Just Got Layed Off

-
Hell, I'd join you in that venture! Sounds like fun!

Not to mention that those pithy little geek squad bugs would quake in terror from the "Intelligents" imposing V8's of doom.

Edit: Just saw your reply. I'll drop a few lines with my old IBM contacts, see what I can find for ya.

Other than that, craigslist!

Hehehe, feel like running down some VWs in our Mopars? lol! 4 liter Jeeps or v8 mopars or we won't hire 'em :-D

Good luck,and keep your chin up I know it will be hard to do that.You likly deserve a breat anyway.:cheers:

Honestly, I do desperately need a break. We were on call 24/7 and I spent my last Saturday answering emergency calls. I was on salary (slavery) due to a fk up the last company my company had aquired had made.

I believe they are hiring in the IT dept there also, and I have a extra bedroom in my house, 15x20, the previous owner made the bonus room into 2 bedrooms.

I already have two dogs, fox terriers, and a 100X60 fenced back yard, if they are outside dogs.

That is quite the generous offer and I thank you so much for it. Good sized room too. I fear that all my tools, the duster project, the ramcharger and the Jeep would be too much for most anyone to handle 'till I got on my feet again. Not to mention Merlin, he's 100 lbs now and Maxi at 70 lbs. Merlin is great with other dogs but Maxi will not be so hot with another female dog. Merlin can get over a 4' fence easy too. They dig too.... I have been able to control it by dropping their poop in the hole and covering it back up.

They are fine outside as long as it's not too cold (below freezing). If it's below freezing I don't keep them out for more than hour. Maxi's got a pretty thick coat but Merlin doesn't.

Again, the cost relocating may prevent this from happening. The RC can tow quite a big trailer but I'd have to make a few trips.

Oh, I live in Lynnwood, about a mile away from Alderwood mall, and about 2 miles or so from bothell and Thrashers corner if you know the area.

let me know if you are interested, i will have my wife check into it.

Thanks again rp23, let's see what happens here. Breaking a lease sucks.

Sorry to hear the bad news bud, I just finish off a bacon grilled cheese sandwich so I would say its time for a cold one.
I sure hope you and your friends will have plenty to eat and stay warm.
Just one minute please :cool:

Went to the fridge and opened a cold one for you and I hold my drink high for you and hope you will find employment soon.:drinkers:

I just took this picture for you Joe, Keep your spirits high and I will look far and wide for you.

pm me when you run out of rum or dog food. with your address hehe.
one question what does Dfns mean.:dontknow::-D

Cheers to you my friend!! I think a toast to New Beginnings and Old Friends is in order! :cheers:

Dfns was the poster from HI who said I might be able to catch up with your post number. Impossible!! lol! 8)

Thank you for your offer of help, let's just hope it doesn't get to that point. :angry7:

man I'm sorry to that. But I know what you mean. My wife had a car wreck Sept 2007. The insurance still has not settled with us. We went 12 months with no pay check from her and makes a lot more than me. Our credit is in the toilet. She is back working now. I will pray that you get another job soon, and you can weather the storm.

Sorry to hear about your job loss Joe. Sometimes things just happen for the best, although that would be difficult to see right now, but down the road, who knows? Maybe head of IT somewhere? Or, as you said, your own business? Good luck.

No sweat Ramcharger, I do have a 3 car garage and a 4 car driveway, even though the third spot in the garage isnt long enough for anything thanks to the stairs, hey, theres a project.

Does that poop in the hole method really work??

I am also a systems engineer for Decision one. Decision one was hiring in many cities check their web site to see if they have any thing for you in yours. Decision One is a sub for IBM and Sun as well as many other computer vendors and service companies. I know that they hired 12 people in different cities in the last two weeks. The ad usually says SUN Micro engineer but they really need HP server people. Just remeber where ever you go their is still no safe place in IT right now. Good Luck

Sorry to hear that ramcharger. Don't know what they do, but a company moved in next door to my work by the name of Amergent in Colorado Springs. Quick google turned up this
Amergent | Home
Servicing non-profit database management and direct response fundraising needs.
www.amergent.com/ - 19k - Cached - Similar pages

They have hired a bunch of peoples lately so you might want to research them and see what they are all about. I bought one of those digital converters and have no cable. If I get laid off, I won't have anything left to cut.

sorry to hear,, good luck in your search,,,

Thank you fstfish, I'll bust my *** and do whatever it takes. :cheers: BTW, that supercharged Cuda always floats my boat and is one hell of an inspiration. :cheers: Ever had that the strip?

