Just bought this Feather Duster $1500 Score

-
only ever seen one dart lite,,,in the early 1980 it was being parted out,,, nice find rare car,,,

Very nice..... Another difference is the fender supports are deleted on these cars.... I had one about ten years ago.... Get this, auto with a/c lol
Contradicted the whole idea lol
Enjoy.

The auto was more money I'm glad he keep the cheap Hurst option. As for the Ac I would have lived with the extra weight.

Well does any one recognize this mirror on the passenger mirror stock or what never seen one before.

Attachments

• Mirror one.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 403
  • Mirror 2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 389
:D I thought you were joking ebay search did not find this one but looks like you could be on to something. :D

Did the innerds of the engine get de-gunked with the 'ATF/Detergent Oil' treatment? How well did it work?

Nice score! Looks like a solid starting point! I found a 1967 Cuda today. Looking into if it's for sale or not! Hoping so! May be a future project, depending on how much I gotta pay for it

Yes the dejunking with DEXITRONII worked great Im going to change the oil again but the dip stick tub is pushing oil out need to resolve this first lost 1 quart in 160 miles out the dip stick tube.

Wow the seats in the Dart light nice price also and AC to boot to many cars even though thats very tempting. Just bought another Shelby GLHS charger last saturday if i brought this home my wife may leave home. After preforming this act in the night.:violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1: LOL

Better go thru the tranny. Most of those o/d trans wallowed the holes in the case where the countershaft goes through. Need to bush the case to fix it right. Looks like someone didn't change the oil - that looks like more than condensation, more like sludge from not changing the oil. If it's got that much blow by the dip stick tube the rings could be gone...do a compression test, dry, and then wet with oil thru the plug hole.

Great find, my boss had one back in the late 70's to early 80's.

Today once i was at work i checked the oil. A tiny bit of oily grey goop on the stick with lots of nice clean oil.. Now saturday I will pull the head and replace with a rebuilt ready to rock head and new head gasket. Yes I agree obviously the oil changes were not done often or the guy was a penzoil lover. The condensation was what caused all the junk to fall off the top of the inner top of valve cover. Engine sure runs well for having a failing head gasket.

I just recently joined this forum. FYI on this Feather Duster, I drove a '76 Dart Lite for about 10 years and consistently got 29 mpg on the interstate at 65-70 mph. My dad bought it new and he started it on Mobil 1 at 10k miles and I sold it at 245k miles and the engine was still strong and unstoppable. Wish I had my Lite to hand to my son who is now 30 and learing to appreciate A bodies....hope to get him hooked on one soon! Good luck with this one! I'll be following the resurrection as you post....

very cool find! I wonder how the front marker light got broken like that? do you know whats under the repairs on the rear?

Under the so called repairs. Well it,s a dent about 1/2 inch deep no rust and I own a spitznegl gun so should be easy to get out I may just cut it out with thin wheel straigten it perfect then stitch back to perfect. Was a very bad bondo cover up they did not even remove paint before the bondo application.

The side marker are all cracked so I will just replace the complete set the one you see is half missing. But no dent there so who knows.

Well as for the Transmission it really shifting bad so I decided to adjust the shifter. Here are the Pictures of what I found.

Attachments

• fullshifter.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 180
  • bootoff.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 169
  • shifterboot.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 141
So I scraped and washed it for an hour then I poured WD40 on it as I shifter. After considerable washing shifting and very liberal applications of WD40 it shifts like a dream. Sorry no after photos though.

Attachments

• scummy trans.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 155
  • shifterboot.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 163
The dry desert dust and dirt. I can deal with that over any rust issues. WD is our friend.... Did the same with the push button shifter in my 63 Valiant. You got a winner !

-
Back