Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Wild weather through here last night, I received 2 tornado warnings on my cell, watching some video this morning of the damage caused a couple hours north, in Calgary, golf ball sized hail, torrential rain, flooded roads, etc. We got a heavy thunderstorm here, tornadoes were 30 to 40 miles away, but no hail that I'm aware of.

https://pbs.twimg.com/ext_tw_video_...pu/img/ZUJSsDLNkJt0woUA?format=jpg&name=small
golf ball hail.jpg
Hail June 13.jpg
shredded siding.jpg

Wild weather through here last night, I received 2 tornado warnings on my cell, watching some video this morning of the damage caused a couple hours north, in Calgary, golf ball sized hail, torrential rain, flooded roads, etc. We got a heavy thunderstorm here, tornadoes were 30 to 40 miles away, but no hail that I'm aware of.

https://pbs.twimg.com/ext_tw_video_...pu/img/ZUJSsDLNkJt0woUA?format=jpg&name=small
View attachment 1715545583 View attachment 1715545584 View attachment 1715545585
Sorry to here that what a mess. Pretty bad when it rips the siding off a house.

Sorry to here that what a mess. Pretty bad when it rips the siding off a house.

I was outside working on getting my trunk pan welded in until the rain started, had to haul the welder back into the garage quickly and get the car closed up before the storm really hit, was in the house about 15 minutes when the heavy rain started, spent the next hour or so trying to calm my youngest dog down, she gets absolutely terrified in a thunderstorm, don't know why, the other two barely even notice, maybe because she was homeless from birth until we adopted her.

I was outside working on getting my trunk pan welded in until the rain started, had to haul the welder back into the garage quickly and get the car closed up before the storm really hit, was in the house about 15 minutes when the heavy rain started, spent the next hour or so trying to calm my youngest dog down, she gets absolutely terrified in a thunderstorm, don't know why, the other two barely even notice, maybe because she was homeless from birth until we adopted her.
Had a cat that was afraid of thunder would jump on my lap and burry it's head in my arm pit. Lol

Had a nice little family get together last night. Felt good to hug some people and drink some whiskey by the fire. Good for the soul. Now I'm in the garage and I smell like an old car again.

Had a nice little family get together last night. Felt good to hug some people and drink some whiskey by the fire. Good for the soul. Now I'm in the garage and I smell like an old car again.
Yep my favorite smell. Glad you had a good time. In my garage working a bit on the Scamp, it has a sticky spot in the throttle cable and readjusting my sun roof.

Yep my favorite smell. Glad you had a good time. In my garage working a bit on the Scamp, it has a sticky spot in the throttle cable and readjusting my sun roof.
Glad you are back on the Scamp. I finally got the brakes sorted out on the impala. The new master cylinder Came with this rubber boot thing that I wasn't real happy with to start with And have been struggling with getting a firm brake. I un bolted the master cylinder from the brake booster and remove that boot now I got good brakes. It was all balled up in their. Wasn't sure what purpose it served to start with. It's all sealed up pretty good without it.

Glad you are back on the Scamp. I finally got the brakes sorted out on the impala. The new master cylinder Came with this rubber boot thing that I wasn't real happy with to start with And have been struggling with getting a firm brake. I un bolted the master cylinder from the brake booster and remove that boot now I got good brakes. It was all balled up in their. Wasn't sure what purpose it served to start with. It's all sealed up pretty good without it.
Glad you got it working right. Are you going to paint the Impala?

Glad you got it working right. Are you going to paint the Impala?
So far, no. Gonna try to sell it as is if she runs out good. I haven't had a chance to even brake in the new rings till now. Gonna tinker with a few things today and put some insurance on it Monday.

So far, no. Gonna try to sell it as is if she runs out good. I haven't had a chance to even brake in the new rings till now. Gonna tinker with a few things today and put some insurance on it Monday.
Hope you make good money on it. Got to check the timing on mine here soon just to double check it then going for a nice long ride might see SLO and drink all his whiskey. Lol

20200614_155630.jpg
took the day off from working on the plane and polished my kick panels that I had the local black Smith shop bend up from stainless. I like them better than factory.