Really sorry to hear that, way too much of that going on these days. You have a lot of skills so I have no doubt you'll land on your feet in no time, best of luck. Wish I was there to see the look on their faces when you asked for your slinky, is there anything you need, yeah my slinky, uh ok :scratch: :-D

LOL! Yeah, they actually mentioned it before I did as everyone in the office came to play with it. Like I said before, I was in shock. Some people would think "What am I going to do?". I thought "How am I going to support my dogs?". I was literally shaking. Here's a 43 year old man who has a looked a wolf in the eye, drag raced motorcycles and what truly scared me was loosing my job. I've been shot at, nearly stabbed twice, my right eye socket broken, nearly frozen to death in -40F weather on a ill fated cross-country ski trip and been lost hunting but losing my job reduces me to jello. I don't get it.

Yeah Ramcharger, my dogs new something was wrong also when i got laid off, somehow they know.

Let me know if you need a place to stay if you decide to interview out here.

Yep, they just know. Thank you so much rp. I do truly appreciate it. :cheers: Careful what what you offer. I may take you up on it. :-D

Quote wrote by ramcharger :toothy10: a slinky sewed to the top of his hat, holding a Snap-On mug and a sign saying "Will work for dog food" a break? lol!

Do I see a writing job in you future Joe. 8):-k:drinkers:
Four wheelin, Mopar or even Play Boy :cheers:

I could only be so lucky as to make some bread as a writer. I was told by two of my professors that I had talent back in college. One (a hot blond Mormon), was trying to get me to convert so I figured that she had ulterior motives and never persued the possibility....

Feeling a little toasty now. 8)

Sorry to hear this,keep your chin up enjoy your time off hopefully something better comes along...

No Problem, i got a place if you need somewhere to stay if you get a interview out here or a new job. Just let me know.

man I'm sorry to that. But I know what you mean. My wife had a car wreck Sept 2007. The insurance still has not settled with us. We went 12 months with no pay check from her and makes a lot more than me. Our credit is in the toilet. She is back working now. I will pray that you get another job soon, and you can weather the storm.

Thanks duckbuster! A storm it is, but I feel that God does not close a door without opening another. I am a God fearing man, no doubt, but I am sure that if I do it right, he will show me the way. I don't believe in pre-destiny, and that it is up to the individual to make the best of whatever situation is thrown their way, but if that person tries to live according to the real law, the "Ten Commandments", that He will help.

I'm sorry to hear of your wife's wreck and I hope to Goodness that she is recovering well. Nothing can take the place of a persons heath and well-being. Thank you for your prayers and my prayers are off for your wife as well. :)

Sorry to hear about your job loss Joe. Sometimes things just happen for the best, although that would be difficult to see right now, but down the road, who knows? Maybe head of IT somewhere? Or, as you said, your own business? Good luck.

Thanks Vart! Everything happens for a reason, I just got to get past today and start kickin' some butt and showing that I can "Take Care of Busness" for whatever company hires me next.

No sweat Ramcharger, I do have a 3 car garage and a 4 car driveway, even though the third spot in the garage isnt long enough for anything thanks to the stairs, hey, theres a project.

Does that poop in the hole method really work??

The poop in the hole works every time and I heard it from Mullinax first. Try it and please give him the credit. :)

Shoot, I'll fix the stairs and anything else that needs fixing. I can also do electrical!

I am also a systems engineer for Decision one. Decision one was hiring in many cities check their web site to see if they have any thing for you in yours. Decision One is a sub for IBM and Sun as well as many other computer vendors and service companies. I know that they hired 12 people in different cities in the last two weeks. The ad usually says SUN Micro engineer but they really need HP server people. Just remeber where ever you go their is still no safe place in IT right now. Good Luck

Thanks Caxey, I'll look into it!

Sorry to hear that ramcharger. Don't know what they do, but a company moved in next door to my work by the name of Amergent in Colorado Springs. Quick google turned up this
Amergent | Home
Servicing non-profit database management and direct response fundraising needs.
www.amergent.com/ - 19k - Cached - Similar pages

They have hired a bunch of peoples lately so you might want to research them and see what they are all about. I bought one of those digital converters and have no cable. If I get laid off, I won't have anything left to cut.

Done Deal! Thanks for the info!:cheers:

I can fix that! lol!

