Kevko sale- anyone used this pan?

-
So I pulled the trigger on it and it arrived a few days later, just getting around to posting about it. Overall looks pretty nice, but it's either bare metal or some kind of zinc coating? I figured it would come painted black like the web pics, but it's all good as I'm planning on painting it orange anyway. The pickup looks to be a nice piece too, it's a 5/8" i.d. tube.
Trap doors move freely. Welds aren't spectacular but overall I'm sure it'll do the job.

20211205_141431.jpg

20211205_141458.jpg

20211205_141359.jpg

20211205_141350.jpg

20211205_141341.jpg

Looks pretty nice! Could you snap a pic with the windage tray out? Curious how it looks below it. Thanks

Same. Mine is just the black version. Not the prettiest thing on the planet but no issues at all with it in 15 years. I would buy another.
Is this the pan you used on your 408? Will it work with my 408 build in my 70 Swinger 340? 1998 408 stroker with the TTI step headers. No PS or PB. I greatly appreciate your time. Keep flying your company flag. The motors up here in the PNW are considered spendy, but worth every dime. Paul.

Is this the pan you used on your 408? Will it work with my 408 build in my 70 Swinger 340? 1998 408 stroker with the TTI step headers. No PS or PB. I greatly appreciate your time. Keep flying your company flag. The motors up here in the PNW are considered spendy, but worth every dime. Paul.
My personal 408 has one of these yes. BPE used to use them years ago, but now we just use a stock pan. (No windage or horsepower difference in our dyno testing) I would rather offer it with a stock pan and keep the retail price $400 lower. And someone can change the pan if they want.

Last edited:
My person 408 has one of these yes. BPE used to use them years ago, but now we just use a stock pan. (No windage or horsepower difference in our dyno testing) I would rather offer it with a stock pan and keep the retail price $400 lower. And someone can change the pan if they want.
Dude, your opinion just went up 10 points in my book! My car is 90% street driven, so I don't need the extra oil, but the pan looks cool. I'll put a stock volume pan and pickup so I don't have any additional clearance problems with my brakes, and standard steering. Respect sent from an old man.

That just occurred to me last week .
It should have been obvious to me since all my dirtbikes are set up that way .
Not always....many dirt track classes require an "inspection plug" to check for hi buck rods, etc.

-
Back