K/h disc brakes lower ball joint issue

-
Reaction score
I have a set of Kelsey Hayes disc brakes . However I am having a difficult time finding the correct lower ball joints for this set up. The parts stores keep giving me the lower ball joints with 1/2” mounting holes and I need the 9/16” mounting holes. Does anyone have a correct part number and brand name to use as a reference ?

Lower ball joint holes too small for my Kelsey Hayes spindle bolts.

Wasn't this discussed by you, in the other forum?
What happened to looking up the numbers in Rock Auto?

Then, just drill out the mounting holes to 9/16 inch.
No big deal, don't loose any sleep over it, not going to hurt anything.
Why make a mountain out of a mole hill??

Last edited:
I looked them up in rock auto however they are at least 14 business days behind on that part order.
Then why not take those part number(s) over to your parts store, wherever your buying from, and have them get you the correct ones.
Sounds to me whoever your getting them from, has them mix boxed from the get go.
Order another brand, and see what you get.
Sounds simple enough.

Then why not take those part number(s) over to your parts store, wherever your buying from, and have them get you the correct ones.
Sounds to me whoever your getting them from, has them mix boxed from the get go.
Order another brand, and see what you get.
Sounds simple enough.

Well I just sold a complete KH set up off a 72 340 4speed Duster and they had the smaller bolts. I am also furbishing a 73-76 A-body BB disc brake set up. They have the larger bolt and nuts. I think you have the later spindles.

Well I just sold a complete KH set up off a 72 340 4speed Duster and they had the smaller bolts. I am also furbishing a 73-76 A-body BB disc brake set up. They have the larger bolt and nuts. I think you have the later spindles.
If that is the case will I still be able to use the upper control arms and outer tie rod ends or will I need to use 73-76 ones?

Ok then why am I having so much trouble finding the correct lower ball joints?
Ok, i'm going to say this, not to get you pissed off at me, or think that i'm coming across as a jerk, here with you.
I have given you my help, others have given you help, and yet you seem to be stubborn in taking the help that has been given to you.
You seem the only one that is ever having trouble in obtaining lower ball joints drilled out for 9/16 inch bolts.
They are not hard to find, come across, purchase.
What brand ball joints are you trying to buy anyway?
You got the part numbers for the Moog ball joint already, so see if they cross reference to any other manufactures number.
What parts store in your city are you going to?
Go to another store, order up another brand.
Or do this.
Just drill out your new ones to 9/16 inch, and be done with it.
That's what lots of people do when their Drum brake ball joints are in good shape, when converting to the Kelsey Hayes, 4 piston caliper, disc brakes.

Your really making a mountain out of this mole hill, by just drilling them out to 9/16 inch.
After all the only thing different in the ball joint is the bolt hole diameter being drilled in it, by the manufacturer.

If it is the later spindles your early UCA ball joint stud will be to small. That would be a good way for you to find out if that is what you have.

2 identical threads and no pics?
"2 weeks behind" ?
You've heard what's going on right?
Someone even did you the favor of part #'s in your first thread.
Sure, if you wan't to go that route, without exchanging them for the proper, correct ones.

MOOG K7023 {Click Info Button for Alternate/OEM Part Numbers}
Front Left Lower; Front Disc brakes
MOOG K7021 {Click Info Button for Alternate/OEM Part Numbers}
Front Right Lower; Front Disc brakes

I have a set of Kelsey Hayes disc brakes . However I am having a difficult time finding the correct lower ball joints for this set up. The parts stores keep giving me the lower ball joints with 1/2” mounting holes and I need the 9/16” mounting holes. Does anyone have a correct part number and brand name to use as a reference ?
Look for a 72 duster with disc brakes. I I am not mistaken the ball joint for those brakes is unique.

-
Back