwood spindles,(steering arms bolt on for front/rear steer). Yea pic's, I know,ateam.:profilel:

Who makes this setup? I would like to take a look at it some time, you aren't too far from me.

Who makes this setup? I would like to take a look at it some time, you aren't too far from me.
This stuff is/was directed for the street rod market and started catching on with street machines. "Heidt", "Fat Man" and others make Make Mustang II cross members of "order to width" sizes.Wilwood for spindles and brake kits. Several brands of manual/power front steer racks available.What helps this concept, is using stock uca. mounts with tube-a body ca's that plug into Wilwood spindles. I have yet to do a full mock-up, in the 67' cuda. Good Luck, ateam.:thumblef:

-
Back