Just scored a Super Six and matching trans

-
That's just badass. I sure would like to know where to get the blower setup and brackets.

what do you have goin on in there jr,.........looks like a 170 with a deck/head that has been cut. a blower with higher compression??:scratch:

Beats the hell outta me. I have a folder on my hard drive that is packed full of slant pics and info. I know nothing about the motor but I would love to put it in a go kart!:snakeman:

I certainly don't disagree with you; slant-6s and boost go well together for all the reasons you say. But I regard the naturally-aspirated \6 as…I donno, call it "less hopeless" than it sounds like you do for high-perf applications.

Oh, I don't think there's anything "hopeless" about a well-built, normally-aspirated /6... I'm not so sure you can get 250 horsepower out of one, but I would LOVE to be proven wrong about that!

There is a guy in SoCal with a Black Gen. I Valiant that is running some REALLY quick numbers with his normally-aspirated 225, but he has gone to great lengths (SMART!!!) to lighten the chassis, and the car only weighs about 2,300 pounds. I really admire the way that car runs; just wish I could remember his name!!! Hope our car leaves the line as well as that one does!!!!

Forced induction is not the easiest thing. and if I had a /6 "street-car" and just wanted a 14 second ride, I might go the normally-aspirated route for simplicity's sake,but we need to be realistic about the limitations imposed when the only thing filling the cylinders is atmospheric pressure. Even 7 pounds of boost works magic on these motors, and you could probably run 7 pounds of boost on a stock shortblock and head with no problems if you were careful with the ignition timing and added a meth/water injector.

The next turbo motor I build will have a stock exhaust manifold with a turbo mounting flange welded to the manifold outlet. This engin we are putting together, now, has an elaborate, expensive-to-build header that I thought was necessary at the time, but now, I am not so sure. It cost us a cool thousand dollars to create that header (no kidding!), and that money could have gone for something else, such as a better cylinder head if we'd just used the stock manifold, instead. One day, I may do a bask-to-back test of the two exhaust systems to see if we threw our money away. I'm very curious about that.:read2:

We live, and learn!

And that would be me,,Known as Moto Guzzi Mark,running all motor chop top 62 valiant.Car runs 7.20s at 94 mph in the 1/8th,and 11.50 at 115mph in the 1/4.From doing alot of calculations I am pretty sure I am right around 275 rear wheel hp.Guzzi Mark

And that would be me,,Known as Moto Guzzi Mark,running all motor chop top 62 valiant.Car runs 7.20s at 94 mph in the 1/8th,and 11.50 at 115mph in the 1/4.From doing alot of calculations I am pretty sure I am right around 275 rear wheel hp.Guzzi Mark

Mark, your car FLIES!!! I watch that video over and over again wherein you thoroughly embarrass the driver of that yellow Corvette!!!

A lot of folks on here would love to get a look at that engine, and read the specs. It leaves like a rocket ship; GREAT 60-foots...

Can you share with us what makes that ALL MOTOR car so damned fast????

Curious minds want to know....8)

IIRC the Nascrap Mopars were all 4 doors............adding insult to injury to the other brands!:cheers:

Never knew THAT!!! That's really funny...:read2:

Just think how much faster those Valiants would have been if they' all had 225's in them...

Never knew THAT!!! That's really funny...:read2:

Just think how much faster those Valiants would have been if they' all had 225's in them...

At the time there was no 2 door Valiants. There was a cubic inch limit of 170. Not much info available online about that type of racing.

The 170 Ford had a head and intake cast as 1 piece. I wonder what their induction looked like?

At the time there was no 2 door Valiants. There was a cubic inch limit of 170. Not much info available online about that type of racing.

The 170 Ford had a head and intake cast as 1 piece. I wonder what their induction looked like?

It was like a 1.5" diameter log made onto the head that ran almost it's entire length with a two bolt carburetor flange in the middle. There were literally no runners as the "intake" was slam up against the head. There were just holes comin outta the log going into each intake port. lol

Like this:

Attachments

• FORD HEAD.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 232
Will post pics and specs thursday,and a pic of the turtle I am installing.Will start a new thread..Guzzi car engine pics....Dont want to high jack this thread.Guzzi Mark

Will post pics and specs thursday,and a pic of the turtle I am installing.Will start a new thread..Guzzi car engine pics....Dont want to high jack this thread.Guzzi Mark

Yeah and while you're at it, why don't you post your engine secrets like I pm'ed you about? Twice. lol

-
Back