Morning men, I had Friday off , rented a 4000psi pressure washer did all the concrete around the house , took 3 tanks of fuel and about 8hrs ,but man did it turn out nice ,because we live in a rain forest it gets this black algae on it so it’s a yearly chore . Lent it to the neighbor yesterday and the wife and I went to Costco, when we got back the washer was already in my driveway,so I texted him and asked if it worked ok ,he said how sore was your back from all that washing , I did admit to taking a couple Advil,lol . Now I’m up and headed to a friends to do there concrete, it’s nice to see the results when your done , you all have a great day cheers !
That was a good days work Biff. Be careful taking Advil as they are very hard on your kidneys. My Dr told me not to use them at all. So I take either Tylenol extra strength or Tylenol Arthritis. Either one is good.

View attachment 1715545583 View attachment 1715545584 View attachment 1715545585
Nasty stuff

Morning guys. Back a few weeks ago we bought a Serviceberry tree from the nursery. It didn't have a label on it as was last years stock so got it for 50 bucks. Great deal. Yesterday my wife started checking the leaves and the berries on it and something didn't look right. Took the leaf and the berry back to the nursery and the lady that was got it from said "oh that's a pear tree, sorry for the mix up but they look so much alike". So she said bring it back and she gave us the proper one (Serviceberry) for straight exchange. It sold for 180 bucks. I told her we'd pay the difference but she insisted that we just take it. Good job I had a mask on so she couldn't see my smiling lol That's customer service at it's best. That's why we always go back to this place.
So today we'll be planting the new tree. Also Diane's birthday, our son contacted me last night on Facebook and said don't prepare anything for lunch today as it will be delivered along with a dessert. He's so thoughtful. Love the guy.

I'll pass it on Fred. Yeah he sure is. That goes for both kids though. Both are kind and thoughtful. Our son keeps threatening to put us in "Shady Pines" when we get older lol.
Told mine to plant me under a shady pine when I get to old. Lol

Morning men, feeling the effects of all that extra work this weekend but it’s a satisfying sore. It’s supposed to be rainy and cold the next couple days which is way better than too hot you guys all have a good day and stay safe out there cheers.

Been a beautiful day. Nice breeze and not too hot and no humidity. Wife and I planted the new tree and almost right at 12 noon had two deliveries. One was Mary Brown's Chicken and the second was flowers, a box of Turtles, a tub of ice cream and a box of cones. Now we've been having indigestion all afternoon but a lovely lunch just the same. Then our son called us early to make sure we got everything. What a guy!!
Diane kept on gardening which is her love and I went out for a drive in the Cuda.
You've heard me talk about the starting problem I've been having. I changed the ballast resistor with a spare I had. I noticed the one I took off the car was made in Mexico and wondering if that might the problem. I've taken the car out several times and then park it back in the garage and since then it hasn't given me any problem (so far) Starts right up. Time will tell I guess.

Been a beautiful day. Nice breeze and not too hot and no humidity. Wife and I planted the new tree and almost right at 12 noon had two deliveries. One was Mary Brown's Chicken and the second was flowers, a box of Turtles, a tub of ice cream and a box of cones. Now we've been having indigestion all afternoon but a lovely lunch just the same. Then our son called us early to make sure we got everything. What a guy!!
Diane kept on gardening which is her love and I went out for a drive in the Cuda.
You've heard me talk about the starting problem I've been having. I changed the ballast resistor with a spare I had. I noticed the one I took off the car was made in Mexico and wondering if that might the problem. I've taken the car out several times and then park it back in the garage and since then it hasn't given me any problem (so far) Starts right up. Time will tell I guess.
Sure hoped that was the problem with the Cuda. Glad you both had a great day enjoy your evening.

-
Back