Kootenai Hospital

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Is the facility that I am scheduled to be having the Vertiflex put in my back on Wednesday. The Covid testing department called me on Thursday to inform me that I need to be tested on Sunday. Well...they called again on Friday, apparently they "lost" the list of people that they have already contacted. Hmmm....
Have seen several articles that this particular hospital is at 100% capacity...thanks largely in part to Idaho was in "Phase 4"...which meant pretty much no "pandemic" restrictions. That recently changed, Idaho has been moved back to Phase 3...and also has a mask mandate because they have had a tremendous increase in Covid cases....
Over the past week, there have been an average of 870 cases per day, an increase of 34 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
Don't really care if you agree or not in regards to this Covid crap being real...or a scam...or political in nature. Fact is it is effecting some folks. Yes, many of the people that have passed were elderly...and...not trying to sound cold...were probably going to pass any way.
I am considering cancelling my appointment. I realize that this is a relatively minor procedure, if I am still only getting one put in it should only take 20-25 minutes. But I am a bit concerned with the "what if" possibility. Kootenai is sending folks to Seattle and Portland, at least according to the articles I have seen. Something goes wrong....and i need to be put in a hospital...last thing I need is to be shipped across the state...

Yes you are right to consider the "what if" situations. All depends on how much it would affect you if postpone. Pain, missing work, age. Best of luck on decision

Is the facility that I am scheduled to be having the Vertiflex put in my back on Wednesday. The Covid testing department called me on Thursday to inform me that I need to be tested on Sunday. Well...they called again on Friday, apparently they "lost" the list of people that they have already contacted. Hmmm....
Have seen several articles that this particular hospital is at 100% capacity...thanks largely in part to Idaho was in "Phase 4"...which meant pretty much no "pandemic" restrictions. That recently changed, Idaho has been moved back to Phase 3...and also has a mask mandate because they have had a tremendous increase in Covid cases....
Over the past week, there have been an average of 870 cases per day, an increase of 34 percent from the average two weeks earlier.
Don't really care if you agree or not in regards to this Covid crap being real...or a scam...or political in nature. Fact is it is effecting some folks. Yes, many of the people that have passed were elderly...and...not trying to sound cold...were probably going to pass any way.
I am considering cancelling my appointment. I realize that this is a relatively minor procedure, if I am still only getting one put in it should only take 20-25 minutes. But I am a bit concerned with the "what if" possibility. Kootenai is sending folks to Seattle and Portland, at least according to the articles I have seen. Something goes wrong....and i need to be put in a hospital...last thing I need is to be shipped across the state...
Good luck my friend. I hope this helps your pain.

You've been around so you'll do what's best for you.

All dends if your are a gambler ir not. I am not, dont like taking chances.

The fact is, the cases that spiked CDA have mostly come, one way or t'other, from Spokane. I wish you luck. Anybody our ages and up might need some care of some kind. I sure don't know. Kootenai Health, tho, is no longer the "small town hospital." They are a corporate megaplex just like all the rest.

870 cases a day times 365 =317,550 per year. Looks to me like everybody is getting it, or will be getting it
I got some questions:
1) Is it possible that a large percentage of people have been born with a covid marker ? and would have tested positive years ago, had there been a test?..... jus saying.
2) Once a person's results come in positive, your name goes on a list. What will they use that list for in the future?
3) If they put a needle in you, how do you know, there ain't covid already in it? Every time somebody sticks a needle in you, you are trusting that whatever is in the needle, is gonna be good for you; WHY?
4) a lotta people, (everybody I know), who went to hospital, died in there; why? The only person I know that survived in there was me, and that was 1960. And nobody stuck me.
5) We have been used as guinea pigs for a long long time by a Medical Profession that is anything but professional. Who are the people in charge of these businesses of Science, falsely so called? and why do people trust them?

I'm not gonna tell you what to do; just ....tickling your thinking. If I absolutely had to go in there, I would get me a hedge of protection.

If they put a needle in you, how do you know, there ain't covid already in it? Every time somebody sticks a needle in you, you are trusting that whatever is in the needle, is gonna be good for you; WHY?

That's why you need to sterilize your needles with ****** before injecting into your body...

That's why you need to sterilize your needles with ****** before injecting into your body...
I'd like to put a like on that but if I do, it might hurt me in the long run. AFAIK, me and ****** have never met........
unless that is what they put into myazz when I was passing kidney stones. I got really sleepy really fast.
I was told the needle was morphine; but I didn't care, I thought I was rupturing inside, and already had one foot in the grave: stick me, I don't care.
Two hours later I pee'd a pos razor sharp concretion, that in no way resembled a stone; and then,
my world was normal again. Just as if nothing had ever happened.

