kevco vs milodon

-

345man2

Reaction score
building a 416 with ported eddies and solid roller which pan would you all recommend the kevco six quart or the milodon 8 quart, what is your opinion:D

Milodon lo pro #30936. Between those two brands.

30936.GIF

I put a Kevco on my 408 and it worked out great. I've used the Milodon on engines too and it's a great pan also. I'd say it depends on what driving style you do. I can see where the extra 2 qts. of oil the Milodon holds could be better for a race car but for a street car, even one that sees some strip time, I don't think you can go wrong with a Kevco. JMHO

I love the milodon pro touring pan. I purchased a kevko once and returned it. I didnt care for the quality of the welds at the time.

kevco six quart or the milodon 8 quart

i haven't used either. but the guys i know running the kevco pan seem to really like it. the threads i've seen on the milodon pro touring pan it seems that everyone has issues getting it installed. once on i guess its ok but looks like a real ***** to get on and on right.

I'm going with the Kevco on my 408 build right now. One thing that I really like about the Kevco is how the pick up is attached to the pump cover and you do not have to use the pipe thread style tube.

Ted

will either of these pans work with hooker supercomp 5204 headers? what about the canton 15-900 or 910 pans?

will either of these pans work with hooker supercomp 5204 headers? what about the canton 15-900 or 910 pans?

The kevco will work with 5204's. You need to pay attention to the upper sight plug if using them. I couldn't get that plug out. I think if you trimmed the plug extension off it may come out.

I decided to run a dipstick instead.

Milodon was a pain to get into my 68 fish with scattershield and flowtech headers. We had a short time to work, so we actually notched out the K frame to get the pan through...

The pan I used was the M-301 or 302

I have an M101 or 102 if anyone is looking for one with the kickout.

thanks for the info guys if it makes a difference the block is going to have the oil mods done so it will have plenty of pressure, didn know if I would need the extra compacity or not plus kevco has a scraper and milodon doesnt:blob:

The Kevko scraper is pretty generic, you'd have to modify it to get it to really work as it should.

The Kevko has better oil control devices than the 8 qt milodon, thats just a deep sump drag race pan. Do check the Kevko pan for slag and sharp edges, the one I bought was a little rough. Not that anything would leak, but it took a little cleaning up before I was happy with it.

The Milodon road race pan is a thing of beauty. But that's not the one the OP was talking about if I read it right.

Have a Kevko on my 408 with 1 7/8 tti's......no issues, no clearance problems even with stock K member! I would have liked a little more capacity. If I ever really get into a lot of racing, I would probably have Charlie's build a custom unit.

I went with a kevko in my swinger, only because I didnt want to alter my K frame or cut the corner off of a brand new pan to make it fit. Would have prefered a Milodon pro touring pan but didn't want to spend the $ @ the time. Im happy with my Kevko. Turn my 340 up to 7000 with no oiling issues

Oh one other thing I like about the milodon road race pan, it's big enough to hold all the stuff I have in my bottom end and not have oil interference. I have a stud girdle and a crank scraper (both up and down stroke).

:Dsounds good may I have found a good deal on a molodon but if it falls through kevco here I come, would a craper be necessary on a stroker motor just wondering

I have 2 Kevco pans and wouldn't run anything else.

I went with the Milidon #30940 profile street & stip pan. 8 3/4 deep and Holds 8 qts. Hope the clearance issues with the K frame are minimal.

-
Back