just wanted to show off my new 64 dart

-

jw97neon

Reaction score
just picked this up. runs and drives. it will replace my 65 dart project only due to less body work needed. plus i kinda really dig the 64 front and rear ends.

Beautiful car!! I almost bought one about 4 years ago.

Fella here in town has two of them sitting by his barn out in the country. He has too much sentimental attachment syndrome to talk price and they don't run or haven't in last 25 years or so..

I'm sorry I ever sold mine.Great score !! Looks very solid.

Score! Congrats man. Looks like a nice one! tmm

Yes, congrats, I'd be wanting to show off such a nicely kept '64, love the hood on those too. There was a thread recently where a member buffed out the original paint on a '62 Lancer, I bet you could bring the shine back on yours if you want to.

Thanks guys it has been resprayed once. Not a perfect job but that is why I wanted it. As far as I can tell the metal is solid. My build is all suspension, motor, some interior work. I have a 2012 5.7 Hemi that is getting a forged build done that will be ging in it. As much as I would love to keep the 65. I have limited funds and my k member money went towards this car.

Looks real clean. I have to agree the 64 is the best looking of the early Darts.

I really do like 65's hence buying one. But this 64 fell into my lap and I couldn't be happier about it. The plan is a forged built 5.7 Hemi with boost. I have my engine already. Came from a 2012 ram. The engine I tore down and is ready go to the machine shop. It is getting a coil over k member setup. I have been talking with Denny about using one of his if it will work with a gen 3 Hemi. I am going to sell my 65 now to help get some of money back that I have been putting away for my front end. Little by little it will get built.

I think the easiest upgrade that makes a big visual difference is 14" or larger wheels. You can find SBP sets affordably since everyone goes BBP, or there are new SBP alloy wheels for ~$170 ea. But, think long-term if you want BBP. Also, consider future disks, since may require 15" wheels.

I really like this early A Body :color: Simplicity with great style :cheers:
congratulations on this find, I bet we hear more about this cool Dart :glasses7:

I think the easiest upgrade that makes a big visual difference is 14" or larger wheels. You can find SBP sets affordably since everyone goes BBP, or there are new SBP alloy wheels for ~$170 ea. But, think long-term if you want BBP. Also, consider future disks, since may require 15" wheels.

I bought a pair of 15x7 small bolt rallys from a member here and put them on the back of my 66. It made quite a difference in the look and attitude of the car. Here's a before and after.

Attachments

• 10 5 05002.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 439
  • 015 (3).jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 414
Great looking 66. I can not wait to put bigger wheels on my car. I have a 8.8 with 373 gears and a limited slip sitting in my garage for it. Best thing it is a bbp already with dish brakes. I would pick up a set of sbp wheels for it but hate speeding money twice. Reading all these replies just makes me want to get it going sooner. I can not wait.

Great find. Really nice car.

Curious about the 5.7 Hemi. Are you installing it with the modern computerized system or a carb solution with it? What tranny will you be using?

Very cool project.

-
Back