K- member and Front Suspension

-

mismy69swinger

Reaction score
which one you all think is better I only have heard of one that magumn force makes but I think others are out there and do you really think its worth the money oh and what about the cross member in the front dose adding that help?

If you want an aftermarket front suspension setup go with either RMS alterKation (RMS also offers a setup called Streetlynx) or Hotchkis TVS (this one does the whole car) setup.

Or you could contact Denny here on A bodies and pay 2/3 of the others and get a better setup
Andrew

What are your goals for your car. For a street driver you can do a lot with the factory setup. Firm feel sells reinforced factory original k-members for many mopars.

I really think the best bet is to reinforce the stock K-member, add subframe connectors, and set the car up with 1" torsion bars, sway bars, good shocks, and some modern performance tires (NOT bfg t/a's). Probably have to go 17" rims to get decent tires in a good width/profile. With offset bushings, boxed lower control arms, and adjustable strut rods you can dial the alignment in. You can also upgrade to the later 11 3/4" mopar rotors if you've got (or get) '73 up spindles, it's a fairly cheap upgrade as its all stock parts and uses the same stock calipers. You just have to find the larger caliper brackets.

With the right set up, the "stock" suspension can handle just as well as pretty much all the aftermarket replacement stuff out there (ie, close to 1G on the skid pad). There was recently a comparison between a modern SRT Challenger and the Hotchkis TVS '70 Challenger, the TVS car pulled better numbers on the skid pan and beat out the SRT in a couple of handling tests. It wasn't far behind in the categories it "lost", and considering the changes in technology, that's pretty impressive.

For ease of installation and part sourcing, the Hotchkis TVS kit is hard to beat. But for the most part, you can piece together a very similar set up for less money.

What are your goals for your car. For a street driver you can do a lot with the factory setup. Firm feel sells reinforced factory original k-members for many mopars.

i called him he said he was to busy to do that anymore i asled him to do mine.

I would look at firm feel. I have an RMS on my cuda and its a great system but it is a bit expensive. I am going to do a firm feel setup on my b body and compare.

i called him he said he was to busy to do that anymore i asled him to do mine.

Interesting. Web site still advertises it as a service...

It's not all that hard to do if you can weld. I TIG welded one for my EL5 dart and MIG welded one for another project. All you're doing is welding all the seams and going over the stock welds where needed, plus boxing the steering box mount and reinforcing the LCA pivots and strut rod mounts. The pictures on the Firm Feel site basically show you everything that should be done. I did the second one in a couple days, welding on it on and off and making all the plates to box the steering mount.

For an aftermarket coil over suspension system, RMS hands down. I may be biased, but I have one.

On my 68 Cuda, I did the entire stock system design with all new upgrades similar to the hotchkis setup. I feel there can be more improvements..

Around $1500 for the K frame, UCAs &LCAs and a parts list to complete the front suspension.
Andrew

Attachments

• 2012-04-21_12-45-40_469.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 556
Interesting. Web site still advertises it as a service...

It's not all that hard to do if you can weld. I TIG welded one for my EL5 dart and MIG welded one for another project. All you're doing is welding all the seams and going over the stock welds where needed, plus boxing the steering box mount and reinforcing the LCA pivots and strut rod mounts. The pictures on the Firm Feel site basically show you everything that should be done. I did the second one in a couple days, welding on it on and off and making all the plates to box the steering mount.

i know right i was excited but he told me all he dose is sale the skid plate and washers and rebuilds the boxes

For an aftermarket coil over suspension system, RMS hands down. I may be biased, but I have one.

On my 68 Cuda, I did the entire stock system design with all new upgrades similar to the hotchkis setup. I feel there can be more improvements..

wow nice work!!

i cant even get on rms web site

its working now...

looks like they are doing upgrades to it....

We are currently performing a large software upgrade, please excuse the mess while we make the site even better.
Use the contact link above to contact us in the meantime. Thanks!

better off calling and talking to bill personally..

their contact info:
Our Daily Hours Are 9am - 5pm Eastern Time.
Phone - 570-443-7440
Our Current Mailing/Shipping Address is:

Reilly MotorSports, Inc.
2323 White Haven Rd.
White Haven, PA. 18661

Also Feel Free To EMAIL US Anytime.

-
Back