Just got another project.....but not an A-body

-

gdrill

I AM
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would share my latest find. It's a 1966 Coronet 440. I found this car about 15 or so years ago when I was hunting for 30's bodies. Didn't really even think about it until lately. All I could remember was it was a Coronet. I picked it up for $200! It came with a /6 auto, and the fellow told me he "loosened a rod". It has a 7 1/4" diff in it. All in all it is in pretty decent condition. The seats are shot due to the drivers window being open but the floors are amazingly near perfect. The only rust / hole is where the gas pedal mounts. The frame rails are good. The trunk is awesome with only light surface rust and a small hole on each wheel well. Outside it needs patches on the drivers fender and a new passenger fender would probably be the best path. The rear quarters are savable, but again replacing the drivers side would sure save some time. I have really been considering building a big block car, so this just may be it! Coronet 440....440 engine....hmmmmm, sounds right to me! :D
I found the build sheet, in about 9 pieces, but there is not one single mark on it. It is just a blank sheet!

Attachments

• IMG_1171.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,134
  • IMG_1172.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,111
  • IMG_1166.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,124
  • IMG_1169.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,120
You stole that for $200. That's a great way to start a project... not being in the hole to begin with!

I love those '66-'67 Coronets.

Wow George what a find. You find all the good deals up there dont ya?
What are your plans for this bad boy? 440 4 speed 8 3/4?

Thanx, ya I think the 440 and the diff are a given, but I'm not sure about the trans. I don't have either a 4spd or a 727, so it's kinda up in the air! I'll have to put some thought into it as I do the body, but I do have to say I'm lazy and like to just put it in gear and go!

I have a 66 Coronet that I have had for over 20 years and it is still in pieces. I keep buying other projects and putting them in front of it. I hope to get started on it in a couple years.

Me Like!! you should spend a few nights in jail for that steal gdrill :cheers:
Big block it stock, and enjoy an automatic for a great turn key driver :cheers:

man ,what a find,i love the coronets ,you didnt get a good deal on that you outright stole it admit it u stole it.lol

Wow! Congrats George. Kind'a agree with Memike. Let me know what they set the bail to get you out of jail!
That's one awsome find.
Keep us posted to what are the plans on this one.

Nice...... I had a 67 Coronet I bought a few years back for $250.00 and it was really solid.I sold it to help pay for my garage.I would love to have another one.

Well, you stole that one George!
Now i wish i could have went with you guys to get it.
It's even got the buffed silver paint on it!
(Needs a little buffing though)
What a score!

MMMM hey Gorge you forgot to mention the look on your wifes face when we back the car into the shop? lol BUT HONEY I GOT IT FOR 200 BUCKS?? LOL
This will make a great project and not that hard to get parts for. I will find out about the 2 440 auto's that are for sale and we will go check them out.
On a side note the lady you bought the car from said she bought the car in 1976 and drove it till 1978 (rod loosing event) and has been sitting for 35 years!!!! good luck RJ

very very cool......even with a slanty its cool ....thats just different and cool when a B-body has a slanty

Thanx all! I am pretty excited about it, the more I look at it the better it looks. Here's the tag, maybe someone can decode the green color for me.
Oh and bail....the arresting officer is a Mopar fan, so he just wants a ride when it's on the road!!

Attachments

• IMG_1169.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 924
Man, that's a full-on score you can tell your friends over and over just to drive 'em crazy! "Did I ever tell you how much I paid for it?" until their eyes roll back in their sockets! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

That's my close second favorite B-body. '67 Coronet is my 1st. Way to go, man.....

-
Back