Just looked at the price of Gerst suspension

-
Holy cow.

lol.. it was never inexpensive...,

i used to laugh when people went that route instead of the alter-k because it was so much cheaper (or so they thought).. it was cheaper, but not by much and it was only cheaper because it used lesser parts to make it cheaper..

lol.. it was never inexpensive...,

i used to laugh when people went that route instead of the alter-k because it was so much cheaper (or so they thought).. it was cheaper, but not by much and it was only cheaper because it used lesser parts to make it cheaper..
I have a friend who got a 72 Duster and he was looking around.I told him about a Gerst and I guess with inflation its over 5200 now

Last edited:
Have you looked at a Schwartz A-body chassis? Nearly $11,000 before you add any options. $25k nicely appointed.

If it's for handling, first try putting about $1500 into the factory suspension and see how that works. I have about that much in my Duster, maybe more maybe less but damn every time I get in and drive it I'm amazed at how glued to the road it feels. It feels like a big go-kart, but the ride is still pretty good (and my shocks are basically non-existent to boot).

Although tbh the wheels and tires made the biggest difference, if I include the cost of those then I technically have more like $2500 in it. WELL worth it.

If it's for clearance for a big engine and/or headers then yeah coilover front end conversion is the only way to go.

This is the most information-free thread to come along in quite a while.

-
Back