la/magnum solid roller oiling question

-

boilermaker

Reaction score
Thinking about going solid roller for my 318. Also considering EQ heads. I'm not quite sure how solid lifters will feed oil to rocker arms? Is there oil provision in solid roller lifters to get oil to push rods? What is the best brand of solid roller lifters for a 350hp street engine?
Thanks in advance. BTW block is 87 318.

"What" rollers are you thinking of using? You cannot use magnum lifters unless you have a roller block. For all I know some aftermarket LA block rollers may oil. I have been told the "flat tappet" guys using mag heads are using AMC lifters which do oil and are proper diameter

Dels Correct comps 801-16 COMP Cams® - Solid Mechanical Lifters , oil through solid flat tappet lifters with oil band and hole in the cap. Comp ball to ball hollow push rods that I run in mine EQ mag heads on a LA block feeds plenty of oil upstairs but the 408 I'm building is a solid roller Hughes retro fit lifters but have gone with the Aero Flow heads 65cc which will feed through the rocker stud. Will check my lifters tonight and report back.

He said solid roller cam and the oil through the lifters I’ll be using are from BAMM.

Yeah I know that’s why I mentioned the Hughes rollers but those bam would be my first choice, the conversion Aussie to US than shipping would kill me . What’s their range $ 800-900 ?

Right now? IDK. I paid $450 US dollars.

Right now? IDK. I paid $450 US dollars.
Just checked on the Hughes site $ 777.00 US. Far out if they were $450.00 I would have brought a set unless you know where I can get them for that price.

Your la block feeds oil to the rockers thru an oil passage in the block and heads. Nothing changes with a solid lifter... it gets oil from the block too. You only need pushrod oiling with magnum style heads.

Just checked on the Hughes site $ 777.00 US. Far out if they were $450.00 I would have brought a set unless you know where I can get them for that price.
Sorry no. I do have mine 2 years now.
The should have been in and running by now but I have been delayed by “Other” car projects.

I went looking for the BAM lifters on line and they only seem to have distributors like the only other company I’d use, Morel. John Callies is the official web site and list dealers below. Good luck hunting.
John Callies, Inc. - Dealers

Your la block feeds oil to the rockers thru an oil passage in the block and heads. Nothing changes with a solid lifter... it gets oil from the block too. You only need pushrod oiling with magnum style heads.

He said he is considering EQ heads which are magnum I believe

He said he is considering EQ heads which are magnum I believe
Available in both LA and Magnum styles?
I forget and don’t bother to keep it in my head anymore. It just gives me a headache. Thanks Del.

Thinking about going solid roller for my 318. Also considering EQ heads. I'm not quite sure how solid lifters will feed oil to rocker arms? Is there oil provision in solid roller lifters to get oil to push rods? What is the best brand of solid roller lifters for a 350hp street engine?
I'd look at the Howard's Cam site also.

Howards sells the BAM lifters. IIRC

It was way back in 2010 but I'm pretty sure that I used Comp Cams 8043-16 solid roller lifters in a pushrod oiling application.

If your on a budget heres the link and these do have the oil through as you should be ok with the EQ magnum heads-http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/products.php?browse=category&level0=QS0gU21hbGwgQmxvY2sgIkxBIg==&level1=TGlmdGVycw==&searchmode=partnumber&page=2&partid=26301

It was way back in 2010 but I'm pretty sure that I used Comp Cams 8043-16 solid roller lifters in a pushrod oiling application.
That's what I was looking for.
Thanks to all for the info.

-
Back