Just bought this Feather Duster $1500 Score

-
Where is that reverse light mounted? That's a trick little A. Some EFI and further lightening, and I bet you could really turn some numbers.

Good score. It would be nice to save the decal if you ever re-paint it. If it was Gold, it could be an Al Bundy car. The over-drive will help a lot with highway mileage.

Revers light in dash under heater controls normal placement . I have alway wanted to direct port a /6. Perhaps using a grand national ECU and add a little. GT35!!!! But first I'm just gonna tune her up and do some heavy clean up drive it to work check out what mileage it will produce. Of course that would mean changing to an 8 3/4 rear no weight savings there plus a very capable clutch no weight savings there front and rear sway bars wow it's getting heavier as I type.

:burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout:

Good score. It would be nice to save the decal if you ever re-paint it. If it was Gold, it could be an Al Bundy car. The over-drive will help a lot with highway mileage.

I found repos for the feather duster sticker from Phoenix graphix one of our vendors no strip like mine though thought that was weird. :wack:

On my feather duster the decklid was all steel and I could find no evidence of it being changed at some point. But I did notice that the side glass is thinner than the standard car glass. So that was also an area of weight savings.

What a find, I would have guessed that all fo them would be gone by now.I'm jealous.
Go over to slantsix.org for injection info. A guy did a Aspen with a Megasquirt computer and a Jeep throttle body.Drives it daily.Also some Clifford intakes have bungs cast in for injectors. His did.

Great Find. I miss my Duster it got great gas mileage fill it up and drive 2 weeks on it. That was before gas went over a $1.00 a gallon and had ethanol added.

On my feather duster the decklid was all steel and I could find no evidence of it being changed at some point. But I did notice that the side glass is thinner than the standard car glass. So that was also an area of weight savings.

Well, the aluminum inner structure was part of what made the option package.

So your car had the wrong one installed at the factory or it was changed. That's the idea when making body repairs..... "no evidence of it being changed" is a perfect repair.

Cool. Still has the "Feather" decal.

Can you post a pic of the shifter?

I found an o/d trans at a swap meet, and the seller swears it's from a truck.
Looks awful short, with a short shifter. I say A or F body.
He's probably right about the tranny being from a truck because Dodge made some "Miser" trucks in the 80s that had a slant 6 or 318 that had that 4 speed od trans. My buddy had one that we pulled the slant 6 out of and put a 360 in that was making about 400hp. Fun ride but he was afraid if he power shifted it would grenade the tranny. That tranny is interchangeable with an a or an f body since we compared it to my Duster trans that was still waiting to be installed. Also the shifter boot and bezel in those trucks are the same as an a or f body. Some of the trucks even had an under dash reverse light. (I have a boot/bezel and rev. light from a truck I got in a junkyard a few years ago)

The reason I questioned it is because of the short tailshaft and only one shifter mount, close to the front of the shaft.

The shifter is a different angle, though.

Sorry for the partial hijack.

My dads FD has a steel trunk lid as well. No weight savings at all there. Its only got 85k miles on it. Never been wrecked and I believe dad is the third owner. 100% factory.

So did a tune up plugs cap rotor runs much better gonna rebuild the carb and adjust the valves . take it to smog test Saturday . I drove it for about 8 miles drives okay wanders so I will check out the suspension Saturday .

Wow.....beautiful find and very nice score!! Those pedal pads look very low mileage too. I love getting cars in this kind of original shape, not to mention it's a factory 4-speed. Does anyone know what type of gears were installed in these cars? I'm curious.

These are very rare and cool. 76 in any A body is rare because they switched to the Volare and Aspen that year. Those things I read got close to 38 mpg on the highway! You could get it up and running and do a test and post it. Great find, I would love to get one myself.

As far a gears they are supposed to be 2.94s although a friend of mine says some had. 2.56 I will be rebuilding the carb and installing a new valve cover gasket after adjusting the valves. I will be checking the ratio in the morning.

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: holy crap Batman

Carb went smooth runs like new now.

Wow what a dirty PIIGGG under cover

Funny what a little condensation will do in 20 years removed the rockers vacuumed head scrapped valve cover wire brushed on grinder. I will get it smoged monday then add cleaner to tank drive for a week replace sending unit float and run engine an hour in driveway with AFT in stead of oil. Change filter and install new detergent oil for a month or so.

Attachments

• IMG_0561.JPG.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 423
  • IMG_0562.JPG.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_0563.JPG.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_0564.JPG.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 427
  • IMG_0565.JPG.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_0566.JPG.jpg