Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Ya wouldn't that be something. We had a Natinal Gaurd c-130 fly over a few days ago. Banked real hard and low right over town. That was kinda cool. Right on time too. We have a pretty big base in Great Falls MT
my parents live down the road from a joint air force base
every other year they have an airshow there

for weeks before the show we'd have c130s and f16 fly over the house like they were inspecting the chimney

514032029696_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=KCY9BWOGps0AX_72ElT&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.jpg
From Nova Scotia . R.I.P.

Last edited:
Ya wouldn't that be something. We had a Natinal Gaurd c-130 fly over a few days ago. Banked real hard and low right over town. That was kinda cool. Right on time too. We have a pretty big base in Great Falls MT
We used to live 5-6 miles from the Trenton Air base and we had planes doing that all the time. The commercial jets would do "Touch and go's" there so we saw all kinds of planes flying over the house. It was really neat when the airshow was on. One day I was putting a windshield in a car in a garage that was basically at the end of the runway. I heard this thing coming and was a fighter jet (F15?) and he had all the candles lit and as he went over top the windows rattled and the ground shook. Must be a real rush in the seat.

Morning guys. Hope everyone had a great weekend, we have today as well. How's the old tractor working now CF? Was it worth the time and effort?

Here's a change of pace this morning. Here's a couple of pictures we took when we were in the Cotswalds area of England. The cottages with the thatched roofs are gorgeous, a beautiful area to live. Some of the thatched roofs have designs in them.
We love that area.
1- Bibury- Arlington Row.JPG
near Snowhill.jpg

Those would take a skilled craftsmen for sure , I would hope it gets passed down .

Morning guys. Hope everyone had a great weekend, we have today as well. How's the old tractor working now CF? Was it worth the time and effort?
I have been too bust working when no rain and ran out of time and money for that tractor for now. It still needs rear tires and to get the injection pump rebuilt. The bigger Diesel and my little planting gas tractor got it almost done.

Hi all I'm still alive and at work making some money to pay for my car habit. My last son graduates this weekend and gonna be busy getting ready for family to get together.

Those would take a skilled craftsmen for sure , I would hope it gets passed down .
It is a skill for sure and yes it's being passed down. Don't think it's cheap and from what I was told it's good for about 50 years. I would think the straw has to have a fire retardant on it as well. When you look at the houses etc it takes you back into another time. I would recommend anyone to go for a visit just to take in the beauty of the Cotswolds. the Lake District etc. Breath taking. If you ever do go don't do a bus tour rent a car and go where you want to go and head across country. Some areas are quite rustic and others are gorgeous. I sound like a tour guide lol

Hi all I'm still alive and at work making some money to pay for my car habit. My last son graduates this weekend and gonna be busy getting ready for family to get together.
Hey Buddy...thanks for dropping in. Any idea when you be back on here permanently? Guess accidents aren't happening with a lot of people staying home. Have you guys asked for a discount on your car insurance? It wasn't a lot but I got 10% of the 300 insurance. Better than a slap in the belly with a dead fish

It took me all of 30 minutes to get used to it. I came out of Glasgow Airport and basically straight out into the country and drove to Houston (pronounced Hooston) where my cousin lived. It was also a 6 speed but you can get an automatic but a lot more money. I was fine after that and now when I go back I take to it like duck to water. Have to be on your toes at times specially the round abouts.
When I get home here it can mess you up a bit at times.

Congrats to your son as well. Graduations have been cancelled to sometime in the Summer I believe
Hi Mark I'll be up and running soon bills are all paid and will get internet at home soon. Been real busy here Scamp is almost road ready but working on the plane for the boys and should be flying in 3 weeks. Got the dash in the Scamp all in and all the wiring done just need to put the front and rear glass in and bolt a 5 gallon bucket to the floor so I can drive it. Just kidding on the bucket but putting the old seat in and will get new seats when I can.

Wife really wants to go to Scotland, I'd love to go too, but wouldn't go for less than 3 weeks if I did. Can't afford it these days, but on the back burner for now.

Hi Mark I'll be up and running soon bills are all paid and will get internet at home soon. Been real busy here Scamp is almost road ready but working on the plane for the boys and should be flying in 3 weeks. Got the dash in the Scamp all in and all the wiring done just need to put the front and rear glass in and bolt a 5 gallon bucket to the floor so I can drive it. Just kidding on the bucket but putting the old seat in and will get new seats when I can.
Oh that's good to hear Fred. Missed you on here. I meant to ask how the plane was coming along? Double check everything. Do the bolts for the wings have torque specs? I don't know the first thing about planes.
Glad the Scamp is almost complete so you can get it rolling down the hwy once more.
Who cares if it's still a work in progress, it's yours and you do it when you can afford to finish it. People would understand that especially today.

20200516_124056.jpg
Grill is getting painted and like it so far. I know FOG less black and more silver but taking my time and making sure I like what I have ya old fart. LOL

Oh that's good to hear Fred. Missed you on here. I meant to ask how the plane was coming along? Double check everything. Do the bolts for the wings have torque specs? I don't know the first thing about planes.
Glad the Scamp is almost complete so you can get it rolling down the hwy once more.
Who cares if it's still a work in progress, it's yours and you do it when you can afford to finish it. People would understand that especially today.
**** Mark took me 3 tries to hit the like button. lol Cell phone keyboards suck.

-
Back