Last edited:
I don't think the "medical community" has any eff'n idea about COVID, whether you can get immunity, permanently, or for "all" strains or whether it will mutate. I heard on the news some time ago that there were at least 2? cases of proven non-immunity from this. There's been enough "****" about testing, back and forth, that I doubt anybody knows how accurate testing IS. And in Idaho, "good luck" getting tested, .....for any reason

The fact is, the cases that spiked CDA have mostly come, one way or t'other, from Spokane. I wish you luck. Anybody our ages and up might need some care of some kind. I sure don't know. Kootenai Health, tho, is no longer the "small town hospital." They are a corporate megaplex just like all the rest.
:thumbsup: Yep, Washington was on lockdown, but their people came over to play.

:thumbsup: Yep, Washington was on lockdown, but their people came over to play.

Well to be fair, there's a fair number of Idahoans who WORK in the Spokane area. I myself did this twice--about 4 years back in the HVAC days, and for a few more years in the mid--late 90's when installing E911 systems for Motorola

I feel your anguish, I to was faced with the same dilemma. I have been in and out of our local hospital multiple times in the last several months doing physical therapy on my neck. My neighbor is the admittance administrator there and she assured me that it was safe as all the covid patients were secured in a very effective isolation ward. Understand that nothing is 100% I had no issues as I have been tested for covid since - negative.
Do what you feel comfortable with no one will think the worst of you either way. Good Luck

I would really like to hear how us folks from Washington are to blame for the increase in Covid cases in Idaho.....you folks do realize that every time, so far 3 separate test sites...that I have been tested for Covid that I needed to show them my license....which...well...is the address they put on the Covid test paperwork....the only way one can contribute to the Covid count is to be a resident of THAT state...aint like the testing site asks you for your past travels.....Seems like damn near everyone in I DA HOE thinks that there state is head and shoulders above its neighbors...

On second thought....spare the explanation...I already have a headache...

I would not be surprised if I am immune to Covid lol....I grew up in the arm pit of the country...Jersey. Have had lead poisoning at least a dozen times. Went off roading, more than once, in what was found out to be an illegal nuclear dump site...been on Plaquenil for 6 years now....and have had a chronic sinus infection since 1993...thanks to the crappy AZ air quality....

Have yet to decide what I am going to do. I am going tomorrow for the test. I am going to call the doc on Monday to see how much longer I will have to wait to avoid going over "there". I am planning on going to the Hangover Rally at SCR on January 2nd....at least that is the plan if I can have the thing put in before the beginning of December as the doc wants me to take it easy for 3-4 weeks. I am really effing tired of the damn narcotics. My goal is to get off of them...no matter if I hurt or not....long enough to have a pain pump put in. Hoping to have it all done prior to the start of the racing season at SCR....

All summer long our recreation areas were slammed with folks from Washington.

Idaho laws required out of state visitors to self quarantine for 14 days, which of course was not enforceable and did not happen. Hell, the Cda airport had private jets landing every 20mins ALL summer with people coming from the absolute worst hit counties in the US.

Covid numbers get double reported, kinda. The paper reports any and all positive tests the local medical facilities state, but the official numbers go back to a person's home county. Often you'll find the paper conflate numbers or fails to mention that a daily figure actually includes several days of testing (tests are not counted in real time, and papers love to publish Tuesday or Wednesday numbers only because they usually include some numbers from the previous Friday, weekend, and Monday).

One of the things driving positive rates in Kootenai is college kids who are off in another county right now testing positive. Those get reported as Kootenai cases. The counts by age demonstrate this to some degree.

Kootenai isn't moving any patients to Seattle or Portland. It was discussed as an options and for preparation only, if needed. The actual figure right now is 97% capacity (as of yesterday) but the number of icu patients being treated for covid is relatively small from what I've read and been told by nurses. Most of the beds are being taken up by a wave of people trying to get their surgeries and other care attended to before the real snow hits. Two weeks ago they reported high numbers too, and discharged something like 6-8 patients and the number dropped to under 90% after they brought back some furloughed staff. Remember, hospitals try to run at 85%+ capacity to keep costs down.. All it takes is a couple inpatients (or a doc to call out sick or vacation) to spike the %.

Flu season is driving more people into the testing lines too, and while plenty are popping positive with covid they're not having any massive surge in patients needing critical care. Most are mild. There are some worse, but the rise is nothing like it was over the summer.

I was at Kootenai ER at the end of July and their staff has very good covid protection procedures in place. I wouldn't worry about having anything done there. Masks, shields, filter air supplies for nurses and sterile procedures for any moves between rooms.

If everyone is wearing masks, how they getting infected..? Goes for health care workers too The proposed mandatory mask law envisioned by a potential future President law will stop it cold and cure everyone, that's his plan he's selling the people. Who's buying that?

-
Back