The gal I worked with was from W Washington. She got canned too and I never got her number. Cool chick. Just got divorced a week earlier and said she had bad feeling this morning....

I have been trying to make time to re-do the railing for so long. The spot it 17 feet long.

The Scamp is 17.5 feet long, my sons Monte Carlo when it was there is 17.75 feet long, the Explorer is 16.75, but the receiver for the trailer hitch makes it 17.5. grrrr

I have been trying to make time to re-do the railing for so long. The spot it 17 feet long.

The Scamp is 17.5 feet long, my sons Monte Carlo when it was there is 17.75 feet long, the Explorer is 16.75, but the receiver for the trailer hitch makes it 17.5. grrrr

Dang! It's really that long? I gotta measure the Duster.

Sorry to hear it. Hang in there, things will get better.

Thank you and yes, I will hang in! Whatever it takes. :)

I truly hope for the sake of their family that no one tries to rip me off today in any way shape or form. I will beat them to death with a hickory axe handle, fk the guns. I catch anyone trying to break my vehicle windows....... I want blood.

Taking from me right now will result in unwanted pain.

Toast away :drinkers::drinkers::drinkers: me toasted :-D

Hang in Ram.............Joy comes in the mornin'.............This too will pass..........There's a new day dawnin'..........(and a dozen other cliche's).

With your level head and resolve, you're gonna find a great job out there.

We're pullin' for ya'. :cheers:

Toast away :drinkers::drinkers::drinkers: me toasted :-D

Thanks Mike! And another toast to all good working men! I'm on my third mug. 8)

Hang in Ram.............Joy comes in the mornin'.............This too will pass..........There's a new day dawnin'..........(and a dozen other cliche's).

With your level head and resolve, you're gonna find a great job out there.

We're pullin' for ya'. :cheers:

Thank you Pastortom! I try to be level, but for Pete's sake, tonight is not a good night to steal from me. Or to even try to. I have my black taped axe handle close.....

You never mentioned if you were truly a Pastor or not, either way, I imagine that you are a God fearing man yourself. I fear God, no man, dog, or wolf. I am just a humble servant of God. What he wants will be done, and that's the truth. Whether it be I lose my life as servant of his or take a life to save a life or lose my own. It's up to Him. :)

In the mean time I'll bust my butt to provide for myself and my dogs. :cheers:

I am also looking at the possibility of a lay off.
The company I work for, Danka, was purchased by Konica Minolta.
This was supposed to be a great thing. 60 days ago.

Since then it has been requested that I turn in my territory management sheet information, customer base and machines in field.

I also requested from marketing a $200.00 expense to have a booh at our local business Expo. Denied! .......Whaaatt!!!

I also requested a Konica Copier unit for my office instead of the ole Danka Toshiba. That is what I now sell.
Denied! ...........Whhaaatt!

My area is profetable, and when I bring these requests up to my VP, If he ever calls me back or responds to my e-mails, I know he is not being truthful.

Its that felling in my gut!

Corporate America.

I am feeling out other income avenues. I will not quit however.

Good luck ramcharger.

Have a Great day!

Ken

RAM and MeMike----DeFeNSMaN...I played hockey as a kid...well still do..yes there is ICE in hawaii!

looks like you got some good support here...Ram...don't forget that!

Aloha!

I am also looking at the possibility of a lay off.
The company I work for, Danka, was purchased by Konica Minolta.
This was supposed to be a great thing. 60 days ago.

Since then it has been requested that I turn in my territory management sheet information, customer base and machines in field.

I also requested from marketing a $200.00 expense to have a booh at our local business Expo. Denied! .......Whaaatt!!!

I also requested a Konica Copier unit for my office instead of the ole Danka Toshiba. That is what I now sell.
Denied! ...........Whhaaatt!

My area is profetable, and when I bring these requests up to my VP, If he ever calls me back or responds to my e-mails, I know he is not being truthful.

Its that felling in my gut!

Corporate America.

I am feeling out other income avenues. I will not quit however.

Good luck ramcharger.

Have a Great day!

Ken

Things are not good men, And I think we new this a year ago.
if not two.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.I also have been working on/off now off again for 2 weeks.I,ve only worked 4 weeks in 14(Auto industry)Things are going to be picking up for us at Ford,Oakville(Ontario,Canada)With a new model Lincoln MKT,7 passenger 3.7 eco-boost turbo.That will make 4 different vehicles at our plant.Hope things start to pick-up everywhere!

-
Back