Kick *** MRL 440

-
I'll be happy if my Indy junk hits 800 HP with a 1250. Wish I had Brodix heads instead.

Mike id be happy with those number from solid roller and less head out of my junk!

So this is what this Kick A$$ 440 is in. Not everything Mopar is a Muscle Car LOL

Attachments

• Nathan Monster Truck-1.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 261
  • Nathan Monster Truck-2.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 293
I'd like to jump in that and go get milk at the store--STeve

Real trucks don't have spark plugs. Just saying. Would be a nice motor for an A-body. Not a pump gas truck. Would it even fit under the roof at the pumps?

I would love to. But how the hell would I get my old *** in that thing. And I would definitely have to drive to see its real potential. I had a box to get in mine.

Attachments

• steve%20026[2].jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 244
  • spoiler pics 441.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 268
Are you OMM's daughter?

Maybe this is what they were going to do with the truck:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roSNbcJ68_M"]Uncut footage of Upstate NY Mud Bog - YouTube[/ame]

I cannot understand why Mike likes the Mallory distributors. I bought a series 32 for my BB and it came with a plastic cover over where the vacuum advance would attach and the plate inside that the pickup rides on was totally loose with no attachment to the dist housing. OK, factory error of some kind and I'll send it back to Summit. I order another and this one has the plastic cover where the vacuum advance would go but this plastic cover has an arm connecting to the plate that the trigger rides on, fixing it in place, kinda. The fit of the pin on the plate that the trigger rides on is so loose/flimsey that the trigger plate can be moved way too much. Crap IMO. Ok, I'll order a MSD and send back both Mallory units.

The MSD is the same price as the Mallory and the quality is an order of magnitude better. Plus it has the springs and advance stop donuts making the unit quite adjustable. So why do you use the Mallory distributors Mike? I think they are junk based on the 2 new ones I have seen.

And I think MSD is JUNK, to each his own. Thanks for the Kind words and basically telling everyone on here That I use JUNK to build my engines. LOL

I have used dozens of Mallory dist, boxes, coils ect without 1 issue.

Just describing what I saw on 2 new Mallorys. BTW, I first chose the Mallory cause you use them. So the plastic thing that holds the pickup plate in place not being at all suitable for the task is OK with you? The MSD plate is bolted in and also secured with a bunch of RTV. Rock solid.

With my CR being so high I cannot see having a pickup that is so loose in the dist case.

I've used several of the Summit Street Strip distributors, they are made by Mallory. I was briefly distraught by the movement that I found in the plastic arm that retains the internal plate also. The arm was stiff enough but there was movement around the pin, a quick dab of silicone removed any movement. I found that the infinite adjustability of the mechanical advance in the Mallory to be preferable to the bushings on the pins in the MSD. With the MSD I have to weld up the advance hole to limit the advance as I do in the Mopar distributors. I'm not going to spend $280-$380 on a MSD distributor that I have to weld on to get my advance curve correct. I now buy the Firecore50 distributors, they are rock steady and infinitely variable.

I relooked at the Mallorys I have yet to send back. The newer one still has the thin plastic arm that is molded into the cover plate unbroken and attached to the plate. That little plastic arm, which came broken on the first one I bought, is all there is between running and disaster. I don't think that arm is stiff enough at all as it allows up and down movement (think wheelie) and that will cause the gap to the star wheel to vary. No thanks.

I will look into the firecore50. Thx.

All of My Mallory's have worked just fine...... No let downs here..... Sorry you got problems.. :(

-
Back