Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Another hot day. Went out in the garage first thing this morning and removed the fan and started to install the shroud. SOB wouldn't fit. I called the store and he said it was for a 68-69 A Body. The lower rad hose and cooler lines were in the way and no way to correct the problem because there isn't a lot of material there to cut away. So put the car back together and drove 1 hr or so and then back again to return it. The guy there said it's possible the 67 had a metal shroud and good luck finding one and if you do be prepared to pay 6-8 hundred bucks. I've just asked a friend who is an absolute wizard at building stuff if he'll build me one. So hopefully he has time. It'll be made of aluminum so should like sweet.

Another hot day. Went out in the garage first thing this morning and removed the fan and started to install the shroud. SOB wouldn't fit. I called the store and he said it was for a 68-69 A Body. The lower rad hose and cooler lines were in the way and no way to correct the problem because there isn't a lot of material there to cut away. So put the car back together and drove 1 hr or so and then back again to return it. The guy there said it's possible the 67 had a metal shroud and good luck finding one and if you do be prepared to pay 6-8 hundred bucks. I've just asked a friend who is an absolute wizard at building stuff if he'll build me one. So hopefully he has time. It'll be made of aluminum so should like sweet.
I know what your going through Mark had some problems as well and like your doing build your own. Mine is getting close to not buying anymore parts and what a relief.

I know what your going through Mark had some problems as well and like your doing build your own. Mine is getting close to not buying anymore parts and what a relief.
That fan blade is one bugger to re and re. Especially with bad shoulders and arthritic hands. Kept dropping the ratchet and Diane came out and said "What's that noise I keep hearing". Good job she didn't hear me swearing lol. I was soaked in sweat once I finished putting it back on.

That fan blade is one bugger to re and re. Especially with bad shoulders and arthritic hands. Kept dropping the ratchet and Diane came out and said "What's that noise I keep hearing". Good job she didn't hear me swearing lol. I was soaked in sweat once I finished putting it back on.
Sorry Mark that sucks. I have a touch of dropping things but not real bad yet. Go ahead and cuss as loud as you want it's a man's right to get pissed. Lol

Which side is your lower hose on. The early cars were opposite.

106273784_10158078239910073_5422528479915638617_n.jpg

-
Back