ladder bar suspension.

-
I'd do away with the leafs and put coil overs on it.

weight...you want to get rid of the heavy leaf springs...

better shocks....adjustable...single or double depending on how much you want to spend.

The biggest reason for adding ladder bars or a four link is to gain additional tire clearance for big tires. I wouldn't bother adding ladder bars or a four link without back halfing the car, it's a waste of money.

Save some more money, back half it with a four link (then you get all the adjustability too) it doesn't cost that much more than a ladder bar setup. Add some 14/32's or 15/33's and you'll have all the traction you'll ever need.

Dont wanna back 1/2,it's a street car that will see track time. So far,the ladder bar still looks like my best option. Could always go with a split mono leaf as far as light springs.

I should mention that this car needs to maintain a good ride. Thats why I was looking at ladder bars,as they dont affect ride quality.Any info on what the caltracs system rides like?

needsa, don't buy those ladder bars, they are a pain in the a-- to adjust. you need the kind with the adjusting link in them. ladder bars are not the best thing to run on the street. what with all the uneven terrain they bind up really bad. better systems would be what guitar mention and the one you posted the link to.

Im with Jones on this one. Do not ladder bar your car unless you back half the car. A ladder bar coilover rear is going to weigh almost the same if not more if you run a sping with the bars. Plus i think you need to run an isolator to run bars and springs.

K,thanks guys. So the caltrac now looks to be a good deal. Can anyone relate thier install experience and road/track time with this system?

I have been watching threads regarding SS springs and it seems like the quality is hit and miss,so I dont really want to go in that direction either.

-
Back