Kevko sale- anyone used this pan?

-
I have their 6-qt version on my 408 and their "stock" 340 pan on my 340. Both came very clean inside and out. So I'm a fan!!

I have their 6-qt version on my 408 and their "stock" 340 pan on my 340. Both came very clean inside and out. So I'm a fan!!
Same. Mine is just the black version. Not the prettiest thing on the planet but no issues at all with it in 15 years. I would buy another.

Good pans have a 6 quart on mine as well, great baffles and trap doors to stop the slosh under hard throttle or breaking. Make sure you get the pick up aswell . With mine I needed to heat and bend the tube in its right spot as the support didn’t line up properly on the main stud.

E9DC6D8D-63CF-4AE4-97D2-2EB8C5D22401.jpeg

0BA7F2AF-B2ED-4C9D-AFA8-802CF89DEAA4.jpeg

18028D2C-4C90-4802-A323-112F55A18DBA.jpeg

I ordered an m301 oil pan. They sent the m302 pan.
After customs and shipping to canada.
I called to return it.
I had to pay to ship it back

Then i get another m302 pan.
After customs and shipping to Canada again.

I called to notify them of their mistake.
I get the "ship it back statement"
So i paid again to ship it back.

Third time i get the correct pan. After customs and all the shipping charges. I should of just thrown the first one in the garbage and cut my losses.

I have it installed on my 340 stroker now and can say it looked good, but i would not deal with them again.

Good pans have a 6 quart on mine as well, great baffles and trap doors to stop the slosh under hard throttle or breaking. Make sure you get the pick up aswell .

Did it clear your girdle ok with the built-in scraper and windage tray?

Does anyone have anything bad to say or seen elsewhere about the “quality” of the Kevco pans? We ordered an extra capacity Milodon pan for a 360 we’re building and after inspecting the thing ended up sending it back as the welds and overall appearance was less than impressive. Sloppy, and one of the baffles interfered with the pickup tube. Anyone have some good clear closeup pics of these Kevcos, what they actually received vs. what their website shows?

yes i posted a picture of the pan they sent me. they did refund my money i'll give them that but i couldn't believe being in the bussiness of making oil pans and you would send such a pos out to a customer

Does anyone have anything bad to say or seen elsewhere about the “quality” of the Kevco pans? We ordered an extra capacity Milodon pan for a 360 we’re building and after inspecting the thing ended up sending it back as the welds and overall appearance was less than impressive. Sloppy, and one of the baffles interfered with the pickup tube. Anyone have some good clear closeup pics of these Kevcos, what they actually received vs. what their website shows?
Here's the M302 6-qt with the M301-1 pickup tube on my 408 during build. Has a nice little anti-windage lip on the RH side to reduce oil entrainment and the trap doors for control during accel (make you flip them correctly at pan install!). Again, I gave the pan a "white-glove" test as-received and it was absolutely clean. I was quite impressed by that. Welds all looked good, sealed up without issue...I have nothing but good to say about it. Good enough, in fact, that when it came time to get a pan for my 340, I bought another Kevco (M323, stock 5-qt pan). This one was also very clean and neat as received. And in dealing with them, they answered phone promptly and were helpful. Got the pan(s) within 2 days of ordering.

So from my perspective, I rate Kevco all good!
20200410_170021.jpg
20200410_165009.jpg

No clearance issues at all the only problem was the Hughes girdle with the Rods which was touching in some areas and we made the desired adjustments cleared the notches to relief those areas. Funny thing was Hughes diagram had some instruction stating the girdle had plenty clearance with I beam rods and with the H beam those areas will need attention. Note * check everything and don’t take it for granted .

I run one, not the rear sump, but the center sump. I have been very happy with it. The one issue I have been whining about for years. They put the oil drain on the wrong side of the swinging door gates. Which traps about a quart of oil in the pan when you change the oil. A couple of years ago I just welded in another drain plug. This one located in the rear of the sump. I sent them an email years ago. Never heard anything about it.

demonx now that is the pan i expected when i ordered. please explain what you mean with this comment[make you flip them correctly at pan install] my observation of those crudely made little trap doors were they are totally worthless in fact they are either open or closed so why a hinge?

Lets oil drain into the pickup/sump area. But doesn’t let it flow forward away from the pickup on deceleration. The oil pushes them closed on hitting the brakes. The drain is in front of them. So the oil drains SLOWLY if at all.

correct, i know what there supposed to do but in reality those hinges on those kevco pan's will not no way no how swing unless forced by hand. period

I run the 6 qt Kevco and it is a nice peice

Question ... is the upper plug on the side of the pan an overflow for verifying propper oil capacity or is it for a return line etc..?

i will not buy another kevko pan again. horrible workmanship. the quality is just not there. dirty welds, not cleaned inside, pan didn't fit properly. had to ''make'' it fit.

I have a kevco aluminum pan on my R3/W8 mill. Rear sump and I had them add a kick out to the left side in addition to the one on the right. We were trying to gain oil volume without having a pan that was extremely deep. My sump is pretty much even with my aftermarket K. My only issues have been they welded the sump even with the sealing surface on the rear so I had to space my flex plate out to allow clearance for the arp thin head torque converter bolts. Let’s just say if I ever have developing crankshaft end play, we’ll know! My other issue is that on some shorter tracks that require getting on the brakes hard I’ll lose oil psi. Was hoping the doors would aid in this, but probably my choice of going away from a deeper sump. I run a clean N so I can click of the engine anyways.

-
Back